Re: Alley 5 October: Love you too, Doc!

1 view

Lynn McGuire

Oct 6, 2021, 2:12:07 PM10/6/21
On 10/6/2021 10:29 AM, pete...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 12:29:15 AM UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 10:23:43 PM UTC-6, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>>> https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2021/10/05
>>>
>>> You're too kind, Wonmug.
>> But they don't need any! As principal characters of a comic strip (with
>> the possible exception of Gasoline Alley), they are already immortal!
>
> AO started in 1932, and he first appears as an adult, so he's over 100.
>
> However, if the rest of the people of Moo are now immortal, that introduces
> a problem: Where are they in later time periods within the strip?
>
> pt

Do immortals track their age and birthdays ? Lazarus Long had trouble
figuring out how old he was when he approached 200 in Robert Heinlein's
documentary "Methuselah's Children".

Lynn

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Oct 6, 2021, 6:36:00 PM10/6/21
In article <sjkotm$j3d$3...@dont-email.me>,
And just wait till you go through another epoch like BC/AD or Year of the City
or whatever. "Um I was born in.. how do you convert that now..?"
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..