Another Exec Exits Air America

Pookie

Aug 5, 2006, 4:43:49 PM8/5/06
Another Exec Exits Air America
Aug. 04, 2006
By Ken Tucker

Yet another major figure has exited Air America Radio.

COO Carl Ginsburg, one of the left-leaning talk network's early architects,
has resigned. No replacement has been named.

As previously reported, president Gary Krantz, who joined the company in
April 2005, exited in June of this year.

Meanwhile, former CEO Danny Goldberg, who remains with the network through
the end of 2006 as vice chairman, is returning to his music business roots
and has started a new venture.

http://billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/format/talk/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002950524

sheila

Aug 5, 2006, 5:36:58 PM8/5/06

Pookie wrote:
> Another Exec Exits Air America
> Aug. 04, 2006
> By Ken Tucker
>

> Yet another major figure has exited Air America Radio.

The latest rumors running thru the talk radio rooms seems to be that
AAR is holding on til after the November elections then will have to
take a serious look at wether to continue or not

Message has been deleted

Clay

Aug 5, 2006, 8:38:50 PM8/5/06

sheila wrote:

These are just RUMORS. They have no basis in fact.

The latest "rumors" prior to November 2004 were that
MSNoBody's_watChing would be off the air months after the election.
Just so you know, GWBush won.

Channel 43, here in NYC, still gives me Keith. This is such a bad
show.

Indeed... it's still a horrible show, even for cable.

Thank God Tucker and that annoying woman are now gone from primetime.

-C-

Neocon Oil Cheerleaders

Aug 5, 2006, 11:39:43 PM8/5/06
In article <kq7Bg.2689$3U4....@fe12.lga>, pooki...@optonline.net says...
You rightards are obviously feeling the heat from Air America Radio. Why
else would you bother trying to start rumors about it going out of business
over and over again? If I had a nickel for every time I heard of Air America's
imminent demise, I'd have a couple bucks.

Cheeks

Aug 6, 2006, 12:43:52 AM8/6/06
You just don't like O'Reilly getting his ass kicked
so regularly by Olberman..

Poor O'Reilly, 6' 4" and STILL a miserable little cowardly
piece of right wing shit.

And, sadder still, pathetic little right wing stooges like Clay,
sucking O'Reilly's dick on the internet..

What a fucking LOSER you are, Clay.

Buckaroo Banzai

Aug 6, 2006, 1:16:24 AM8/6/06
I hate Air America and everything it stands for, but I have to say, that Air
America has been around since... 2003? And ever since then the buzz has
been that it was doomed. Here it is 2006 and it's still here. Now that may
be due to miracle of outside financial support... but still. Again, I hate
Air America, but I tip my hat to it still being here 2 1/2 years later.

Congratulations Air America!!!!!

Clay

Aug 6, 2006, 3:38:04 AM8/6/06

Cheeks always makes me laugh... and is still entertaining <LOL>:

> Clay wrote:
> > sheila wrote:

> >> The latest rumors running thru the talk radio rooms seems to be that
> >> AAR is holding on til after the November elections then will have to
> >> take a serious look at wether to continue or not
> >
> > These are just RUMORS. They have no basis in fact.
> >
> > The latest "rumors" prior to November 2004 were that
> > MSNoBody's_watChing would be off the air months after the election.
> > Just so you know, GWBush won.
> >
> > Channel 43, here in NYC, still gives me Keith. This is such a bad
> > show.
> >
> > Indeed... it's still a horrible show, even for cable.
> >
> > Thank God Tucker and that annoying woman are now gone from primetime.
> >
> > -C-
> >
> You just don't like O'Reilly getting his ass kicked
> so regularly by Olberman..

Who? What? Where? When? How?

Too fucking funny.

I post the following only b/c you are so stupid:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Olbermann>

> Poor O'Reilly, 6' 4" and STILL a miserable little cowardly
> piece of right wing shit.

Public school education... at its worst.

Too fucking funny.

> And, sadder still, pathetic little right wing stooges like Clay,
> sucking O'Reilly's dick on the internet..

I love the fact that you are a leftist. It makes what I do a whole lot
easier.

*snicker*

> What a fucking LOSER you are, Clay.

Hey... a grammatically correct sentence.

Take a bow.

<ROTFLMFAO>

-C-

Pookie

Aug 6, 2006, 7:07:43 AM8/6/06

"Neocon Oil Cheerleaders" <n...@nospspam.com> wrote in message

& maybe you'd be able to buy some better food...

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/1465/1763293442012649460_rs.jpg

Al Dykes

Aug 6, 2006, 8:30:32 AM8/6/06
In article <IWeBg.4454$FN2....@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,

AAR thanks you for your moderate words, and there is *no* evidence of
anyone with deep pockets keeping AAR afloat. Nobody can find any
report of anyone giving money to AAR or the people involved.

You can't hide milllions for long. Poeple like Soros give money
through their foundations, which have to make their donation record
public.

That's how we know that the Washington Times has been subsidized by
Moon to the tune of a billion bucks [1] or that Richard Scaife[2] has
been funding Right Wing media in excess of a billion bucks since the
late 60s.

These publications do make *some* money, which gets folded back into
the operation, and by my count, about $3 billion has been obtained and
spent building the RW media that s screwing this country, today.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Times

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Mellon_Scaife
and google for "Richard Mellon Scaife"

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

ZenIsWhen

Aug 6, 2006, 9:31:44 AM8/6/06
"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Which is a small fraction of the number of people who have left the Bush
"camp" ........ and an even smaller fraction compared with the number of
republicans found to have committed crimes.

