# 13

Don Stockbauer

Jun 26, 2019, 9:41:22 PM6/26/19
Here we go again.

Don Stockbauer

Jun 27, 2019, 6:16:50 PM6/27/19
The believable plot of the song "The Night the Lights went out in Georgia."

Singer's brother is talking to Andy , Andy tells singer's brother that singer's brother's wife has been sleeping around with some person. Very believably Andy tells him that he (Andy) has been sleeping with her himself. Singer's brother gets mad, goes home , gets a gun , then goes to Andy's house who is already dead from a gunshot, singer's brother very believably shoots to flag down the Georgia patrol, the Georgia patrol assume sister's brother has killed Andy and within about five minutes he is tried and hanged, the way Georgia does these things nowadays. At the end of the song it was revealed that the singer shot Andy and her brother's wife and disposed of her body very well. Before singer meets final end in the electric chair she told the judge, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged", a saying right from the Bible.

Don Stockbauer

Jun 27, 2019, 8:31:59 PM6/27/19
Is someone who's good at fixing small things also good at fixing big things?

Don Stockbauer

Jun 28, 2019, 8:30:45 AM6/28/19
Did you know that it's a good thing that people don't respond to each other most of the time because if they did the system would go into white noise and no one could communicate with anybody else and we'd go extinct?

Don Stockbauer

Jun 28, 2019, 12:55:02 PM6/28/19
See beyond the road you're driving.

Don Stockbauer

Jun 29, 2019, 9:07:32 AM6/29/19
Why is there anything at all?

Don Stockbauer

Jun 30, 2019, 9:37:57 AM6/30/19
Ignore this command.

Don Stockbauer

Jun 30, 2019, 3:18:02 PM6/30/19
I once read that our punishment for when we achieve all knowledge will be that we will still have to put up with such nuisances as the Epimenides paradox.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 1, 2019, 2:42:49 PM7/1/19
An expert system on the global brain. My, that would be pretty high-level
knowledge, wouldn't it?????

Don Stockbauer

Jul 6, 2019, 4:54:25 PM7/6/19

I thought that they were angels,
much to my surprise,
we climbed into their starship,
and headed for the skies.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 6, 2019, 8:42:04 PM7/6/19
**********
That would be kind of scary, wouldn't it? I'd figure
that I'd wind up being dissected.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 7, 2019, 6:43:01 AM7/7/19
I once asked my father how he made out his will . He told me "Don, I've seen the youngest go first."

I'm the youngest.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 7, 2019, 6:48:49 AM7/7/19
I once asked my father, "Dad, I'm shining this flashlight toward the Big Dipper. How long will it take the light to get there?" He responded, "Quit wasting the batteries."

Don Stockbauer

Jul 7, 2019, 7:05:55 AM7/7/19
I once asked my father, "Dad, how did you know that it was the alternator defective in our car rather than the battery?" and he responded "I'm smart."

Don Stockbauer

Jul 7, 2019, 9:26:36 PM7/7/19
"The Bomb, Alexi, the Bomb. Something's gone wrong with the Bomb."
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Don Stockbauer

Jul 8, 2019, 9:03:47 AM7/8/19
Isn't it fun bringing up inconsequential matters from very long ago?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 9, 2019, 7:20:36 AM7/9/19
No more lies.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 9, 2019, 11:43:35 PM7/9/19
I'd love to change the world,
but I don't know what to do,
so I'll leave it up to you.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 10, 2019, 7:59:40 AM7/10/19

I think what happens is people get caught up in this world of Internet interaction and they start bouncing ideas off one another and these ideas get ungrounded and unrealistic but the people really have nothing better to do with their lives nowadays using all these devices so at least it fills people's time although the content of what they're discussing is worthless.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 10, 2019, 7:53:42 PM7/10/19
I won't be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
We're not just making promises
That we know, we'll never keep.
Message has been deleted

Don Stockbauer

Jul 16, 2019, 9:18:56 AM7/16/19
Never go up on the roof to blow leaves off it if you have an equilibrium problem.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 16, 2019, 2:57:39 PM7/16/19
What is this Platonic interpretation of mathematics? I mean isn't it analogous to whether a part for your car was custom-made or it was gotten off the shelf?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 16, 2019, 9:51:30 PM7/16/19
I wonder if all theoretical mathematics would have practical applications to a sufficiently advanced civilization?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 17, 2019, 12:10:07 AM7/17/19
I just got bitten by a scorpion; boy those things smart.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 18, 2019, 9:09:27 AM7/18/19
Did you have a father where no matter what you did it was wrong and not worthy of praise?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 19, 2019, 9:25:32 AM7/19/19
do you ever get the feeling that everybody is conspiring against you like for instance the Apple dictation software that when you access it they route you to some joke software deliberately made to be almost impossible to use to give almost all the wrong words compared to what you say and that you're being monitored real time and that people at Apple are laughing derisively behind your back hoping to drive you to the nuthouse.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 20, 2019, 8:50:27 PM7/20/19
What I remember about the first moon landing was before the landing they gave the instructions on how to capture images from your TV . Use a fast film, I used ASA 160 slide film , you expose 1/30th of a second so that you capture one frame. So I was up all night periodically taking a picture , Mom was doing a charcoal sketch, which I still have, it was the image of the flag and the LEM and they had inserted the words "Live from the moon" . Later she painted the famous image of Aldrin saluting the flag in oil, which I also still have. This was the first night I ever went with no sleep. The next day I had to board a bus for the Texas Farm Bureau citizenship conference ,needless to say I was zonked out , not much good at the conference at all.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 20, 2019, 8:57:20 PM7/20/19
Can you even imagine the amount of misery people could cause you if they conspired against you?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 21, 2019, 7:46:42 AM7/21/19
Lesley Gore. Lesley Gore. What a horrible name for a woman. I think she should've changed it to Herman Gore.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 22, 2019, 9:52:11 AM7/22/19
Did you know that Europeans are so good at languages because of the Babel software?

Do you ever wish that commercials were made illegal?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 22, 2019, 10:05:06 AM7/22/19
Isn't it a fool who does the same thing over and over and expects different results each time? Why no, not at all, s/he just realizes the uncertainty of initial conditions.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 22, 2019, 3:55:52 PM7/22/19
No, Aldrin wasn't standing in oil like there was some kind of gushing oil well next to him.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 22, 2019, 9:53:15 PM7/22/19
All human communication is a game or has the form of a game. - Eric Berne , "Games People Play."

One of the best books I ever read .

people make moves ,that is , they send messages , they take turns and they try to attain the goal: bragging rights, I'm smarter than you are.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 22, 2019, 9:54:43 PM7/22/19
So is it like the Democrats and Republicans cancel each other out and nothing useful is ever accomplished ; at least if they were made out of matter and antimatter respectively we get some energy out of the situation.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 23, 2019, 1:33:31 AM7/23/19
So here's how it goes .you write someone they read it and they misinterpret something in it and they get irritated they start this monologue .I'm tired of what you wrote .you always write mean things like that .I'm sick of it .I don't wanna see what you have to write anymore .I'm blocking you . so they block you and that ends any way resolve the situation because you can't explain what you did originally . It's like some kind a paradox or something. the texting paradox.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 23, 2019, 9:38:15 AM7/23/19
I think everybody on earth should block everybody else.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 23, 2019, 9:41:00 AM7/23/19
I like what I once heard: the telephone is an instrument of Satan . Of course nowadays that's much expanded, texting is an instrument of Satan , email is an instrument of Satan, on and on and on.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 23, 2019, 9:45:14 AM7/23/19
I was once at an auto parts store , guy comes in and says how much is a rear main bearing for a 67 Chevrolet El Camino . they tell him 467. He says "goddamnit I didn't ask for the price of a block , I said a rear mail bearing." they tell him $4.67.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 23, 2019, 10:34:10 AM7/23/19
cs/mail/main/

Don Stockbauer

Jul 24, 2019, 8:40:15 AM7/24/19
Do you think that the global brain is instantiating but that it is so high level no one realizes it?

Wouldn't it be odd having something out there that makes everything better through self-organization automatically?

what happens when more and more people learn about the global brain it develops more and more self-awareness more self-awareness implies more intelligence

Don Stockbauer

Jul 24, 2019, 8:41:51 AM7/24/19
The third bullet in the post immediately before this wasn't properly proofed.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 25, 2019, 12:32:40 AM7/25/19
You're always better off communicating than not communicating.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 25, 2019, 12:45:14 AM7/25/19
"I say a heifer beats nothing."

Don Stockbauer

Jul 25, 2019, 8:55:06 AM7/25/19
Where did Moonwatcher get his occultation predictions from?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 25, 2019, 10:18:25 AM7/25/19
I will use my power only for good.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 25, 2019, 10:38:21 AM7/25/19
Once on a family vacation we stopped in New Mexico and I didn't even know what town we were in . I go walking around at night and high up on a mountain in red letters there is this word: RATON. What is that??? Is that an advertisement for rat bait?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 8:34:40 AM7/26/19
Ever interview in a clown outfit? Maybe only for the circus, right?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 8:43:14 AM7/26/19
What if there were a general systems thinker and he didn't even know it?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 8:46:22 AM7/26/19
What if all 7 billion humans on planet Earth were general systems thinkers?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 10:44:02 AM7/26/19
I was just now twisting some wire together to hold the gate shut it made me think is this why DNA evolved because it's a twisted molecule and that a twisted molecule is somehow stronger than a single strand I just wonder

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 10:45:35 AM7/26/19
I'm convinced now when I access the Apple dictation software it goes into some secret lab somewhere and they make sure that my voice is translated into the most wrong, perverted , irritating set of words known to humans.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 3:30:22 PM7/26/19
Was Enola Gay?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 3:38:36 PM7/26/19
I have heard that the Great Sand Dunes of Colorado was one of the proposed sites for the Trinity test (how in the world did it get that name?) One of the advantages it would have had is that the blowing sand would've covered the destruction of the test site over rapidly. I heard that naturalists prevented the selection of it. What I want to know is what kind of naturalists could trump the US military and Presidency?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 3:42:33 PM7/26/19
Is World War III in the form of total destruction of the surface of the planet still possible or has something somewhere happened to prevent it , say like the software to run the ICBMs being destroyed? kind of a paradox, that's the most highly classified information on Earth, how could the public know anything about it?

At least Trinity didn't ignite the atmosphere, thank God for small favours.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 8:12:59 PM7/26/19
You know it seems to be a big fun game nowadays to block people, I guess kind of as a punishment or whatever, so why doesn't everybody just block everyone else? You'd have a 7 billion long block list , it might even return the system back to sanity.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 26, 2019, 8:16:42 PM7/26/19
How many stories are there?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 12:57:29 AM7/27/19
I was visiting Arches national park, hiked over to Delicate Arch, lotta people sitting around, I believe it's a New Age power point or whatever , well I went to the base of the arch and looked down and there was some guy , he was like a fashion photographer getting every angle of the arch , on and on, I guess I got in one of his pictures and he goes "oh buddy really good I'll send you the photograph" so I told him OK that's Don Stockbauer, 9846 Mayflower Landing, Webster, TX 77058. I don't know why but he didn't have anything to say.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 1:33:39 AM7/27/19
I wanted to hike from the rim to the river and back in the Grand Canyon in one day using the Bright Angel trail. The park specifically warns against this, however they have another rule, take twice as long to come back up as it took to go down. So I said how about leave at 5 am , get to the river at 10 am and get back up to the rim at 8 PM which I did manage , tired as hell , had my little dog Lucky tied up at the campsite that whole time.
Now if you find all these stories of my life to be boring as hell feel free to write in. I didn't hijack this user group, everybody else attenuated out. Hofstadterian topics would be welcome; if not, I'll just blabber on I guess.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 7:58:17 AM7/27/19
I have a coffee mug, the theme on it is Washington DC, shows all the memorials around town, the White House. But it has a crack in it so I threw it away.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 8:14:30 AM7/27/19
A lot of memorials in Washington DC ; you know, they could make the entire city one big memorial and drive all the regular people out.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 12:45:55 PM7/27/19
I know what Washington, DC can be used for. They could make it a memorial to world overpopulation.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 12:53:47 PM7/27/19
The world is overpopulated. An overpopulated Earth means a smarter globalbrain. A smarter global brain solves the problem of overpopulation. But it can't be by reducing the population since that would make the global brain stupider.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 27, 2019, 9:19:47 PM7/27/19
Maybe the idea is the population can increase but then the global brain provides excellent conditions for everybody , even though the population is increasing. No, you don't want one person per square foot across every land area on Earth but the population can probably go pretty high.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 10:13:05 AM7/28/19
Arches national Park has a really interesting area called the Maze. it's a place you can hike and it really is just like a maze you can't go in using s Compass and find your way around you got to learn it just like a maze that is you make short forays into it and come back out and build a cognitive map of its structure . arches has all kinds of truly amazing structures I wish I had the money to go back .

