Re: NHL Finals game 1 averages 6.4 million viewers, most since 1997

46 views
Skip to first unread message

TMC

unread,
Jun 13, 2013, 9:39:05 PM6/13/13
to
On Jun 13, 3:10 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> BRUINS-BLACKHAWKS IS MOST-WATCHED STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 1 IN 16 YEARS
> Second-Most Watched Game 1 Ever (Since People Meters in 1987)
>
> Bruins-Blackhawks Averaged Nearly 6.4 Million Viewers, Up 119% from
> Last Year
>
> No. 1 Program across Broadcast & Cable among Adults 18-49 (tie),
> M18-49 & M25-54
>
> NEW YORK – June 13, 2013 – Last night’s triple overtime thriller (8
> p.m.–1:06 a.m. ET) between the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks in
> the inaugural game of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final averaged nearly 6.4
> million viewers, making it the most-watched Stanley Cup Final Game 1
> in 16 years, the most-watched Game 1 ever on NBC (since 2006), and up
> 119% vs. last year.
>
> The Game -- in which the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston
> Bruins, 4-3, in an epic three overtimes -- drew a 3.9 household rating
> and 6.358 million viewers, up 117% and 119%, respectively, vs. last
> year (L.A.-N.J., 1.8 rating, 2.902 million).
>
> The 6.358 million viewers are the most to watch a Stanley Cup Final
> Game 1 in 16 years, just 9,000 viewers off Detroit-Philadelphia on FOX
> in 1997 (6.367 million), which stands as the most-watched Game 1 ever
> (since the advent of people meters in 1987). Last night’s game now
> stands as the second-most watched Game 1.
>
> Viewership for The Game peaked in the first overtime period
> (11:15-11:30 p.m. ET), which was filled with a flurry of action, with
> nearly 7.5 million viewers (7.444 million).
>
> Bruins-Blackhawks was the No. 1 program of the day across both
> broadcast and cable among Adults 18-49 (tie, 2.5), Men 18-49 (3.1) and
> Men 25-54 (3.5). NBC was the top network in primetime (8-11 p.m. ET)
> for all key male demographics.
>
> NBC is averaging 3.083 million viewers for its coverage of the 2013
> Stanley Cup Playoffs, up 38% vs. the same time period in 2012 (2.226
> million). For the entire playoffs, including last night’s game, NBC,
> NBC Sports Network and CNBC have combined to average 1.191 million
> viewers per game, up 7% vs. last year (1.116 million).

REAL TWEETS FROM REAL PEOPLE: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL:
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/june/real-tweets-from-real-people-the-stanley-cup-final.html

Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Bruins last
night was, in a word, awesome. Three overtimes, skilled play, and
drama by the bucketload made for one of the most entertaining hockey
games in recent memory.

However, there were some people who weren't exactly thrilled with the
game. There were plenty of viewers who were more than upset that the
long NHL game was delaying their viewing of Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.
The overreactions and complete ignorance to the situation was a site
to behold. As always, these are Real Tweets from Real People...


.@jeremyscahill is supposed to be on Jay Leno right now but this
hockey game is in double overtime *government conspiracy* — Farah
Sattar (@Farah_Sattar) June 13, 2013

The Jimmy Fallon fans were juuuuuuuuuust a bit angrier than Leno
fans...


And then, there were the people that exemplified the phrase "first
world problems" when their affiliates went to local news instead of
immediately airing Fallon...


And finally, some people just don't understand how television rights
really work...



Frank Sereno

unread,
Jun 14, 2013, 9:15:35 AM6/14/13
to
On 6/13/2013 8:39 PM, TMC wrote:
> On Jun 13, 3:10 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> BRUINS-BLACKHAWKS IS MOST-WATCHED STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 1 IN 16 YEARS
>> Second-Most Watched Game 1 Ever (Since People Meters in 1987)
>>
>> Bruins-Blackhawks Averaged Nearly 6.4 Million Viewers, Up 119% from
>> Last Year
>>
>> No. 1 Program across Broadcast & Cable among Adults 18-49 (tie),
>> M18-49 & M25-54
>>
>> NEW YORK � June 13, 2013 � Last night�s triple overtime thriller (8
>> p.m.�1:06 a.m. ET) between the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks in
>> the inaugural game of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final averaged nearly 6.4
>> million viewers, making it the most-watched Stanley Cup Final Game 1
>> in 16 years, the most-watched Game 1 ever on NBC (since 2006), and up
>> 119% vs. last year.
>>
>> The Game -- in which the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston
>> Bruins, 4-3, in an epic three overtimes -- drew a 3.9 household rating
>> and 6.358 million viewers, up 117% and 119%, respectively, vs. last
>> year (L.A.-N.J., 1.8 rating, 2.902 million).
>>
>> The 6.358 million viewers are the most to watch a Stanley Cup Final
>> Game 1 in 16 years, just 9,000 viewers off Detroit-Philadelphia on FOX
>> in 1997 (6.367 million), which stands as the most-watched Game 1 ever
>> (since the advent of people meters in 1987). Last night�s game now
>> stands as the second-most watched Game 1.
>>
>> Viewership for The Game peaked in the first overtime period
>> (11:15-11:30 p.m. ET), which was filled with a flurry of action, with
>> nearly 7.5 million viewers (7.444 million).
>>
>> Bruins-Blackhawks was the No. 1 program of the day across both
>> broadcast and cable among Adults 18-49 (tie, 2.5), Men 18-49 (3.1) and
>> Men 25-54 (3.5). NBC was the top network in primetime (8-11 p.m. ET)
>> for all key male demographics.
>>
>> NBC is averaging 3.083 million viewers for its coverage of the 2013
>> Stanley Cup Playoffs, up 38% vs. the same time period in 2012 (2.226
>> million). For the entire playoffs, including last night�s game, NBC,
>> NBC Sports Network and CNBC have combined to average 1.191 million
>> viewers per game, up 7% vs. last year (1.116 million).
>
> REAL TWEETS FROM REAL PEOPLE: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL:
> http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/june/real-tweets-from-real-people-the-stanley-cup-final.html
>
> Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Bruins last
> night was, in a word, awesome. Three overtimes, skilled play, and
> drama by the bucketload made for one of the most entertaining hockey
> games in recent memory.
>
> However, there were some people who weren't exactly thrilled with the
> game. There were plenty of viewers who were more than upset that the
> long NHL game was delaying their viewing of Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.
> The overreactions and complete ignorance to the situation was a site
> to behold. As always, these are Real Tweets from Real People...
>
>
> .@jeremyscahill is supposed to be on Jay Leno right now but this
> hockey game is in double overtime *government conspiracy* � Farah
> Sattar (@Farah_Sattar) June 13, 2013
>
> The Jimmy Fallon fans were juuuuuuuuuust a bit angrier than Leno
> fans...
>
>
> And then, there were the people that exemplified the phrase "first
> world problems" when their affiliates went to local news instead of
> immediately airing Fallon...
>
>
> And finally, some people just don't understand how television rights
> really work...
>
>
>

I can't remember all the details, but the following story got a
lot of airplay on 670AM, The Score, in Chicago. A Texas woman
called in complaint to her local TV station because they were
pre-empting the season finale of "Criminal Minds" to broadcast a
tornado warning. She went on a meltdown tirade that was left on
voice mail and has been broadcast around the country and is
available on the Internet (
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/26/crazy-criminal-minds-fan_n_590410.html
). So that some people got upset because they didn't get to see
Leno or Fallon because of a hockey game doesn't surprise me one
little bit.

