On Screen Map in Tomorrow Never Dies?

John Savard

Aug 19, 2019, 3:10:39 AM8/19/19
I'm not sure if the movie was Tomorrow Never Dies, or perhaps The World is Not Enough.

But I remember seeing - perhaps in a commercial or trailer for the movie - a scene, perhaps in a submarine, or some other military installation, where several computer screens show a small outline map of the world.

The shape of the map is unusual, like two circles next to each other but slightly overlapping.

I've tried to search for this, but I haven't found any images or clips. Would anyone remember such a thing from a James Bond movie from around the time of those two?

John Savard

edrh...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2019, 9:32:26 AM8/26/19
There was a video game with a global screen in "Never Say Never Again."

John Savard

Aug 27, 2019, 8:50:43 AM8/27/19
On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 7:32:26 AM UTC-6, edrh...@hotmail.com wrote:
> There was a video game with a global screen in "Never Say Never Again."

Thank you, but the world map I'm thinking of is _definitely_ not from the
independent Thunderball remake with Sean Connery.

As I noted, I think it's from the Brosnan era; there was a TV commercial for the
latest Bond movie, and I just caught a brief part of it. It wasn't a video game,
rather this map was on more than one screen in some type of control room. I
believe it was dimly lit, and it could have been aboard a submarine.

John Savard

John Savard

Aug 27, 2019, 10:38:58 AM8/27/19
None the less, just in case, I did check it out, and I see the game of
"Domination" involved a 3-D holographic display of a globe.

John Savard

edrh...@hotmail.com

Aug 27, 2019, 6:56:48 PM8/27/19
Fair enough, only saw the movie once.