Lewis returns on 10 October 2014

NY

Sep 30, 2014, 5:47:53 AM9/30/14
I saw a trailer for it last night. Hathaway has now been promoted to
Detective Inspector and he's got a Detective Sergeant (played by Angela
Griffin) working for him. Lewis has retired but is called back on some sort
of freelance basis to help.

NY

Sep 30, 2014, 10:31:49 AM9/30/14
"NY" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
Further info from Oxford Times
http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/11504708.Lewis_star_eyes_show_exit/

Kevin Whately wants this eighth series to be the last one. They've done 30
episodes (including Series 8) and there were 33 Inspector Morse episodes.
Weird to think that Kevin Whately is now older than John Thaw was when he
last played Morse and when he died. I'm trying to imagine Hathaway if he'd
been "a young female Muslim sidekick" instead.