OTP: Music question about "The Truth About Cats and Dogs"

Schwa Love

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
Hi, I'm a long time lurker with a question that is a bit off-topic, but still
related to one of Janeane's films. In "The Truth About Cats and Dogs," does
anybody know the name or composer of the song Janeane plays first on the
violin before she is interrupted by Uma Thurman's evil boyfriend? It is not
on the soundtrack (I looked). I don't believe it is the "Russian Elegy" by
Patti Weiss (who also had violin duties in the making of the film) that is
listed in the credits, as I have heard the song elsewhere several years before
the film was released. I looked for Patti Weiss at several record stores just
in case, but had no luck. Anyone know what this song is and who composed it?
I would be deeply in your debt if you can accurately tell me. Thanks.

oOSCHWAOo. .oOSCHWAOo. .oOSCHWAOo. .oOSCHWAOo. . .oOSCHWAOo.. .oOSCHW
"Love is never having to use your safe word"
schw...@hotmail.com HWAOo. .oOSCHWAOo. .oOSCHWAOo.. .oOSCHWAOo.. .o

Ktk60

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
"Love is never having to use your safe word"

:)

wil...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 9:13:11 AM7/6/14
On Tuesday, 3 August 1999 08:00:00 UTC+1, Schwa Love wrote:
> Hi, I'm a long time lurker with a question that is a bit off-topic, but still
> related to one of Janeane's films. In "The Truth About Cats and Dogs," does
> anybody know the name or composer of the song Janeane plays first on the
> violin before she is interrupted by Uma Thurman's evil boyfriend? It is not
> on the soundtrack (I looked). I don't believe it is the "Russian Elegy" by
> Patti Weiss (who also had violin duties in the making of the film) that is
> listed in the credits, as I have heard the song elsewhere several years before
> the film was released. I looked for Patti Weiss at several record stores just
> in case, but had no luck. Anyone know what this song is and who composed it?
> I would be deeply in your debt if you can accurately tell me. Thanks.

I recognise the violin piece. I am not quite sure of the name of the Piece, But It is played by Vanessa Mai. It is in
"The Best of Vanessa Mai (2012) on YouTube.
Also Vanessa Mai "Bach Street Prelude"
I think it is a piece from Bach's Cello Suite.
I Know this info is not exact, but its the best I can do off-hand.
Regards ,
William Foster