The Beekeeper's Apprentice

rll_sb

Feb 7, 2015, 3:20:08 PM2/7/15
Has anyone read The Beekeeper's Apprentice? I would be interested in
hearing opinions on the book as Sherlock Holmes is a major character. I
started reading it as my wife has a copy for her book club.

Thanks,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Joe Pfeiffer

Feb 7, 2015, 9:04:16 PM2/7/15
"rll_sb" <rlomb...@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone read The Beekeeper's Apprentice? I would be interested in
> hearing opinions on the book as Sherlock Holmes is a major character.
> I started reading it as my wife has a copy for her book club.

I enjoyed it a lot. I felt it added nicely to the "real" Holmes
stories, and didn't do a lot of violence to the character.

Unfortunately, every succeeding book in the story became less a
detective story and more a feminist rant. I forget what the last one I
read was; I do suggest you don't read past the first or second.

gamers88

Feb 8, 2015, 1:43:55 PM2/8/15
An excellent first entry in the series. The problem, for me, is that
as the series progresses, Sherlock takes a decidetly back seat to his
"apprentice".