Morse's Fall

@zonnet.nl Herman van der Woude

Sep 9, 2012, 11:17:13 AM9/9/12
Greetings, you fellow Morse Maniacs,

No Official Morse Weekend this year, alas...
That is regretted by everyone, but of course we respect Antony's
decision not to organise one in 2012.

Sandra Jacob and I (and we are no longer alone in this) got the idea to
visit the city where it all started, Oxford, on Friday the 26th,
Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th of October.
Our main goal is just being together in E. Morse's town (and yes, in
Lewis' town as well) over a good pint or a glass of orange juice, but
we could make a tiny program.

We think of a lecture on Morse and Wagner, if we find the right
speaker. We all know that Morse's favourite composer was Wagner. He
happens to be Colin Dexter's favourite composer as well. But we also
think about a walk through the Botanical Gardens, a visit to one of the
colleges, a guided Inspector Morse Walk, Good Food, high tea at the
Randolph, yet another pint (or orange juice). Yes, it will cost us
dearly!

Those among us who are interested can look for hotel accommodations
with us together (the Linton Lodge where we stayed last year can be an
option), or everyone can search for lodgings for themselves.

Sandra and I sincerely hope, that you find our Oxford idea a good one
and that you will join us spending a lovely autumn weekend in Oxford.
Please, let us know what you think of it. If you have other ideas for
the program, please don't hesitate to write to us. Write anyway! We
hope, that we've given you the appetite to come!

As we have not everyone's e-mail address, we ask you if you have those
addresses of our fellow members of the Inspector Morse Society, will
you please help us by sending them to us?

Just answer yes! to Morse, yes! to Oxford, and yes, we'll be there with
you!

Hoping to hearing very soon from you,
with all our love,

Sandra Jacob