Moriarty Monologue

rll_sb

Oct 3, 2013, 11:40:35 PM10/3/13
This is one of my favorite monologues from "The Final Problem". ACD was
truly an extraordinary writer and one that few (if any) can match.

"incommoded, inconvenienced, hampered, danger of losing his liberty"

- Russ in SB

‘You crossed my path on the fourth of January,’ said he. ‘On
the twenty-third you incommoded me; by the middle of February
I was seriously inconvenienced by you; at the end of March I
was absolutely hampered in my plans; and now, at the close of
April, I find myself placed in such a position through your
continual persecution that I am in positive danger of losing my
liberty. The situation is becoming an impossible one.’

Joe Pfeiffer

Oct 4, 2013, 12:44:36 AM10/4/13
The funny thing is, after having read a lot of ACD's other writings...
he wasn't. Somehow he found a voice in his Holmes stories that just
doesn't turn up elsewhere. To my mind, the strongest argument that he
really was just Watson's literary agent is Brigadier Gerard... with
Professor Challenger not all that far behind.