Pookie

Aug 6, 2006, 10:58:16 AM8/6/06

"ZenIsWhen" <ZenI...@MYOB.com> wrote in message

Typical libloon...makes the stories about continuing Err America failures
comparable to Pres. Bush...

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/1465/1763293442012649460_rs.jpg

Sol

Aug 6, 2006, 12:12:51 PM8/6/06

Oh, I don't think that AA is going out of business. I believe that
Clear Channel and other radio organizations have signed up AA, and
placed it on their worst stations, simply as a hedge against a Democrat
winning Congress, and a Congressional investigation against the threat
of right wing radio. If that happened, I suspect that they would want
to be able to point to AA as a sign of their even handedness. Sure,
Dead Air is costing them money, but security is expensive.

Kevin Cunningham

Aug 6, 2006, 2:36:43 PM8/6/06

"Pookie" <pooki...@optonline.net> wrote in message
Pookster, You on the far right used to post every day about the imminet
demise of AA. Well that didn't work and now its once a month or so. AA
still hasn't died and you assured us that it would be dead two years ago.

Look, you haven't gotten this right yet, why do you expect any one to
believe you?

Pookie

Aug 6, 2006, 4:08:12 PM8/6/06

"Kevin Cunningham" <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Kevster, libloon,

I never predicted either their imminent or imminet demise...& there's no
reason for you to believe the Billboard Radio Monitor article above. I did
post some articles stating that they'd be going off their flagship station,
WLIB, in NYC...& looky there...they're going off it & transferring to
"powerhouse" WWRL. You, who are suffering from BDS (Bush Derangement
Syndrome) still believe that Gore won in 2000, Kerry won in 2004 & that the
administration staged 9/11 as an excuse to attack Iran. No one ever believed
you before & there's no reason for them to change now...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/DemocratMoronNeurons.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai

Aug 7, 2006, 12:31:33 AM8/7/06

"Al Dykes" <ady...@panix.com> wrote in message

You're cute! And scrappy too!

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 9:41:24 AM8/7/06
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 05:16:24 GMT, "Buckaroo Banzai"
<blisteringlogi...@yahoo.com> puked:

>I hate Air America and everything it stands for, but I have to say, that Air
>America has been around since... 2003? And ever since then the buzz has
>been that it was doomed. Here it is 2006 and it's still here. Now that may
>be due to miracle of outside financial support... but still.

LOL. They have learned to be much more secretive while fleecing
charities...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Cheeks

Aug 7, 2006, 12:35:26 PM8/7/06
Shoot, Clay! You seem to be an expert at being a pathetic
little steaming pile of right wing shit..

It makes it so easy for me to be a "leftist", whatever is the
diametrical opposite of a miserable little bastard like YOU..

Cheeks

Aug 7, 2006, 12:38:39 PM8/7/06

Every time I see another right wing thug posting to try to
zing AAR, my heart sings..

Just knowing a sorry sack of human shit like YOU are worried
enough about them to try to shit in your hand and fling it
indicates it is on the right track.

Cheeks

Aug 7, 2006, 12:39:47 PM8/7/06
Dookie continues to demonstrate what being an ignorant
right wing cocksucker is all about..

Cheeks

Aug 7, 2006, 12:42:40 PM8/7/06
Shit, if you guys REALLY weren't worried about AAR and
dissent against your 24/7 right wing propaganda on radio,
you would simply ignore them.

Just knowing they blister your ignorant asses warms the
cockles of my liberal heart.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 12:46:04 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:38:39 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

I'm not worried about AAR at all. I have never seen you post anything
that would lead me to believe that YOU have ever listened to them, but
trust me, I have heard plenty.

What I have heard has in no way convinced me that their LEFT opinion
is RIGHT, if you will. Their presentation is amateur at best,
redundant, and actually a bit sad.

Now, which shows on AAR do you listen to and believe are 100% correct
in all they present?

I anticipate no response. Or no relevant response in any case...

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 1:05:42 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:42:40 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

>Shit, if you guys REALLY weren't worried about AAR and
>dissent against your 24/7 right wing propaganda on radio,
>you would simply ignore them.

Bullshit. You geniuses were the ones that said they were gonna do all
kinds of magical acts once they were on the air, and all they have
done is made a charity's money disappear and taken jobs away from
local talk hosts.

Here's a question for you, if liberal talk is in such high demand, why
is it that the public is expected to look to ONE provider for all of
this 'free thinking'? Why aren't there millions of local hosts with
liberal views?

You see the '24/7 right wing propaganda' as you put it, but radio
stations are in business to make money, and obviously these hosts are
paying the bills.

What if Republicans had some sort of Media High Command like Air
America does where the ideas of a very few were disseminated to radio
stations across the US? Would you think that was the best way to
'free the airwaves'?

Cheeks

Aug 7, 2006, 1:09:55 PM8/7/06

Well, since you add the clause "believe are 100% correct in all
they present", I suppose that is a null set. I never agree 100% with
a program, in general.

Unlike ignorant little Dittostooges such as yourself, I actually THINK
for myself.

To hear you trying to piss on the AAR tree only adds evidence to
the fact that you are such a fucking right wing stooge..

I anticipate another pathetic little right wing turd "response", trying
to insist that as a "liberal" I just have to conform to your fucking idiot
fantasies about liberals..

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 1:30:02 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:09:55 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

So you don't listen to AAR at all. Just as I thought. I don't know
which is more pathetic, saying something sucks and never listening to
it, or defending something and never listening to it.

Either way, you're pretty pathetic. Find a hobby...

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 1:47:19 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

This is my simplistic view on the subject.

Conservative radio is popular because quite a few people needed validation
for their prejudiced and generally sick twisted view of the world. There
are lots of people who felt left behind by the few truths that were leaking
out from generally conservative media of years past. So they flocked to
Rush's lies to make them feel better about the world. In the meantime,
with media consolidation, the corporate media over the last decade has
become even more conservative and propagandistic.

Air America is trying to appeal to the quite a few people who are aware that
the media is very conservative and feel left out of the corporate controlled
media propaganda loop. Their business model is to provide just liberal
talk, like WAYV in Atlantic City is to provide just pop music. Neither
provides conservative talkers or country music except in rare circumstances.
To counter conservative lies from both talk show and the psedo-news, AAR
uses humor, sarcasm, and truth.

Now you have a couple of mistakes with your statements above.

"..all they have done is made a charity's money disappear and taken jobs

away from local talk hosts."

Is that REALLY ALL they have done? The charity money thing was done by a
GOP operative who lied about his finances and has been expelled from the
corporation. And even if you want to say the whole company made a mistake.
So be it. Now about local talk hosts. I would think a fan of talk radio
like yourself would acknowledge that host turnover is a part of the
business. But it's only bad if AAR was involved with it right? It is
often the mainstream corporate radio who has killed popular liberal talk
shows just because they are liberal, did you know that? Examples might be
the award winning NYC radio show that Richard Bey had (not his TV show).
In 2000/2001 he was pared with a conservative talker on WABC in NY, but, I'm
pretty sure, they killed him for his anti-war stance. And because he tore
his opponent to shreds every day with the facts. And I can't prove it, but
I think Stephanie Miller was doing pretty well in 2000, when she was tossed
out of her LA station for being so good at making fun of W. She used to
call him "Smirky Smirky Bush."

Hell, ABC/Disney bought a NYC radio station that had been a liberal talk
show haven for decades and turned it into a very unpopular sports radio
station that can't compete with 660. WEVD 1050 was cool. It had survived
for decades. Couldn't have been doing that bad, huh? But the huge
powerhouse WABC bought it out from the owners who wanted to concentrate on
print media, I believe. Now 1050 is a struggling sports station. It is
the corporations that have killed liberal talk whether or not they were
popular.

You can be obsessed with a few problems here and there. But some of the
things you say just confirm you hate AAR for being liberal and that's it.

PS: They will still be in NYC in September.

Al Dykes

Aug 7, 2006, 1:49:25 PM8/7/06
In article <hored2pvje6pn2is6...@4ax.com>,

lab~rat >:-) <SnapTrap@ouchyouf*cker.ork> wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:42:40 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:
>
>>Shit, if you guys REALLY weren't worried about AAR and
>>dissent against your 24/7 right wing propaganda on radio,
>>you would simply ignore them.
>
>Bullshit. You geniuses were the ones that said they were gonna do all
>kinds of magical acts once they were on the air, and all they have

"kinds of magical acts"

You're Making Shit Up and then pretending someone at AAR said it.

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 1:53:20 PM8/7/06

"Al Dykes" <ady...@panix.com> wrote in message

Yeah, I wondered what he meant by that.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 2:11:21 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:47:19 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

Prejudging right out of the box?

There
>are lots of people who felt left behind by the few truths that were leaking
>out from generally conservative media of years past. So they flocked to
>Rush's lies to make them feel better about the world. In the meantime,
>with media consolidation, the corporate media over the last decade has
>become even more conservative and propagandistic.
>
>Air America is trying to appeal to the quite a few people who are aware that
>the media is very conservative

Yeah, the media is conservative.

> and feel left out of the corporate controlled
>media propaganda loop. Their business model is to provide just liberal
>talk, like WAYV in Atlantic City is to provide just pop music. Neither
>provides conservative talkers or country music except in rare circumstances.
>To counter conservative lies from both talk show and the psedo-news, AAR
>uses humor, sarcasm, and truth.

And exaggeration, bad drops, amateur hosts. This combination is tough
on the listener, as ratings show.

You are quite biased in this assessment. Do you mean to say that
conservative hosts don't use humor, sarcasm and truth to counter the
left's lies? Seriously, that's pretty much the Rush Limbaugh Show.

>Now you have a couple of mistakes with your statements above.
>
>"..all they have done is made a charity's money disappear and taken jobs
>away from local talk hosts."
>
>Is that REALLY ALL they have done? The charity money thing was done by a
>GOP

FALSE. He was a Republican in Guam. Not in Washington. Guam is
merely a territory of the US, not a state. The Republican party in
Guam is not considered the GOP.

> operative who lied about his finances and has been expelled from the
>corporation. And even if you want to say the whole company made a mistake.
>So be it. Now about local talk hosts. I would think a fan of talk radio
>like yourself would acknowledge that host turnover is a part of the
>business. But it's only bad if AAR was involved with it right?

No, my contention is that it's bad when syndicated hosts do it. That
goes for Limbaugh or Franken or anyone in between.

It is
>often the mainstream corporate radio who has killed popular liberal talk
>shows just because they are liberal, did you know that? Examples might be
>the award winning NYC radio show that Richard Bey had (not his TV show).
>In 2000/2001 he was pared with a conservative talker on WABC in NY, but, I'm
>pretty sure, they killed him for his anti-war stance. And because he tore
>his opponent to shreds every day with the facts. And I can't prove it, but
>I think Stephanie Miller was doing pretty well in 2000, when she was tossed
>out of her LA station for being so good at making fun of W. She used to
>call him "Smirky Smirky Bush."

So that explains why her show is so poor. She had to reel back the
creativity. ;) Do you have ratings for her a few quarters before she
was canned? Who replaced her? I'm guessing a station in LA wouldn't
be firing her for criticizing Bush and this is just 'misinformation'
on your part. (Note that I gave you the benefit of the doubt figuring
you were just ignorant and not a stinking liar like your ilk
immediately do).

>Hell, ABC/Disney bought a NYC radio station that had been a liberal talk
>show haven for decades and turned it into a very unpopular sports radio
>station that can't compete with 660. WEVD 1050 was cool. It had survived
>for decades. Couldn't have been doing that bad, huh? But the huge
>powerhouse WABC bought it out from the owners who wanted to concentrate on
>print media, I believe. Now 1050 is a struggling sports station. It is
>the corporations that have killed liberal talk whether or not they were
>popular.

Was it syndicated? They did that in S. Florida with Jim Rome et al.
I'm NOT a sports fan and I abandoned the station. If I'm not
mistaken, it was 940 WINZ, the station that currently hosts a few AAR
shows...

>You can be obsessed with a few problems here and there. But some of the
>things you say just confirm you hate AAR for being liberal and that's it.

Did I say I hated them? Those are your words. Along with 'being
afraid of them'. LOL what a joke.

>PS: They will still be in NYC in September.

Fortunately, I will not.

Pookie

Aug 7, 2006, 2:12:21 PM8/7/06

"DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com> wrote in message

PPS they'll be off their flagship station, WLIB, as was predicted...

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 2:17:11 PM8/7/06
On 7 Aug 2006 13:49:25 -0400, ady...@panix.com (Al Dykes) puked:

>In article <hored2pvje6pn2is6...@4ax.com>,
>lab~rat >:-) <SnapTrap@ouchyouf*cker.ork> wrote:
>>On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:42:40 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:
>>
>>>Shit, if you guys REALLY weren't worried about AAR and
>>>dissent against your 24/7 right wing propaganda on radio,
>>>you would simply ignore them.
>>
>>Bullshit. You geniuses were the ones that said they were gonna do all
>>kinds of magical acts once they were on the air, and all they have
>

>"kinds of magical acts"
>
>You're Making Shit Up and then pretending someone at AAR said it.

No, I'm referring to the 2004 elections that they intended to sway to
the Democrats.

Just because you're too dumb to follow the bouncing ball doesn't mean
I'm making shit up.

Oh, and prepare for the rabbit to fall out of the hat and the cut in
half lady to bleed in 2008...

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 2:17:47 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:53:20 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

Sorry, I guess I should have dumbed it down considering the AAR group
was added...

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 3:21:37 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

Hey, I SAID I was being simplistic in that comment.

> There
>>are lots of people who felt left behind by the few truths that were
>>leaking
>>out from generally conservative media of years past. So they flocked to
>>Rush's lies to make them feel better about the world. In the meantime,
>>with media consolidation, the corporate media over the last decade has
>>become even more conservative and propagandistic.
>>
>>Air America is trying to appeal to the quite a few people who are aware
>>that
>>the media is very conservative
>
> Yeah, the media is conservative.

OK, we agree on some things! WOO WOO!

>> and feel left out of the corporate controlled
>>media propaganda loop. Their business model is to provide just liberal
>>talk, like WAYV in Atlantic City is to provide just pop music. Neither
>>provides conservative talkers or country music except in rare
>>circumstances.
>>To counter conservative lies from both talk show and the psedo-news, AAR
>>uses humor, sarcasm, and truth.
>
> And exaggeration, bad drops, amateur hosts. This combination is tough
> on the listener, as ratings show.

Tough on the listener? Mattter of opinion there, Labby.

> You are quite biased in this assessment. Do you mean to say that
> conservative hosts don't use humor, sarcasm and truth to counter the
> left's lies? Seriously, that's pretty much the Rush Limbaugh Show.

Nope, they use sarcasm, humor, some truths, but tons of lies. AAR bends
over backwards to adhere to the truth. Rush and his clones lie almost
constantly.

>>Now you have a couple of mistakes with your statements above.
>>
>>"..all they have done is made a charity's money disappear and taken jobs
>>away from local talk hosts."
>>
>>Is that REALLY ALL they have done? The charity money thing was done by a
>>GOP
>
> FALSE. He was a Republican in Guam. Not in Washington. Guam is
> merely a territory of the US, not a state. The Republican party in
> Guam is not considered the GOP.

By you.

>> operative who lied about his finances and has been expelled from the
>>corporation. And even if you want to say the whole company made a
>>mistake.
>>So be it. Now about local talk hosts. I would think a fan of talk radio
>>like yourself would acknowledge that host turnover is a part of the
>>business. But it's only bad if AAR was involved with it right?
>
> No, my contention is that it's bad when syndicated hosts do it. That
> goes for Limbaugh or Franken or anyone in between.

Oh, perhaps you were complaining about Rush killing local hosts in many
threads. Must've missed that. hehe

> It is
>>often the mainstream corporate radio who has killed popular liberal talk
>>shows just because they are liberal, did you know that? Examples might be
>>the award winning NYC radio show that Richard Bey had (not his TV show).
>>In 2000/2001 he was pared with a conservative talker on WABC in NY, but,
>>I'm
>>pretty sure, they killed him for his anti-war stance. And because he tore
>>his opponent to shreds every day with the facts. And I can't prove it,
>>but
>>I think Stephanie Miller was doing pretty well in 2000, when she was
>>tossed
>>out of her LA station for being so good at making fun of W. She used to
>>call him "Smirky Smirky Bush."
>
> So that explains why her show is so poor. She had to reel back the
> creativity. ;) Do you have ratings for her a few quarters before she
> was canned? Who replaced her? I'm guessing a station in LA wouldn't
> be firing her for criticizing Bush and this is just 'misinformation'
> on your part. (Note that I gave you the benefit of the doubt figuring
> you were just ignorant and not a stinking liar like your ilk
> immediately do).

No, I don't have specifics, but I belive the station is a conservative one,
the LA equivalent of WABC. Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe her rating sucked.
But I don't think Bey's did. I wonder. He and Malzberg ( "The Buzz with
Malzberg and Bey") had a fun drive time show and it had won awards.
Suddenly they moved Malzberg to his own to his late nite show, paired Bey
with some lady and then, after a while, got rid of Bey. I have to think it
was his because of his opinions. But who knows? He was entertaining and
smart.

>>Hell, ABC/Disney bought a NYC radio station that had been a liberal talk
>>show haven for decades and turned it into a very unpopular sports radio
>>station that can't compete with 660. WEVD 1050 was cool. It had survived
>>for decades. Couldn't have been doing that bad, huh? But the huge
>>powerhouse WABC bought it out from the owners who wanted to concentrate on
>>print media, I believe. Now 1050 is a struggling sports station. It is
>>the corporations that have killed liberal talk whether or not they were
>>popular.
>
> Was it syndicated? They did that in S. Florida with Jim Rome et al.
> I'm NOT a sports fan and I abandoned the station. If I'm not
> mistaken, it was 940 WINZ, the station that currently hosts a few AAR
> shows...

I'm not sure which thing you are asking was syndicated, but they bought out
WEVD and replaced it with ESPN radio.

>>You can be obsessed with a few problems here and there. But some of the
>>things you say just confirm you hate AAR for being liberal and that's it.
>
> Did I say I hated them? Those are your words. Along with 'being
> afraid of them'. LOL what a joke.

I only based my opinion on your comments.

>>PS: They will still be in NYC in September.
>
> Fortunately, I will not.
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

You're moving?

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 3:22:51 PM8/7/06
<snip>

>> PS: They will still be in NYC in September.
>
> PPS they'll be off their flagship station, WLIB, as was predicted...

Yep, and, as some predicted, they would get another station, which, I
assume, will be their new flagship station.

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 3:28:15 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

You do know that Kerry won, right?

hehe

Seriously, there is no way to know whether they had an effect on the 2004
elections. They probably did, but that's not their sole purpose, just as
Rush's sole purpose is not to sway elections.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 3:40:44 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:21:37 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

You should use that comment in all of your posts.

>> There
>>>are lots of people who felt left behind by the few truths that were
>>>leaking
>>>out from generally conservative media of years past. So they flocked to
>>>Rush's lies to make them feel better about the world. In the meantime,
>>>with media consolidation, the corporate media over the last decade has
>>>become even more conservative and propagandistic.
>>>
>>>Air America is trying to appeal to the quite a few people who are aware
>>>that
>>>the media is very conservative
>>
>> Yeah, the media is conservative.
>
>OK, we agree on some things! WOO WOO!

Now I see how you listen to AAR...

>>> and feel left out of the corporate controlled
>>>media propaganda loop. Their business model is to provide just liberal
>>>talk, like WAYV in Atlantic City is to provide just pop music. Neither
>>>provides conservative talkers or country music except in rare
>>>circumstances.
>>>To counter conservative lies from both talk show and the psedo-news, AAR
>>>uses humor, sarcasm, and truth.
>>
>> And exaggeration, bad drops, amateur hosts. This combination is tough
>> on the listener, as ratings show.
>>

>Tough on the listener? Mattter of opinion there, Labby.

Matter of ratings, too, Demmy...

>> You are quite biased in this assessment. Do you mean to say that
>> conservative hosts don't use humor, sarcasm and truth to counter the
>> left's lies? Seriously, that's pretty much the Rush Limbaugh Show.
>>

>Nope, they use sarcasm, humor, some truths, but tons of lies. AAR bends
>over backwards to adhere to the truth.

Yeah, did you hear that missile detecting bombs were only announced
when the hanger burned down? Those articles describing them years in
advance must have been lies.

Now jump through hoops explaining how Maddow wasn't lying or
ill-informed...

>Rush and his clones lie almost
>constantly.

No one is perfect, but I notice that you people call anything you
don't want to hear a lie. Incidentally, I notice Franken has a lot of
guests on that lie. Franken's bit is that he'll feign disbelief for a
moment, then the guest will continue on his rant.

This gets the lie out there and somewhat clears Franken, although he
is promoting a lie on his show.

Sounds REAL familiar to the explanation of how his signature ended up
on papers relating to the charity loan, no?