WrongWayWade

unread,
Jun 14, 2013, 1:42:44 PM6/14/13
to
Frank Sereno wrote:
> On 6/13/2013 8:39 PM, TMC wrote:
>> On Jun 13, 3:10 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> BRUINS-BLACKHAWKS IS MOST-WATCHED STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 1 IN 16
>>> YEARS Second-Most Watched Game 1 Ever (Since People Meters in 1987)
>>>
>>> Bruins-Blackhawks Averaged Nearly 6.4 Million Viewers, Up 119% from
>>> Last Year
>>>
>>> No. 1 Program across Broadcast & Cable among Adults 18-49 (tie),
>>> M18-49 & M25-54
>>>
>>> NEW YORK � June 13, 2013 � Last night�s triple overtime thriller (8
>>> p.m.�1:06 a.m. ET) between the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks
>>> in the inaugural game of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final averaged nearly
>>> 6.4 million viewers, making it the most-watched Stanley Cup Final
>>> Game 1 in 16 years, the most-watched Game 1 ever on NBC (since
>>> 2006), and up 119% vs. last year.
>>>
>>> The Game -- in which the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston
>>> Bruins, 4-3, in an epic three overtimes -- drew a 3.9 household
>>> rating and 6.358 million viewers, up 117% and 119%, respectively,
>>> vs. last year (L.A.-N.J., 1.8 rating, 2.902 million).
>>>
>>> The 6.358 million viewers are the most to watch a Stanley Cup Final
>>> Game 1 in 16 years, just 9,000 viewers off Detroit-Philadelphia on
>>> FOX in 1997 (6.367 million), which stands as the most-watched Game
>>> 1 ever (since the advent of people meters in 1987). Last night�s
>>> game now stands as the second-most watched Game 1.
>>>
>>> Viewership for The Game peaked in the first overtime period
>>> (11:15-11:30 p.m. ET), which was filled with a flurry of action,
>>> with nearly 7.5 million viewers (7.444 million).
>>>
>>> Bruins-Blackhawks was the No. 1 program of the day across both
>>> broadcast and cable among Adults 18-49 (tie, 2.5), Men 18-49 (3.1)
>>> and Men 25-54 (3.5). NBC was the top network in primetime (8-11
>>> p.m. ET) for all key male demographics.
>>>
>>> NBC is averaging 3.083 million viewers for its coverage of the 2013
>>> Stanley Cup Playoffs, up 38% vs. the same time period in 2012 (2.226
>>> million). For the entire playoffs, including last night�s game, NBC,
>>> NBC Sports Network and CNBC have combined to average 1.191 million
>>> viewers per game, up 7% vs. last year (1.116 million).
>>
>> REAL TWEETS FROM REAL PEOPLE: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL:
>> http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/june/real-tweets-from-real-people-the-stanley-cup-final.html
>>
>> Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Blackhawks and Bruins
>> last night was, in a word, awesome. Three overtimes, skilled play,
>> and drama by the bucketload made for one of the most entertaining
>> hockey games in recent memory.
>>
>> However, there were some people who weren't exactly thrilled with the
>> game. There were plenty of viewers who were more than upset that the
>> long NHL game was delaying their viewing of Jay Leno and Jimmy
>> Fallon. The overreactions and complete ignorance to the situation
>> was a site to behold. As always, these are Real Tweets from Real
>> People... .@jeremyscahill is supposed to be on Jay Leno right now but
>> this
>> hockey game is in double overtime *government conspiracy* � Farah
>> Sattar (@Farah_Sattar) June 13, 2013
>>
>> The Jimmy Fallon fans were juuuuuuuuuust a bit angrier than Leno
>> fans...
>>
>>
>> And then, there were the people that exemplified the phrase "first
>> world problems" when their affiliates went to local news instead of
>> immediately airing Fallon...
>>
>>
>> And finally, some people just don't understand how television rights
>> really work...
>>
>>
>>
>
> I can't remember all the details, but the following story got a
> lot of airplay on 670AM, The Score, in Chicago. A Texas woman
> called in complaint to her local TV station because they were
> pre-empting the season finale of "Criminal Minds" to broadcast a
> tornado warning. She went on a meltdown tirade that was left on
> voice mail and has been broadcast around the country and is
> available on the Internet (
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/26/crazy-criminal-minds-fan_n_590410.html

It would have been epic if at the end of her call you hear all these
crashing noises and the call gets cut off. (Well, not so much for her.)


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages