God's eternal quest

Rich

Jul 9, 2022, 2:57:54 AM7/9/22
God's eternal quest

God's eternal quest must be the tracking down of souls. You should
join Him in His quest. Through briers, through waste places, through
glades, up mountain heights, down into valleys. God leads you. But
ever with His leadership goes your helping hand. Glorious to follow
where the Leader goes. You are seeking lost sheep. You are bringing
the good news into places where it has not been known before. You may
not know which soul you will help, but you can leave all results to
God. Just go with Him in His eternal quest for souls.

==============
9 July – Blessed Giovanna Scopelli O.Carm

(1428 – 1491)
Virgin, Mystic, Italian Religious of the Carmelites and established
her own Convent as its first Prioress. She was known, during her
lifetime as a miracle-worker with many coming to her to ask for her
assistance and prayers. Born in 1428 at Reggio d’ Emilia, Italy and
died in 1491 of natural causes, aged 63. Also known as – Jane
Scopelli, Joan Scopelli, Giovanna of of Reggio Her body is incorrupt.

Giovanna Scopelli was born in 1428 in Reggio Emilia to Simone and
Caterina Scopelli. From her childhood she felt a strong attraction to
the religious life though her parents disapproved of this vocation and
forbade her to pursue it. Scopelli submitted to this and so led her
austere and pious life at home until the death of her parents around
1480, when she then decided to form the Carmelite Convent of Santa
Maria del Popolo while in the process of her Novitiate.

Giovanna took on the task of looking for a suitable place, when a
widow offered herself, two daughters and her home. They lived together
from 1480 until 1484, meanwhile Giovanna was looking for a place
which could serve as a Monastery. Giovanna set her eyes on the Church
of St Bernard, which belonged to the Humiliati Friars. With the
support of the Bishop, Philip Zoboli, she obtained it from the Friars’
General on his way through Reggio. The beginnings of the new Monastery
dates from 1485, with the name changed from that of St Bernard to that
of St Mary of the People (afterwards called of the White Sisters). The
inevitable financial difficulties at the beginning were surmounted
through the help of a certain Christopher Zoboli. Under Joan’s
direction more than twenty religious made up the new community, which
was entrusted to the care of the Mantuan Congregation of Carmelites
and, for which, in 1487, the Carmelites provided a Confessor.

She refused all endowments and gifts – and urged her fellow religious
to do the same thing – unless such gifts were given as alms with no
conditions attached to them. In 1487 a Priest was assigned to them as
their Confessor. The nuns became known as “The White Nuns.”

God gifted Giovanna with extraordinary charisms. She herself fostered
a deep Marian piety (she venerated the Blessed Virgin with a special
devotion of her own, called the Tunic of Our Lady – mainly a frequent
repetition of Hail Marys and was animated by an intense spirit of
penance.

She died on 9 July1491;. Her cult began the following year, with the
exhumation of her incorrupt body. In 1500 a public judgement was
passed on her life, her virtues and her miracles. During the years
1767-70 the Diocesan process for the recognition of the cult was held,
which met with the approval of Pope Clement XIV on 24 August 1771.
After the suppression of the Monastery by the secular powers and of
the Church of the Carmelite nuns in 1797, the body of the Blessed was
transferred to the Cathedral in the year 1803.

https://anastpaul.com/2021/07/09/

Saint Quote:
...How often we come to church with no idea of what to do or what to
ask for. And yet, whenever we go to any human being, we know well
enough why we go. And still worse, there are some who seem to speak to
the good God like this: "I will only say a couple of things to you,
and then I will be rid of you." I often think that when we come to
adore the Lord, we would receive everything we ask for, if we would
ask with living faith and with a pure heart.”
--Saint John Mary Vianney from his catechetical instructions

Bible Quote:
Light is risen to the just, and joy to the right of heart. Rejoice, ye
just, in the Lord: and give praise to the remembrance of his holiness.
(Psalms 97:11-12) DRB

<><><><>
O good Jesus, hide me within Thy wounds.

Behold, O good and sweetest Jesus, before Thy Face I
humbly kneel, and with the greatest fervour of my soul I pray
and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments
of faith, hope, and charity, with true contrition for my sins and
a most firm purpose of amendment, whilst I contemplate with
great sorrow and affection Thy five wounds and ponder them
over in my mind, having before my eyes the words which long
ago David the prophet spoke in Thy own person concerning
Thee, O good Jesus: "They have pierced My hands and My
feet, they have numbered all My bones."

Grant, O Lord Jesus Christ, that we who devoutly cherish
Thy wounds, having them impressed on our hearts, may
honour them by our actions and our life. Glory be to the
Father, etc., five times.