Plan of 221b Baker Street

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Peter Percival

unread,
Mar 11, 2016, 4:33:49 PM3/11/16
to
Is there a plan of 221b Baker Street somewhere on the internet? And if
not of the whole house, at least of Holmes and Watson's rooms?

colone...@yahoo.com

unread,
Mar 14, 2016, 1:27:14 AM3/14/16
to
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, Peter Percival wrote:

> Is there a plan of 221b Baker Street somewhere on the internet? And if not
> of the whole house, at least of Holmes and Watson's rooms?
>
>
There's a few at

http://www.google.com/search?q=plan+of+221b+Baker+Street

Peter Percival

unread,
Mar 15, 2016, 10:26:00 AM3/15/16
to
But which is right?

--
For centuries and centuries
And under President and King,
He's always told the proper lies
And always done the proper thing.
T.S. Eliot

Joe Pfeiffer

unread,
Mar 15, 2016, 10:58:46 AM3/15/16
to
Peter Percival <peterxp...@hotmail.com> writes:

> colone...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, Peter Percival wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a plan of 221b Baker Street somewhere on the internet? And
>>> if not of the whole house, at least of Holmes and Watson's rooms?
>>>
>>>
>> There's a few at
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=plan+of+221b+Baker+Street
>>
> But which is right?

It isn't described in enough detail to be able to determine which
proposed floorplan is the correct one.

Bert Coules

unread,
Mar 15, 2016, 5:32:43 PM3/15/16
to
Peter Percival wrote:

> But which is right?

All of them.

Peter Percival

unread,
Mar 16, 2016, 11:31:26 AM3/16/16
to
I beg to differ sir! In the last Holmes that I heard on the wireless
there was mention of a bay window. So assuming that the wireless
dramatization (I don't recall if it was one of yours!) kept closely to
the book, there should be a bay window in the plans.

Bert Coules

unread,
Mar 17, 2016, 9:06:01 PM3/17/16
to
Peter Percival wrote:

> I beg to differ sir! In the last Holmes that I heard on the wireless there
> was mention of a bay window. So assuming that the wireless dramatization
> (I don't recall if it was one of yours!) kept closely to the book...

Well observed. I don't remember if it was one of mine either, but those
rooms had a tendency to sprout features which were necessary for a
particular story but thereafter were never heard of again. Obviously, all
those plans were drawn up either before the Baker Street Speedy Building
Company had installed the bay window or after its sister company Dorset Mews
Demolition had taken it out again.

Bert

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages