Continuity error in "The Year of the Horse" #259

E 55 AMG

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
I recently saw the 2-part "The Year of the Horse" (#259) and found a small
continuity error in the beginning of the second part. In a scene that takes
place in Singapore (in fact, most of the 2 hours takle place there) Victoria
Principal gets into a car (a white Mercedes sedan) driven by her estranged
husband, and a cop radios McGarrett with the description of the car and its
license plate, SG1947A. By the time the Mercedes sedan arrives at its
destination, it is clearly another white Mercedes sedan model, and even the
license plate is different! It is now S_2662P (the "_" stands for a letter that
cannot be read).

Have other contributors to this NG found other interesting continuity errors?

Bets regards to all,

Danny Stahl

Mr. Mike

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
On 23 Nov 1998 03:06:08 GMT, e55...@aol.com (E 55 AMG) wrote:

>Victoria
>Principal gets into a car (a white Mercedes sedan) driven by her estranged
>husband, and a cop radios McGarrett with the description of the car and its
>license plate, SG1947A. By the time the Mercedes sedan arrives at its
>destination, it is clearly another white Mercedes sedan model, and even the
>license plate is different! It is now S_2662P (the "_" stands for a letter that
>cannot be read).

In another scene, Dolores tails McGarrett to a location, despite the fact that
her cab is over three and a half minutes behind him.

>Have other contributors to this NG found other interesting continuity errors?

The various Five-O WWW sites are full of them. ";-/

Visit the Hawaii Five-O Home Page -- http://www.mjq.net/fiveo

Anonymous

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
At the risk of being labeled "off topic"--a Schwarzenegger film had a
Porsche that gets nuked. There is a scene where the car bumps into
something damaging its left rear fender--the wound clearly seen. Later on
in the chase--a clear shot of that fender--miraculously it's nice and neat.
Sorry to offend!!
Book 'im, Dano!
Just once, I wanted Dano to say, "Hey, bro', book 'im yourself, white
trash!" Never happened!!
In article <19981122220608...@ng111.aol.com>, e55...@aol.com (E
55 AMG) wrote:

> I recently saw the 2-part "The Year of the Horse" (#259) and found a small
> continuity error in the beginning of the second part. In a scene that takes

> place in Singapore (in fact, most of the 2 hours takle place there) Victoria

> Principal gets into a car (a white Mercedes sedan) driven by her estranged
> husband, and a cop radios McGarrett with the description of the car and its
> license plate, SG1947A. By the time the Mercedes sedan arrives at its
> destination, it is clearly another white Mercedes sedan model, and even the
> license plate is different! It is now S_2662P (the "_" stands for a
letter that
> cannot be read).
>

> Have other contributors to this NG found other interesting continuity errors?

Anonymous

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
Anbody home, there in Honolulu?
That was the old Hawaiian capitol building (some Hawaiian name I cannot
pronounce-palace) they used as an exterior shot where McGarrett had his
office, was it not? The camera always zoomed up to a specific window, as I
recall.
The pictures I have seen of the new capitol building looks like someone
slipped something potent into Frank Lloyd Wright's coffee one day while it
was being designed. Pretty nifty!!
Did Hawaii police ever have a nice black Merc like McGarrett did?
Seems doubtful!!
I knew someone in college as an undergrad who got a brief walk-on part in
HF-O before she transferred to my school. THIS CLOSE!! I cannot cite an
episode!!
In article <1998112400...@replay.com>, Anonymous

Anonymous

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
Woody Harrelson was had a bit part on HF-O for the very last episode. On
some other show he recounted how he messed up the character McGarrett´s
name. Jack Lord was less than pleased. The other actors playing Dano and
others were snickering which made it even worse. It was the last scene of
the last episode, everyone wanted to go home or go on to their next gig.
By the way, whatever happened to Jack Lord? Dead? Retired? Living on his
own island in splendid retirement? I know Don Ho gives concerts there at a
hotel just off Waikiki, according to National Public Radio. When I visited
Williamsburg,VA, and the restored village center there was a short film
where he played a major character--a colonial walking around town and
William and Mary College, dressed up in colonial garb. HF-O fans may have
done a double take or two. This was in 1970.
Happy Aloha Thanksgiving. How do they celebrate the holiday in Hawaii?
In article <27263-36...@newsd-143.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
ga...@webtv.net (Gary & Dorothy Longfellow) wrote:

> We wish you all a very, very HAPPY 5-O
> THANKSGIVING.
>

> Thank you for being you,
> Gary and Dorothy Longfellow <l:-) (-:§
> INDEX TO OUR WEBSITES:
> http://members.tripod.com/~dorothyv/info.html

Mr. Mike

Nov 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/26/98
On 25 Nov 1998 21:11:54 +0100, Anonymous <nob...@replay.com> wrote:

>Woody Harrelson was had a bit part on HF-O for the very last episode. On

>some other show he recounted how he messed up the character McGarrett愀

>name. Jack Lord was less than pleased.

Unless this was a non-speaking part, this is not true.

>The other actors playing Dano and
>others were snickering which made it even worse.

James MacArthur, who played Dan Williams, was not in the last show. His last
episode was the last show of the previous (11th) season.

> It was the last scene of
>the last episode, everyone wanted to go home or go on to their next gig.
>By the way, whatever happened to Jack Lord? Dead? Retired?

See http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/searching.htm

Anonymous

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Gadzooks, does this mean, could it possibly, that Woody would lie!?!?!?
In article <365ca2f2...@news.paralynx.com>, a02...@giant.mindlink.net