How Burdens must be Borne to win Eternal Life [II]

Rich

Aug 22, 2021, 3:00:01 AM8/22/21
How Burdens must be Borne to win Eternal Life [II]

Labor with all your might. Work faithfully in My vineyard;(Matt. 20:7)
I myself will be your reward. (Gen. 15:1) Write, study, worship, be
penitent, keep silence and pray. Meet all your troubles like a man:
eternal life is worth all this and yet greater conflicts. Peace will
come at a time known only to the Lord. It will not be day or night as
we know it, (Rev. 22:5) but everlasting light, boundless glory,
abiding peace and sure rest. You will not say then, 'Who will free me
from this mortal body?; (Rom 7:4) nor cry, 'Alas, how long is my
exile!' (Ps. 120:5) for the power of death will be utterly broken,
(Isa. 25:8) and full salvation assured. No anxiety will remain, but
only blessed joy in the fair and lovely fellowship of the Saints.
--Thomas à Kempis --Imitation of Christ Bk 3 Ch 47

<<>><<>><<>>
22 August – Blessed Timoteo da Monticchio OFM
Also known as Timoteo de Mound

Priest and Friar of the Franciscan Order,he ws endowed with mystical
gifts, especially of the Blessed Virgin and of St Francis of Assisi –
born in 1444 in Monticchio, L’Aquila and died on 22 August 1504 in the
San Angelo convent in Ocra, L’Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy of natural
causes. He was distinguished for his austerity of life, his visions
and his fervour of prayer. His body is incorrupt.

Blessed Timoteo was born in 1444 in Monticchio, therefore, in a period
of great affirmation of the Franciscan Order, so much so, that in the
same L’Aquila, not far away, the reformer St Bernardine of Siena, the
great Franciscan preacher, preached and lived.

He was born into a peasant family and while growing up poor, he was
completely absorbed by the spirit of prayer. As a young man he entered
the Franciscan Order of Friars Minor, where he studied and was
Ordained a Priest.

After his Ordination he was sent to Campli in the province of Teramo
as the Master of Novices. His life was a succession of mystical
phenomena – he had frequent visions of the Blessed Virgin and the holy
founder Francis of Assisi. It was said that Timoteo’s life was more
celestial than earthly.

He faithfully adhered to the spirit of those Franciscan saints, who
restored observance in the Order, such as the aforementioned St
Bernardine of Siena, St Giacomo della Marca, St John da Capestrano and
the Blessed Bernardino da Fossa.

From Campli, he was transferred to the small Convent of St Angelo
d’Ocre, here too, he led a life interwoven with prayer and
contemplation, becoming for his brothers an example of the active and
contemplative Priesthood and of heroic fidelity to the Franciscan
Rule.

He died holy in the latter convent on 22 August 1504. For his
reputation for holiness, already known in life and continued after his
death, in the lands of Abruzzo, especially in the Aquila and Teramo
area, he was given a cult of blessed, which continued uninterruptedly
over the centuries, until on 10 March 1870, his Beatification was
confirmed by Pope Pius IX.

https://anastpaul.com/2020/08/22/

“The obvious effect
of frivolous divorce
will be frivolous marriage.
If people can be separated
for no reason,
they will feel it easier,
to be united for no reason.”
--G K Chesterton (1874-1936)

Saint Quote:
There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number
of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time
a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials.
-- Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

Bible Quote:
Holy Father, keep in Thy Name those whom Thou hast given Me, that they
may be one even as We are.  (John 17:11)

<><><><>
Prayer for a Peaceful Heart

When difficulties confront me, Lord, give me the will to release
the issues that lie beyond my control, the strength to work diligently
 to effect change where I am able,
and the direction of your Holy Spirit to determine which path to choose.
 I trust a peaceful heart will follow. Amen.