What Happened To Petri Wine?

已查看 207 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Gutridge

未读,
2000年9月25日 03:00:002000/9/25
收件人
As a devoted listener of old time radio's "The New Adventures Of Sherlock
Holmes," I can't help but notice that the show's sponsor in 1945, Petri Wines,
has clearly gone out of business by the year 2000. Does anybody know when
Petri Wines (you'll pardon the phrase) bought the farm? I'm assuming it was
sometime in the 1960s, when the expansion of Gallo caused a lot of wineries to
go under.

Gutridge

Michael J. Lancaster

未读,
2000年9月27日 03:00:002000/9/27
收件人
Do not know the ending to Petri Wines, but I purchased a bottle (jug) in +/- 1980
in Houston. I was amazed to find that it still existed at that time, but like you
I had to try the wine that Watson would sample on the air. I'm glad it sponsored
the radio programs, but considering the quality of the wine itself, I am surprised
that it survived into the 80,s.

Michael

Mrsteed464

未读,
2000年10月2日 03:00:002000/10/2
收件人
> Does anybody know when
>Petri Wines (you'll pardon the phrase) bought the farm? I'm assuming it was

I bought Petri wines in the 1980's if I am not mistaken.. They were called
Marco petri and had a great Burgundy.... .
It may or may not be the same companies....
bill

0 个新帖子