douchebag vs. scumbag

Joe Mama

Feb 3, 2001, 12:54:14 PM2/3/01
John the Stutterer kept calling Ralph a douchebag (Yyyyyyou dddddouchebag!).
I wondered why he didn't call Ralph a scumbag. I always thought a douchebag
was a bladder filled with clean water or some other sanitary solution.
Scumbag, on the other hand, has always reminded me of a used condom, and
therefore, a far more insulting remark. Howard has always promoted the use
of douchebag as an insult. Recall the "Douchebag says what?" bit. Perhaps
that's the explanation. I don't know which insult would be considered the
most popular catch phrase with the general public or even if either could be
classified as such.

--
schu...@rochester.rr.com

> Chicago Tribune
> February 2, 2001
>
> WHASSUP WITH CATCH PHRASES?
> AT END OF THE DAY, MOST NOT GOOD TO GO
>
> By Marja Mills and Julia Keller
> Tribune Staff Writers

http://chicagotribune.com/leisure/tempo/printedition/article/0,2669,SAV-0102
020015,FF.html

Plum...@webtv.net

Feb 4, 2001, 8:30:01 PM2/4/01
In article <aBXe6.30734$o91.3...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,
> Is this the guy with glasses that calls EVERYONE a douchebag? He e-e-e-even called Steven Tyler a douchebag & luvs to tell Jackie to shut up.

He's an ungrateful ingrate. If he's the same derelict I think he is..... he
won a "date" with Annie on the E! show.

~Chrissy~

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/