How A Realistic Mars Mission Will Play Out

a425couple

Feb 2, 2023, 2:06:16 PM2/2/23
View the youtube at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujL0xrQ2Os

How A Realistic Mars Mission Will Play Out

Fraser Cain
364K subscribers
Subscribe
1.3K
Share
Download
28,014 views Feb 1, 2023

How will a human Mars mission play out? Where exactly should it go? What
unexpected challenges will we face? We're discussing all these aspects
with Rick Davis. He is the Assistant Director for Science and
Exploration, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate.

🐦 Rick Davis on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redplanetrick

👉 NASA Blog Article on choosing the landing site on Mars:
https://blogs.nasa.gov/redplanetdispa...

🦄 Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/universetoday

00:00:00 Intro
00:01:29 Training for Mars on Earth
00:07:11 Choosing a landing site
00:20:37 Unexpected challenges of Mars
00:52:38 Planetary protection
00:56:51 Exploring lava tubes
00:59:49 What's next?
01:09:24 Outro

📰 EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Read by 60,000 people every Friday. Written by Fraser. No ads.
Subscribe Free: https://universetoday.com/newsletter

🎧 PODCASTS
Universe Today: https://universetoday.fireside.fm/
Weekly Space Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-K...
Astronomy Cast: http://www.astronomycast.com/

🤳 OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fcain
Twitter: https://twitter.com/universetoday
Facebook: https://facebook.com/universetoday
Instagram: https://instagram.com/universetoday

📩 CONTACT FRASER
frase...@gmail.com

⚖️ LICENSE
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

You are free to use my work for any purpose you like, just mention me as
the source and link back to this video.