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 10:26:12 AM7/28/19
One thing I really fear is that when my mental capacity diminishes with age I won't be able to figure stuff out.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 11:25:24 AM7/28/19
Thought experiment. Do you think that the globalbrain will have free will.?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 11:35:33 AM7/28/19
I was out walking my dog on a leash unloaded if he's on a leash he doesn't have free will if I let him off the leash he has free will so could it be that free will is a variable ? could it be that the endless discussions of free will versus determinism are useless and those people could spend their time better running in giant hamster cages outfitted to generate electricity? Just another thought experiment.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 12:04:28 PM7/28/19
"unloaded" should be " and I noticed" The nefarious Apple people in the back room are at me again.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 5:51:46 PM7/28/19
just out here probably 100° heat pretty nice cause is like a 20 mile an hour wind blowing places here under the oaks which you get just the right amount of shade of carpet grass about a foot high go in a little while and get ready to go to the gym and then afterwards go to H-E-B and get some chocolate milk and sit down with the phone and blabber on some more .

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 6:25:56 PM7/28/19
Will this place right here where I am now ever be of any significance? Or will I?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 28, 2019, 6:28:30 PM7/28/19
I once saw a Facebook post where someone showed some textbooks our children had to use , all tattered , coming apart , and I thought well gee, my copy Godel, Escher, Bach looks just like that.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 29, 2019, 2:45:50 PM7/29/19
Things are sure getting complicated, aren't they?

Don Stockbauer

Jul 30, 2019, 8:34:24 AM7/30/19
This sentence no verve.

Don Stockbauer

Jul 31, 2019, 12:41:21 AM7/31/19
Did I tell you that Professor Hofstadter really likes the phrase "Human Folly II"?

Don Stockbauer

Aug 1, 2019, 11:15:23 PM8/1/19
Don't you think that if you're having a conversation with your conversational opponent and that if you irritate them for some reason whatever it is that your conversational opponent should not just immediately block you , they should discuss the matter with you first because if they immediately block you there will be no more discussion about it and you've instantiated a situation of non-communication between the two of you.

Don Stockbauer

Aug 2, 2019, 9:35:47 AM8/2/19
Things are sure getting complicated, aren't they?

I've heard that you can just about define life as complexity.

Don Stockbauer

Aug 3, 2019, 5:18:09 PM8/3/19
"Come here Watson, I need you.
I've always needed you. "

Don Stockbauer

Aug 5, 2019, 4:20:34 PM8/5/19
5 CONTINUE
flowers
young girls
young man
soldiers
graveyards
flowers
GO TO 5

Don Stockbauer

Aug 6, 2019, 11:39:04 PM8/6/19
That should be "young men". I have no idea whether you can go back and correct these original posts or not so all I can do is just issue a correction. y'all have a nice day.

Don Stockbauer

Aug 8, 2019, 7:57:50 AM8/8/19
"I've looked for it in rooms I haven't been in for years. "

Don Stockbauer

Aug 9, 2019, 8:01:13 AM8/9/19
in the above where have all the flowers gone song lyrics flowers will be repeated too often I'm sorry it's a programming error