Quote of the Day The late Dr. Adrian Rogers "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom

10 views
Skip to first unread message

a425couple

unread,
Jul 31, 2021, 5:15:34 PMJul 31
to
from
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/144359-quote-of-the-day-the-late-dr-adrian-rogers-1931-2005


Adrian Rogers > Quotes > Quotable Quote
“Quote of the Day The late Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931-2005) offered
the following observation several years ago and it bears poignant
significance today:

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the
rich out of freedom. What one person receives without working for,
another person must work for without receiving. The government
cannot give to anybody anything the government does not first take
from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that
they do not have to work because the other half is going to take
care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does
no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they
work for, that my dear friend is about the end of any nation.
You cannot multiply the wealth by dividing it.”

― Adrian Rogers

Baxter

unread,
Jul 31, 2021, 11:17:50 PMJul 31
to
a425couple <a425c...@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:se4eg...@news4.newsguy.com:

> from
> https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/144359-quote-of-the-day-the-late-dr-ad
This is nothing but Bullshit propaganda, justifying economic slavery.
The poor are not lazy - they are working 2 and 3 jobs. Half of the
homeless are employed - they are just not making enough to afford
housing. Meanwhile, the rich throw away millions for a joyride into
space.

max headroom

unread,
Aug 1, 2021, 1:43:40 AMAug 1
to
In news:se53or$17it$1...@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> typed:

> a425couple <a425c...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:se4eg...@news4.newsguy.com:

>> from
>> https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/144359-quote-of-the-day-the-late-dr-adrian-rogers-1931-2005

>> Adrian Rogers > Quotes > Quotable Quote
>> "Quote of the Day The late Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931-2005) offered
>> the following observation several years ago and it bears poignant
>> significance today:

>> You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the
>> rich out of freedom. What one person receives without working for,
>> another person must work for without receiving. The government
>> cannot give to anybody anything the government does not first take
>> from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that
>> they do not have to work because the other half is going to take
>> care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does
>> no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they
>> work for, that my dear friend is about the end of any nation.
>> You cannot multiply the wealth by dividing it."

>> -- Adrian Rogers

> This is nothing but Bullshit propaganda, justifying economic slavery....

No, it's the obvious truth, and all of your pouting and whining can't change it.


Baxter

unread,
Aug 1, 2021, 11:27:25 AMAug 1
to
"max headroom" <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in
news:se5caa$sgj$1...@dont-email.me:
It's article of Faith with wrongtards that the poor are just lazy -- and
the rich are hard working and industrious. Actual facts will not change
their minds.

max headroom

unread,
Aug 1, 2021, 2:54:45 PMAug 1
to
In news:se6egr$1g88$2...@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> typed:
> It's article of Faith with wrongtards ...

What do you know of faith, Leroy? You're wrong about so many things. Do you actually believe in
anything other than the infallibility of Saul Alinsky?


Al Czervik

unread,
Aug 1, 2021, 8:21:26 PMAug 1
to
On 7/31/2021 8:17 PM, Baxter wrote:
> a425couple <a425c...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:se4eg...@news4.newsguy.com:
>
>> from
>> https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/144359-quote-of-the-day-the-late-dr-ad
>> rian-rogers-1931-2005
>>
>>
>> Adrian Rogers > Quotes > Quotable Quote
>> “Quote of the Day The late Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931-2005) offered
>> the following observation several years ago and it bears poignant
>> significance today:
>>
>> You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the
>> rich out of freedom. What one person receives without working for,
>> another person must work for without receiving. The government
>> cannot give to anybody anything the government does not first take
>> from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that
>> they do not have to work because the other half is going to take
>> care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does
>> no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they
>> work for, that my dear friend is about the end of any nation.
>> You cannot multiply the wealth by dividing it.”
>>
>> ― Adrian Rogers
>>
>
> This is nothing but Bullshit propaganda, justifying economic slavery.

Says the slum lord.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages