Re: News

Message has been deleted

Crimson Ghost

Apr 1, 2009, 11:15:35 PM4/1/09
DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote in
news:d3v7t41un8phk5c43...@4ax.com:

> Jeri Ryan says having to leave her baby for the fist time to go back
> to work made her emotional.
>
> "I cried," she tells People.com. The 41-year-old put her career on
> hold for a year so she could be with her baby girl Gisele, but now the
> actress is back for a role on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."
>
> The show films in New York, while Jeri lives in Los Angeles. "It was
> especially hard since I've been with her nonstop since she was born."
>
> Although it was difficult, she says it was time. "I milked [my
> maternity leave] for as long as anyone could milk it!" she says. "Now
> it's time to go back to work."
>
> Back in shape and looking fit as ever, she admits it was an effort. To
> get back her pre-baby bod, she does Pilates three times a week. "It
> took me 10 months to get back to normal," she adds. "It was a little
> frustrating, but I realize it's harder to take the weight off when
> you're 40." Posted March 27, 2009 7:20:00 AM
>
> http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72247/

> I can't tell from the article if it's a one episode role or what.

Fist time?
Either it's a typo, or it gonna be a REALLY GOOD episode.

Message has been deleted

Crimson Ghost

Apr 3, 2009, 2:09:14 AM4/3/09

> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 03:15:35 GMT, Crimson Ghost
> <Crimso...@email.com> wrote:
>
>>DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote in
>>
>>> Jeri Ryan says having to leave her baby for the fist time to go back
>>> to work made her emotional.
>>>
>>> "I cried," she tells People.com. The 41-year-old put her career on
>>> hold for a year so she could be with her baby girl Gisele, but now
>>> the actress is back for a role on "Law & Order: Special Victims
>>> Unit."
>>>
>>> The show films in New York, while Jeri lives in Los Angeles. "It was
>>> especially hard since I've been with her nonstop since she was
>>> born."
>>>
>>> Although it was difficult, she says it was time. "I milked [my
>>> maternity leave] for as long as anyone could milk it!" she says.
>>> "Now it's time to go back to work."
>>>
>>> Back in shape and looking fit as ever, she admits it was an effort.
>>> To get back her pre-baby bod, she does Pilates three times a week.
>>> "It took me 10 months to get back to normal," she adds. "It was a
>>> little frustrating, but I realize it's harder to take the weight off
>>> when you're 40." Posted March 27, 2009 7:20:00 AM
>>>
>>> http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72247/

>>> -- ------------------------------------------------

>>> I can't tell from the article if it's a one episode role or what.
>>>

>>Fist time?
>>Either it's a typo, or it gonna be a REALLY GOOD episode.
>

> hahah I didn't notice that when I read it.

I saw "Jeri Ryan", "fist time", and "milking", and damn near had a heart
attack.

What a way to go.....

Message has been deleted

Mike, who else?

Apr 4, 2009, 8:10:12 PM4/4/09
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 05:35:22 -0400, DaveJohnson12 wrote:

> :-) mmmmm Jeri milk.

mmmmm Sweet sweet Jeri breast milk

Mike

kaboom

Jul 3, 2009, 9:30:25 PM7/3/09
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 05:35:22 -0400, DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

**Hi Dave. I changed from the AT&T servers (because they are going to
dump the Usenet) and I'm now using eternal september servers. Amazing
what messages now show up now when I dl'ed posts from the new servers.
Stupid AT&T.

kaboomie

Crimson Ghost

Jul 3, 2009, 11:54:54 PM7/3/09
kaboom <kaboo...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in

I noticed that too.
Amazing, ain't it?

Crimson Ghost

kaboom

Jul 4, 2009, 6:12:41 PM7/4/09

**Hi there! I'm more than cheesed at AT&T. When I first got DSL for
Mom, I got a SpeedStream DSL that lasted for 6 years. Last June 08, it
went wonky, so I bought her a new, teeny AT&T Motorola modem that went
on-and-off wonky at 8 months and died completely just a few days ago.
I called tech support and even went into the local AT&T place to
complain (and see if they had any modems...nope!) and I got the Toooo
Bad, bye now! I ended up having to drive out to a non-local Best Buy
to buy the only DSL modem (for miles, apparently). Happily, it's not
an AT&T Motorola jobbie, but I place no faith in modern electronics
anymore.

Other than that, has anyone seen pictures of Jeri's daughter yet?

kaboomie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

kaboom

Jul 6, 2009, 8:00:41 PM7/6/09
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 08:58:44 -0400, DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 18:12:41 -0400, kaboom <kaboo...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>>**Hi there! I'm more than cheesed at AT&T. When I first got DSL for
>>Mom, I got a SpeedStream DSL that lasted for 6 years. Last June 08, it
>>went wonky, so I bought her a new, teeny AT&T Motorola modem that went
>>on-and-off wonky at 8 months and died completely just a few days ago.
>>I called tech support and even went into the local AT&T place to
>>complain (and see if they had any modems...nope!) and I got the Toooo
>>Bad, bye now! I ended up having to drive out to a non-local Best Buy
>>to buy the only DSL modem (for miles, apparently). Happily, it's not
>>an AT&T Motorola jobbie, but I place no faith in modern electronics
>>anymore.
>

>You might do better with your local phone company. Where I live they ship you a modem and don't
>charge you for it.

**AT&T is my local company, they bought out SNET (Southern New England
Telephone). My Mom's first modem was part of the package that she
bought, after that died, you have to buy your own modem. I didn't know
that you could buy any DSL modem and have it work, so I went back to
AT&T and bought one of their modems. If my local cable company
(Cablevision) didn't suck so horrendously, I would give thought to
getting cable internet service (Optimum Online).

I should probably ring up the boobs at AT&T and give them hell for
selling such crap under their name and then not standing by their
product.

>>Other than that, has anyone seen pictures of Jeri's daughter yet?
>>
>>kaboomie
>>

>I haven't. Now that you have mentioned it I'm curious to see what she looks like.

**Some brief surfing didn't bring anything up for me.

>That reminds me, did Obama become president because of Jeri Ryan? If she had been less hot, her
>husband may not have taken her to a sex club. There would have been no scandal. Her husband may have
>become the Senator instead of Obama and Obama would not have run for president. ;-)

**I've heard that. If she's a Republican, she must be having
nightmares about that :) Or not...

kaboomie

Message has been deleted

kaboom

Jul 15, 2009, 6:07:53 PM7/15/09
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:37:34 -0400, DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:00:41 -0400, kaboom <kaboo...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>>**AT&T is my local company, they bought out SNET (Southern New England
>>Telephone). My Mom's first modem was part of the package that she
>>bought, after that died, you have to buy your own modem. I didn't know
>>that you could buy any DSL modem and have it work, so I went back to
>>AT&T and bought one of their modems. If my local cable company
>>(Cablevision) didn't suck so horrendously, I would give thought to
>>getting cable internet service (Optimum Online).
>

>I didn't know you could use any DSL modem either. Do you just hook it up and that's all yoiu have to
>do or is there more to it than that? That's very unfair IMO making people pay for a replacement for
>the phone company's piece of crap modem. I also have Cablevision. I hate them. :-) There's always
>something gong wrong with the service. They replaced my cable box and the replacement fixed the old
>problem and created a new problem. It's around $47/month for cable internet service here. It's fast
>but that's a high price I think.

**I hooked it up and typed in a URL address. It went to the modem
maker's website. Through the website, I set up th modem and then
started surfing. I used it a bit and then went in to fix some
problems. First, upon getting online with the new modem, I went to the
website ShieldsUp! and ran some security tests like echo pings. It
said that my computer was answering an echo ping, so I went back to
the configuration site and shut that down. Then, my newsreader
wouldn't work, so I went back to the configuration site and opened up
that particular port.

It was pretty easy. The AT&T modem was even easier to set up
(essentially plug and play), but, as I've said, it was a POS.

As for Cablevision, I'm wondering if their HD service is any good.
Since Speed TV rarely plays races anymore (it's reality and Nascar,
not my favorites), several other channels like HDNet and HD Theater
are carrying the kind of stuff I like watching. I'm contemplating
getting an HD TV. Today, I read that HD Theater is getting the World
Rally Championship and I'm beginning to look into a new plasma. I love
rally racing. I just started poking around research-wise.

When Circuit City was next door to my workplace, I would wander around
after work. I really wasn't that impressed with the LCDs. Actually, I
don't think any of their TVs were properly set up, some of them
looking damned horrible! I thought: How can they even let this be on
the floor?!

>>I should probably ring up the boobs at AT&T and give them hell for
>>selling such crap under their name and then not standing by their
>>product.
>

>If getting a modem is part of the deal when you sign up for the service, shouldn't it be a modem
>that works? I wouldn't be surprised if my local phone company did the same thing. Phone and cable
>companies are such weasels IMO.

**Well, the first modem did go 6 years! :) but I shouldn't have to buy
a modem a year because manufacturers are making garbage now. I hate
phone companies more than cable.

kaboomie

Message has been deleted