Re: Movie review: Starship Troopers sequel plus Heinlein and religion

Lynn McGuire

Jul 20, 2021, 10:46:35 PM7/20/21
On 7/20/2021 7:29 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:17:53 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>> <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>>> Correction for you here - IMDB says Jolene Blalock
>>> is playing Captain Lola Beck.
>>
>> With regard to Heinlein's attitude toward religion:
>> <https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/125769-history-does-not-record-anywhere-at-any-time-a-religion>
>>
>> ?"History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any
>> rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to
>> stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people
>> do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive
>> considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.?"
>
> And I believe Jubal Harshaw noted that any religion looks silly from the outside
> in SiaSL.

I would not state that a character in a book by Heinlein would promote
the personal beliefs of Heinlein.

Lynn

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 21, 2021, 12:25:28 AM7/21/21
True of almost all authors.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.