HBO Refuses To Cave To Woke Mob, Backs J.K. Rowling As Executive Producer On "Harry Potter" TV Series

Ubiquitous

Apr 16, 2023, 1:07:34 PM4/16/23
HBO voiced its support for author J.K. Rowling being an executive
producer on the upcoming “Harry Potter” TV series amid numerous attacks
against her by trans activists.

During the Max streaming event, officials confirmed that a TV series
based off the seven-book series from Rowling will move forward, the
Hollywood Reporter reported.

Officials said the long-form series will be rolled out over a 10-year
period and be faithful to the book series, with Rowling as one of its
producers.

The series, featuring a new cast, promises to be "authentic
to the original books", which will see author JK Rowling serve
as an executive producer https://t.co/Y9BME9BTyV

— Sky News (@SkyNews) April 13, 2023

“J.K. is an executive producer, and her insights will be helpful,”
Casey Bloys, chairman and CEO, HBO and Max Content said. “We are in the
Harry Potter business.”

“The TV show is new and exciting, but we’ve been in the Harry Potter
business for 20 years; this isn’t a new decision,” Bloys added. “We’re
comfortable being in the Potter business. ”

“J.K. is a very online conversation … It’s very nuanced and complicated
and not something we’re going to get into,” the CEO continued. “Our
priority is what’s onscreen. The Harry Potter story is incredibly
affirmative and positive about love and acceptance, and that’s our
priority, what’s on the screen.”

The “Harry Potter” author also released a statement that read, “Max’s
commitment to preserving the integrity of my books is important to me,
and I’m looking forward to being part of this new adaptation which will
allow for a degree of depth and detail only afforded by a long-form
television series.”

Following confirmation of Rowling’s involvement, social media users
reacted, with many blasting the move.

Reporter Sean T. Collins wrote, “If you interview an actor or filmmaker
or executive involved with the Harry Potter tv show and don’t lead with
a question about JK Rowling leading a hate group you’re done, over, out
of the art club.”

Vulture critic Kathryn VanArendonk wrote, “This faithful adaptation of
harry potter, announced with absolutely bulls*** craven disdain for
Rowling’s political impact, is bad.”

Out Magazine tweeted: “We don’t want any new Harry Potter content if
noted transphobe J.K. Rowling is involved…”

Rowling has been the target of transgender activists because of her
numerous comments in defense of biological women, as previously
reported.

--
Let's go Brandon!