>>>Now you have a couple of mistakes with your statements above.
>>>
>>>"..all they have done is made a charity's money disappear and taken jobs
>>>away from local talk hosts."
>>>
>>>Is that REALLY ALL they have done? The charity money thing was done by a
>>>GOP
>>
>> FALSE. He was a Republican in Guam. Not in Washington. Guam is
>> merely a territory of the US, not a state. The Republican party in
>> Guam is not considered the GOP.
>>

>By you.

By the GOP. I suppose you take exception when someone lumps all
Democrats in with communists. Or maybe not. ;)

>>> operative who lied about his finances and has been expelled from the
>>>corporation. And even if you want to say the whole company made a
>>>mistake.
>>>So be it. Now about local talk hosts. I would think a fan of talk radio
>>>like yourself would acknowledge that host turnover is a part of the
>>>business. But it's only bad if AAR was involved with it right?
>>
>> No, my contention is that it's bad when syndicated hosts do it. That
>> goes for Limbaugh or Franken or anyone in between.
>>

>Oh, perhaps you were complaining about Rush killing local hosts in many
>threads. Must've missed that. hehe

Rush has been on in my market since I have been interested in talk
radio. Perhaps it's my personal view, but I haven't seen him swallow
original local programming. And you haven't seen me making the
association between AAR and local hosts in the past, but I anticipate
that it will be made in the future.

I'm glad Rachel Maddow is gone. Jim Defede will take some getting
used to, but he talks about local issues.

I know nothing about all of that, but I will say this. If the station
was conservative, they know how to run a business and they know the
value of a host that gets good ratings. Therefore, I'm guessing that
Stephanie Miller was axed because she wasn't paying the bills. The
'conservative station' refused to treat her like a, excuse the
expression, charity case...

>>>Hell, ABC/Disney bought a NYC radio station that had been a liberal talk
>>>show haven for decades and turned it into a very unpopular sports radio
>>>station that can't compete with 660. WEVD 1050 was cool. It had survived
>>>for decades. Couldn't have been doing that bad, huh? But the huge
>>>powerhouse WABC bought it out from the owners who wanted to concentrate on
>>>print media, I believe. Now 1050 is a struggling sports station. It is
>>>the corporations that have killed liberal talk whether or not they were
>>>popular.
>>
>> Was it syndicated? They did that in S. Florida with Jim Rome et al.
>> I'm NOT a sports fan and I abandoned the station. If I'm not
>> mistaken, it was 940 WINZ, the station that currently hosts a few AAR
>> shows...
>>

>I'm not sure which thing you are asking was syndicated, but they bought out
>WEVD and replaced it with ESPN radio.
>

>>>You can be obsessed with a few problems here and there. But some of the
>>>things you say just confirm you hate AAR for being liberal and that's it.
>>
>> Did I say I hated them? Those are your words. Along with 'being
>> afraid of them'. LOL what a joke.
>>

>I only based my opinion on your comments.

I think most of the hosts suck and are fun to ridicule. I don't hate
something that is fun to bash...

>>>PS: They will still be in NYC in September.
>>
>> Fortunately, I will not.
>> --
>> lab~rat >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
>

>You're moving?

If I did, it wouldn't be to NYC...

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 3:41:06 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:22:51 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

Will Al Franken's office be a broom closet?

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 3:48:26 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:28:15 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

The implication you made with those three lines may have been the most
realistic and intelligent statement you have made to date...

> there is no way to know whether they had an effect on the 2004
>elections. They probably did, but that's not their sole purpose,

Please! What is their purpose then? Besides to get people to hate
Republicans, what do they REALLY DO?

>just as
>Rush's sole purpose is not to sway elections.

I'm not so sure that isn't the case.

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 4:03:47 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

haha. good one. And you should say, I am lying about everything in all of
your posts.

hehe

Um, nope.

>>> You are quite biased in this assessment. Do you mean to say that
>>> conservative hosts don't use humor, sarcasm and truth to counter the
>>> left's lies? Seriously, that's pretty much the Rush Limbaugh Show.
>>>

>>Nope, they use sarcasm, humor, some truths, but tons of lies. AAR bends
>>over backwards to adhere to the truth.
>
> Yeah, did you hear that missile detecting bombs were only announced
> when the hanger burned down? Those articles describing them years in
> advance must have been lies.

LOL! You are still clinging to your lies about Maddow. WOW! She never
said they were announced only when the hanger was burned down. She said
that sometimes you only learn about things when there is a fire. I am still
waiting for you to prove no one ever learned about something when it burned
down.

> Now jump through hoops explaining how Maddow wasn't lying or
> ill-informed...

I sometimes think English is a second language for you.

>>Rush and his clones lie almost
>>constantly.
>
> No one is perfect, but I notice that you people call anything you
> don't want to hear a lie. Incidentally, I notice Franken has a lot of
> guests on that lie. Franken's bit is that he'll feign disbelief for a
> moment, then the guest will continue on his rant.

Nope, we call saying untruths a lie. Again, you speak very well for
someone who learned English as a second language. hehe

> This gets the lie out there and somewhat clears Franken, although he
> is promoting a lie on his show.
>
> Sounds REAL familiar to the explanation of how his signature ended up
> on papers relating to the charity loan, no?

>>> FALSE. He was a Republican in Guam. Not in Washington. Guam is
>>> merely a territory of the US, not a state. The Republican party in
>>> Guam is not considered the GOP.
>>>

>>By you.
>
> By the GOP. I suppose you take exception when someone lumps all
> Democrats in with communists. Or maybe not. ;)

Yeah, the GOP doesn't want to admit that Cohen was a Republican, sure.

>>> No, my contention is that it's bad when syndicated hosts do it. That
>>> goes for Limbaugh or Franken or anyone in between.
>>>

>>Oh, perhaps you were complaining about Rush killing local hosts in many
>>threads. Must've missed that. hehe
>
> Rush has been on in my market since I have been interested in talk
> radio. Perhaps it's my personal view, but I haven't seen him swallow
> original local programming. And you haven't seen me making the
> association between AAR and local hosts in the past, but I anticipate
> that it will be made in the future.
>
> I'm glad Rachel Maddow is gone. Jim Defede will take some getting
> used to, but he talks about local issues.

Why did you listen to her in the first place if you dislike her so?

You do know that liberals have been dropped dispite having reasonable
ratings, no? I guess not. Example, Donahue actually had better ratings
than the show he replaced. He was dropped because he was anti-war not
because of ratings.

OK, enjoy bashing the hosts based on your lies not on the facts.

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 4:08:09 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

You give away soooooooooo much with those comments.

Is Rush's purpose to get people to hate Democrats?

..
.

Well...

Seriously, he claims to be an entertainer. Same with all political talk
show hosts on both sides. Their purpose is to entertain while pushing
their point of view and comment on the news.

Why should AAR be different from WABC?

The only difference is that AAR hosts try not to pull fake stuff out of
their butts.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 4:25:21 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:03:47 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

Oh, please. It's well documented that nearly everywhere AAR is being
trounced in the ratings. You should leave that particular windmill
alone...

>>>Nope, they use sarcasm, humor, some truths, but tons of lies. AAR bends
>>>over backwards to adhere to the truth.
>>
>> Yeah, did you hear that missile detecting bombs were only announced
>> when the hanger burned down? Those articles describing them years in
>> advance must have been lies.
>>

>LOL! You are still clinging to your lies about Maddow. WOW! She never
>said they were announced only when the hanger was burned down. She said
>that sometimes you only learn about things when there is a fire. I am still
>waiting for you to prove no one ever learned about something when it burned
>down.

That's a joke. You were supposed to type that below the next line.

>> Now jump through hoops explaining how Maddow wasn't lying or
>> ill-informed...
>
>I sometimes think English is a second language for you.

Says the person that calls me a liar for repeating a blatant
implication verbatim. Rachel found out about the blimps when the
hanger burned down and was implying it was kept secret and we only
found out about them after the fire.

If you defend this as anything but, you are being dishonest.

>>>Rush and his clones lie almost
>>>constantly.
>>
>> No one is perfect, but I notice that you people call anything you
>> don't want to hear a lie. Incidentally, I notice Franken has a lot of
>> guests on that lie. Franken's bit is that he'll feign disbelief for a
>> moment, then the guest will continue on his rant.
>>

>Nope, we call saying untruths a lie. Again, you speak very well for
>someone who learned English as a second language. hehe

A lie is a lie. If I hear a lie on the Al Franken show, I've heard a
lie on the Al Franken show. If Al stops the guest and says that it is
an outright lie, I don't blame him for disseminating incorrect
information. Otherwise I do. As you would if it were a guest on
Rush's show.

>> This gets the lie out there and somewhat clears Franken, although he
>> is promoting a lie on his show.
>>
>> Sounds REAL familiar to the explanation of how his signature ended up
>> on papers relating to the charity loan, no?

>>>By you.
>>
>> By the GOP. I suppose you take exception when someone lumps all
>> Democrats in with communists. Or maybe not. ;)
>>

>Yeah, the GOP doesn't want to admit that Cohen was a Republican, sure.

A Republican by Guam's government.

>>>Oh, perhaps you were complaining about Rush killing local hosts in many
>>>threads. Must've missed that. hehe
>>
>> Rush has been on in my market since I have been interested in talk
>> radio. Perhaps it's my personal view, but I haven't seen him swallow
>> original local programming. And you haven't seen me making the
>> association between AAR and local hosts in the past, but I anticipate
>> that it will be made in the future.
>>
>> I'm glad Rachel Maddow is gone. Jim Defede will take some getting
>> used to, but he talks about local issues.
>>

>Why did you listen to her in the first place if you dislike her so?

I don't know. Maybe morbid curiosity as to how someone with her
delivery and fear of callers could possibly have a morning show. She
was one of the worst on AAR.

I'm aware that decisions are made like that. Rush was dropped from
Monday Night Football for a comment he made that was arguably blown
out of proportion, it happens to both sides But unless you have
anything to the contrary showing that Miller was burning up the
ratings, I would have to use my experience of listening to her to
deduce that she didn't draw flies, let alone a crowd of listeners...

What lies? Oh yeah, that's the word liberals use when they've been
backed into a corner...

>>>You're moving?
>>>

>> If I did, it wouldn't be to NYC...
>> --
>> lab~rat >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 7, 2006, 4:28:34 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:08:09 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

I don't know, he never shows a lot of love towards them. That is,
when I hear him, which is seldom more than 15 minutes a week.

It's a bad argument to assume that I am a great big Rush supporter. I
get tired of listening to his show unless he's doing something funny
like a bit or playing clips making people look stupid. When he soap
boxes, I start daydreaming and sometimes switch off to something else.

