Quote by Robert A. Heinlein: “What did I want?

a425couple

Jul 6, 2021, 1:22:19 PMJul 6
“What did I want?
I wanted a Roc's egg. I wanted a harem loaded with lovely
odalisques less than the dust beneath my chariot wheels,
the rust that never stained my sword,. I wanted raw red gold
in nuggets the size of your fist and feed that lousy claim jumper
to the huskies! I wanted to get u feeling brisk and go out and
break some lances, then pick a like wench for my droit du seigneur-
-I wanted to stand up to the Baron and dare him to touch my wench!
I wanted to hear the purple water chuckling against the skin of
the Nancy Lee in the cool of the morning watch and not another sound,
nor any movement save the slow tilting of the wings of the albatross
that had been pacing us the last thousand miles.

I wanted the hurtling moons of Barsoom. I wanted Storisende and
Poictesme, and Holmes shaking me awake to tell me, "The game's afoot!"
I wanted to float down the Mississippi on a raft and elude a mob in
company with the Duke of Bilgewater and the Lost Dauphin.

I wanted Prestor John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of
a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of
Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon.
I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known
as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was
going to be--instead of the tawdry, lousy, fouled-up mess it is.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Glory Road

I wanted the hurtling moons of Barsoom. I wanted Storisende
and Poictesme, and Holmes shaking me awake to tell me,
"The game's afoot!" I wanted to float down the Mississippi
on a raft and elude a mob in company with the Duke of Bilgewater
and the Lost Dauphin.

Quote by Robert A. Heinlein: “What did I want? I wanted a ...