Bond and Doctor Who

The Doctor

Jul 18, 2019, 9:12:18 AM7/18/19
Bad enough Inflammatory and trolling Chibnall and his puppet
the inflammatory Jodie Whittaker are wrecking Doctor Who.

Now a female 007 with Jamews Bond coming out of retirement?

This is getting to be highly trolling and inflammatory!!
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. -Isaac Asimov

The Doctor

Jul 18, 2019, 6:29:04 PM7/18/19
In article <3a3d31c9-9d2a-43f6...@googlegroups.com>,
solar penguin <paul.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Binky bleated...
>
>> Bad enough Inflammatory and trolling Chibnall and his
>> puppet the inflammatory Jodie Whittaker are wrecking
>> Doctor Who.
>>
>> Now a female 007 with James Bond coming out of
>> retirement?
>>
>> This is getting to be highly trolling and
>> inflammatory!!
>> --
>
>Is "inflammatory" on your Word of the Day calendar
>today?

Flaming bad week there , eh SP?

David Johnston

Jul 20, 2019, 1:32:33 PM7/20/19
On 18/07/2019 7:12 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
> Bad enough Inflammatory and trolling Chibnall and his puppet
> the inflammatory Jodie Whittaker are wrecking Doctor Who.
>
> Now a female 007 with Jamews Bond coming out of retirement?

Exactly what is the problem with that?

Lee McIlmoyle

Aug 26, 2019, 10:05:18 AM8/26/19
There IS no REAL problem... it's just insecure man-babies having trouble sharing their f#$%ing toys, as usual. Frankly, the franchise still makes money at the box office, but look how long they have to stagger the movies to keep them from looking threadbare and culturally devoid of merit. I have LOVED the Daniel Craig era, and think the cinematic Bond as a franchise is back on track as a serious espionage/action adventure series. What I DON'T like--and am notoriously vocal about--is this insinuation that James Bond is the ONLY person who can fill the 007 role and save the day. Nowhere else in the 21st Century can you hold your head up and insist on this obvious piece of bullshit... except at a white supremacist rally.

I for one would MUCH prefer that EON--which is still relevant to my interests, for some reason--either finds a way to update its political stance on world politics, racial discrimination and race hatred, and its parochial gender politics... or let Daniel sail off into the sunset with the tiara, a lifetime supply of cortisone and AZT, and the Walther PPK, and give the series a loooooong damned rest, before it truly does become infantile, pointless, and embarrassing.

I say this as a white Canadian male who has actually toyed with writing and
submitting a Bond novel in the past. The character of 007 is not actually irrelevant... yet.

But we're getting there, boys. We're getting there.

edrh...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2019, 11:58:13 AM8/26/19
It's never going to be finished; (a moment of sadness) but there's a web comic where Nond and Blofeld are both Time Lords, Blofeld wants the Master's TARDIS, and various Bonds and Doctors are investigating technological inconsistencies.

https://comics.shipsinker.com/comic/a-time-to-kill-001/

edrh...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2019, 12:21:55 PM8/26/19
I'd also like to point out, he intermixed it with a gag comic called "Storybored."