S how is he?

thangus ornerythinkus

Jul 22, 2011, 5:12:23 AM7/22/11
I'm fond of the old curmudgeon and old enough to care. I remember
when he was bullied by Frank Sinatra (according to the story at least)
and gave plenty as good as he got (and didn't get bashed for his
trouble). I remember as a 15 year old reading both Dangerous Visions
which really switched me on to the then young alternative SF&F writers
(and probably helped to switch me on to drugs as well).

I fucking hope he ain't dying actually.

So how's about some info instead of blather and bullshit?

thang

Captain Infinity

Jul 22, 2011, 6:35:38 AM7/22/11
Once Upon A Time,
thangus ornerythinkus wrote:

How's about you go to his web site and ask him directly?

**
Captain Infinity

thangus ornerythinkus

Jul 22, 2011, 6:43:56 AM7/22/11

And how might I fashion that? IE protocols (he ^is^ a curmudgeon),
web address, and so on.

you, sir, are a prevaricator, a dissembler...

thang

Captain Infinity

Jul 22, 2011, 7:25:32 PM7/22/11
Once Upon A Time,
thangus ornerythinkus wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 06:35:38 -0400, Captain Infinity
><Infi...@captaininfinity.us> wrote:
>
>>Once Upon A Time,
>>thangus ornerythinkus wrote:
>>
>>>I'm fond of the old curmudgeon and old enough to care. I remember
>>>when he was bullied by Frank Sinatra (according to the story at least)
>>>and gave plenty as good as he got (and didn't get bashed for his
>>>trouble). I remember as a 15 year old reading both Dangerous Visions
>>>which really switched me on to the then young alternative SF&F writers
>>>(and probably helped to switch me on to drugs as well).
>>>
>>>I fucking hope he ain't dying actually.
>>>
>>>So how's about some info instead of blather and bullshit?
>>
>>How's about you go to his web site and ask him directly?
>

>And how might I fashion that? IE protocols (he ^is^ a curmudgeon),
>web address, and so on.

Hmmmm. Good question. I'm not really sure. If only there were some kind
of "internet search" program in which you could plug the phrase "Harlan
Ellison's website" and it would show you the address right at the top of
the page. But alas, no such thing exists yet.

>you, sir, are a prevaricator, a dissembler...

Any you, you nitwit, are a nitwit.

**
Captain Infinity

thangus ornerythinkus

Jul 24, 2011, 10:31:18 PM7/24/11
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:25:32 -0400, Captain Infinity
<Infi...@captaininfinity.us> wrote:

And you, sport, talk shit. Captain infinity...I guess you are trying
to be clever - it may impress the old bastard. Regardless of his
stupid acolytes (such as you), and their (your) mindless affectations,
I still have a lot of fondness for the old bugger.

thang