Re: Sean Connery's 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sells for $2.4 million

1 view

Your Name

Aug 22, 2022, 2:45:20 AM8/22/22
On 2022-08-21 22:17:38 +0000, super70s said:

> I was not aware the late Connery was so fond of the car he bought one
> for himself many decades later, apparently without the machine guns in
> front and "ejector seat?....you must be joking!"
>
> Sad that he was in such advanced years he never got the opportunity to
> drive it that much.
>
> <https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/20/business/sean-connery-aston-martin-db5-sale/index.html>

A life-size Lego version was unveiled at the London Lego store just
over a week ago. It took about 57 days to build and weighs two-thirds
of the weight of the real car.

<https://www.thedrive.com/news/this-life-sized-lego-aston-martin-db5-is-made-from-347954-bricks>

According to Lego, the iconic Aston is made up of 347,954 plastic
bricks and even features several of Bond's gadgets to lose the
bad guys. It's got a rotating license plate and a bad-guy ejector
seat. In fact, part of the roof structure and the passenger seat
is missing, making it look like Bond's nemesis has already been
ejected from the car.