There are spies about............................please read . 1419

mickfredmiller

Feb 21, 2001, 10:26:47 PM2/21/01

Also,

If you're using Outlook Express, after a session, dont forget
Tools>Options>Maintainence>Clean Up Now>Remove Messages .

When that's finished, hit >Compact, to save disc space. .

That'll get rid of most of what you might be worried about.

Of course, the best thing is to avoid anything illegal in the first place,
but unless you do the above procedure you'll have everything you've looked
at still on your HD whether you've deliberatedly saved any files to or not.

Sorry to spoil your fun, spammer!!!!

Anyone else got any more tips, like deleting various .log files etc.?

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

Feb 22, 2001, 8:09:19 AM2/22/01
mickfredmiller wrote:
> Anyone else got any more tips, like deleting various .log files etc.?

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
Would you like to never have to see another request to set a cookie?
Would you like to never have to refuse or consent to having a cookie
set?
Would you like to not have another cookie set on your comuter?
If the answer is yes, then here is how to keep this from happening.

(BTW, I don't know if this will work in any other program than Netscape
Navigator, for that is the browser that I have. Also I don't know if
this
will work in any other program than Windows For Work Groups 3.1 , for
that is the program that I have. But it should work no matter what
programs you have because the principle is the same.)

In Windows...
Go to the Netscape directory.
Go to the directory in which the "COOKIES.TXT" file resides.
Select the COOKIES.TXT file.
Go to the FILE MENU.

Select PROPERTIES.
(The PROPERTIES dialog box appears. There are 4 attribute boxes in the
lower left hand corner.)
Check box labeled READ ONLY.
Check box labeled HIDDEN.
Then click OK.
Then go to Netscape.
Select OPTIONS MENU.
Select NETWORK PREFERENCES.
Select PROTOCOLS.
Deselect SHOW ALERT BEFORE ACCEPTING A COOKIE.

If this is successful you will:
1. Never be asked again if you want to permit a cookie to be set.
2. Never again have a cookie set.

Ding dong the Cookie Monster is dead!

--
Beware the Obvious-Suspect the Reality