Jay Leno's ‘Garage’ Reality Show On Chopping Block At CNBC After 8 Years: Report

Ubiquitous

Jan 30, 2023, 7:34:19 AM1/30/23
Jay Leno’s bad luck streak continues after news surfaced on Friday that his
“Garage” reality show is on the chopping block at CNBC after eight years
following reports of him crashing his motorcycle and breaking multiple bones.

A CNBC source shared that the 72-year-old’s reality show “Jay Leno’s Garage”
has been canceled, bringing to an end the TV host’s 30-year run of having a
program on one of NBCUniversal’s TV channels, according to The Hollywood
Reporter.

The reality show first debuted in 2014 and was initially a series only seen
on the NBC website. Later, the series was picked up by CNBC and it has been
part of the network’s primetime lineup since 2015.

Jay Leno to NBC you later: CNBC to cancel Garage show, ending 30
years with NBCUniversal https://t.co/0OIcVw58xg

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 27, 2023

The reported cancellation of “Jay Leno’s Garage” comes amid a change of the
primetime schedule at the network with reruns of reality shows “Shark Tank”
and “Undercover Boss,” along with original business documentaries, being its
focus.

Leno’s history with NBC spans several decades. He previously became the host
of “The Tonight Show” in 1992 following legendary host Johnny Carson, who
walked away from the show after 30 years.

In 2009, he started a primetime program called “The Jay Leno Show,” which he
helmed until once again taking over the 11:30 p.m. spot on “The Tonight
Show.” In 2014, he finally walked away from the job and handed it over to
Jimmy Fallon.

Leno then became the host of his “Garage” reality show, where he interviewed
celebrities like Elon Musk, rapper Post Malone, President Joe Biden, and more
as he showed off his enormous car collection.

In November 2022, the comedian made headlines after he suffered third-degree
burns in an accident in his garage, as previously reported. On Friday, Leno
cracked a joke about crashing his bike earlier this month.

I was riding my motorcycle up in Lake Tahoe and I came around the
corner and bam, I crashed into Jeremy Renner’s snowplow.

— Jay Leno (@jayleno) January 27, 2023

“I was riding my motorcycle up in Lake Tahoe and I came around the corner and
bam, I crashed into Jeremy Renner’s snowplow,” Leno tweeted.

--
Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Jan 30, 2023, 1:20:07 PM1/30/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> Jay Leno’s bad luck streak continues after news surfaced on Friday that his
> “Garage” reality show is on the chopping block at CNBC after eight years
> following reports of him crashing his motorcycle and breaking multiple bones.
>
> A CNBC source shared that the 72-year-old’s reality show “Jay Leno’s Garage”
> has been canceled, bringing to an end the TV host’s 30-year run of having a
> program on one of NBCUniversal’s TV channels, according to The Hollywood
> Reporter.
>
> The reality show first debuted in 2014 and was initially a series only seen
> on the NBC website. Later, the series was picked up by CNBC and it has been
> part of the network’s primetime lineup since 2015.
>
> Jay Leno to NBC you later: CNBC to cancel Garage show, ending 30
> years with NBCUniversal https://t.co/0OIcVw58xg
>
> — Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 27, 2023
>
> The reported cancellation of “Jay Leno’s Garage” comes amid a change of the
> primetime schedule at the network with reruns of reality shows “Shark Tank”
> and “Undercover Boss,” along with original business documentaries, being its
> focus.
>
> Leno’s history with NBC spans several decades. He previously became the host
> of “The Tonight Show” in 1992 following legendary host Johnny Carson, who
> walked away from the show after 30 years.

After Leno‘s evil agent forced Carson out.