>..
>.
>
>Well...
>
>Seriously, he claims to be an entertainer. Same with all political talk
>show hosts on both sides. Their purpose is to entertain while pushing
>their point of view and comment on the news.
>
>Why should AAR be different from WABC?
>
>The only difference is that AAR hosts try not to pull fake stuff out of
>their butts.

The REAL only difference is you are too new to listening to an opinion
you agree with to realize that they do just that...

DemzRock

Aug 7, 2006, 5:49:05 PM8/7/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

WOW! You don't remember me giving you the exact quote?

Once again, here is the exact quote: "sometimes you only
find out about stuff when it burns up spectacularly."

Can you deny that sometimes we find out about stuff when it burns up
spectacularly? Do you think we NEVER found out about stuff when it burned
up?

Do you even know what a lie is?

Don't be a neosheep!

hehe

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 2:42:27 AM8/8/06

Fuckhead, what would a right wing bastard like YOU know?

Not only do I listen to AAR, it was the reason I purchased XM
Satellite Radio.

Look at your qualifier, you require that I have to be in 100%
agreement..

It is pathetic little piles of right wing shit like Raton who need
to listen to something once in awhile.

Clearly, your problem with AAR is that it is not another propaganda
arm of the goddam Republican Party..

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 2:44:30 AM8/8/06

What explains that fresh semen dripping from your chin,
you stupid fucking little right wing cocksucker?

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 2:46:31 AM8/8/06
Wow, grasping at straws again, are we, Dookie?

What about all those OTHER predictions you fuckwits made?
Why is AAR even still around after 3 years? You and your butt
buddies were all insisting that it would be dead in 3 months.

Get back to sucking Limbaugh's ass boil, Loser.

No one needs YOU to listen to AAR.

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 2:47:34 AM8/8/06

We'll be prepared for you to continue to be a goddam little
pathetic right wing turd, Raton.

You suck shit.

Pookie

Aug 8, 2006, 4:38:22 AM8/8/06

"Cheeks" <_> wrote in message news:44d8333a$1...@nntp.zianet.com...

Without forging it, I defy you to find where I made such a prediction,
you lying sack of shit libloon...

> Get back to sucking Limbaugh's ass boil, Loser.
>
> No one needs YOU to listen to AAR.

They need every single listener they can get...you listening on 4 radios at
once isn't even helping much...

http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/1826/1497966318879775179_rs.jpg

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 8, 2006, 1:43:00 PM8/8/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:42:27 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

Are you new here or just dense? I've made it clear what my issues are
with AAR. I have gone into great detail about each and every host my
local station carries, and even the ones they stopped carrying due to
poor ratings.

You haven't said SHIT, so don't be judging me.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 8, 2006, 1:43:47 PM8/8/06
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:49:05 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

What was the implication of this sentence? See if you can be honest.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 8, 2006, 1:45:04 PM8/8/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:44:30 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

You are contributing exactly what the right wing wants you to
contribute to political discourse. Your hate and intolerance is a
beautiful recruiting tool...

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 8, 2006, 1:45:53 PM8/8/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:47:34 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

And you worship the ground I walk on. Welcome to the fan club...

DemzRock

Aug 8, 2006, 7:35:12 PM8/8/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

It implies that sometimes you only find out about stuff when it burns up
spectacularly.

LOL!

Really, if all ya got is the possibility that she may have been implying
that she personally found out about the event from the fire, but really knew
about the blimps from other sources, that doesn't help your case. If that's
the best you can do, it backs me up.

A real lie would be if she faked the news about the event not how she came
to know about the event.

Sheesh!

DemzRock

Aug 8, 2006, 7:36:58 PM8/8/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

Maybe Cheeks is a right winger trying to make liberals look bad. Or maybe
it's lab~rat himself using his buddy's account.

DemzRock

Aug 8, 2006, 7:37:15 PM8/8/06

"lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote in message

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 8:38:10 PM8/8/06

Naw, shit, Raton, I've been here for sometime, long
enough to see just what a miserable cowardly little
pile of right wing shit you truly.

You're EASY to judge another goddam hyperstupid
Limbecile and right wing cocksucker. We need to cut
your tiny scrotum off and feed you your miniature testicles,
you fucking wimp.

Cheeks

Aug 8, 2006, 8:39:59 PM8/8/06

Glad to help you sorry sons of bitches out, Raton.

You're SUCH a little asshole, we need to help you out somehow..

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 9, 2006, 9:37:25 AM8/9/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:38:10 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked:

I use my own mind to think and draw conclusions. You are closed
minded and think that anyone that disagrees with you loves Rush
Limbaugh.

You are an idiot.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 9, 2006, 9:39:43 AM8/9/06
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:35:12 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

She was uninformed about the blimps and stupidly tried to claim that
it was a secret project that the world only found out about after they
burned up spectacularly.

That is my last word on the subject. Any further debate from you to
try to imply something otherwise will only serve to make you look
stupid, so now would be a good time to stop.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 9, 2006, 9:41:05 AM8/9/06
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:36:58 -0400, "DemzRock" <Demz...@rock.com>
puked:

In any event, he makes liberals look bad. He's the kind of person, on
either side of the aisle, that shuts down the exchange of ideas
because he's an abrasive idiot.

lab~rat >:-)

Aug 9, 2006, 9:42:34 AM8/9/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:39:59 -0600, Cheeks <_> puked: