Re: Tina Fey turns down "Late Night," Seth Meyers may be next host

TMC

Mar 22, 2013, 9:11:15 PM3/22/13
On Mar 22, 8:42 am, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/late_night_seth_J7RplneQOrOZPc167GeAtI
>
> Seth Meyers going late-night
>
> While NBC executives plot to replace Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon as
> host of The Tonight Show, we re told that Saturday Night Live head
> writer and Weekend Update host Seth Meyers will move into Fallon s
> late-night slot. A source told us, Lorne Michaels wants Seth to take
> over from Fallon. It would be perfect for him. Tina Fey s name had
> also come up, but she has said she was too busy to do it. Work is
> already under way to bring The Tonight Show from Los Angeles to New
> York, and NBC is building a state-of-the-art studio for Fallon at 30
> Rock. The network is trying to get Leno, 62, to bow out gracefully
> from the hosting job so it can unveil Fallon at its presentation to
> advertisers in May.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/03/22/if-jay-leno-is-out-lorne-michaels-would-have-snl-tonight-and-late-night-with-seth-meyers

For the 1st time, the "SNL" honcho could become exec producer of "The
Tonight Show" if Jimmy Fallon ascends to the job. Michaels wasn't
producer of Conan O'Brien's "Tonight Show," even though he was the one
who got him the "Late Night" job.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/speculation-on-nbcs-jay-leno-jimmy-fallon-transition-intensifies-as-fallon-plans-to-move-the-tonight-show-to-new-york/

TMC

Apr 4, 2013, 10:11:44 PM4/4/13
On Mar 22, 5:11 pm, TMC <tmc1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 8:42 am, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/late_night_seth_J7RplneQOrOZPc167GeAtI
>
> > Seth Meyers going late-night
>
> > While NBC executives plot to replace Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon as
> > host of The Tonight Show, we re told that Saturday Night Live head
> > writer and Weekend Update host Seth Meyers will move into Fallon s
> > late-night slot. A source told us, Lorne Michaels wants Seth to take
> > over from Fallon. It would be perfect for him. Tina Fey s name had
> > also come up, but she has said she was too busy to do it. Work is
> > already under way to bring The Tonight Show from Los Angeles to New
> > York, and NBC is building a state-of-the-art studio for Fallon at 30
> > Rock. The network is trying to get Leno, 62, to bow out gracefully
> > from the hosting job so it can unveil Fallon at its presentation to
> > advertisers in May.
>
> http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/03/22/if-jay-leno-is-out-lorne-michael...
>
> For the 1st time, the "SNL" honcho could become exec producer of "The
> Tonight Show" if Jimmy Fallon ascends to the job. Michaels wasn't
> producer of Conan O'Brien's "Tonight Show," even though he was the one
> who got him the "Late Night" job.
>
> http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/speculation-on-nbcs-jay-leno-jimmy-fa...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/73081/lets-help-nbc-pick-a-new-host-to-replace-jimmy-fallon-on-late-nightex_cid=grantland33

Bill Simmons and his Grantland staff offer some suggestions for "Late
Night" host — as long as it's not Seth Meyers. Says Simmons: "Don't
pick someone who might be better at hosting a late-night show than
your 11:30 guy (and Seth might be better); don't pick someone who
would potentially threaten your 11:30 guy (and Seth might); don't pick
someone who overlaps with your 11:30 guy (and Seth comes from the
Lorne Michaels/SNL machine, has many of the same talent/celebrity
connections, and trusts all of the same people); don't pick someone
who's the same age as your 11:30 guy (and Seth is one year older than
Jimmy); and for a second time, DON’T PICK SOMEONE FOR 12:30 WHO MIGHT
BE BETTER THAN YOUR 11:30 GUY. Because that could potentially be
awkward."

Professor Bubba

Apr 4, 2013, 10:58:03 PM4/4/13
In article
<125527b4-cffe-47a7...@z4g2000pbw.googlegroups.com>, TMC
I'm not sure they're going to continue Late Night. There's been a lot
of talk about expanding Tonight back to 90 minutes and dropping Late
Night, and either moving that Carson Daly thing up half an hour or
dropping that, too.
Message has been deleted