Shadowville Speedway / Ping Ellison, Hooker & Kerouac

Will Dockery

Apr 12, 2012, 1:29:58 PM4/12/12
On Apr 12, 9:08 am, Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gimme yer adrest agin, puleese. Ah gots jus Duh Book fer a DUMBASS
> HICK like EWES!!

Sure, Corey, there are a few books that I need and am looking for at
used book stores et cetera when I'm here and there, if you can help
me, keep a lookout:

The new/most recent Harlan Ellison books (I have a complete Ellison
collection up until the late 1990s... how about you? Read much
Ellison, Corey? That's something like 44 books there, almost all rare
oop copies that used book deaers don't even know or care about any
value they might have):

First on my reading/want list has to be:

http://www.islets.net/collections/bugfck.html

Bugf#ck: The Useless Wit & Wisdom of Harlan Ellison

"A lark, and it sings. A modest (4-by-5 inches, 128 pages) collection
of Ellison quotes, most from his stories and essays, some from his
online postings, a few quoted by others, plus a couple of longer
passages and one new essay. Individually they range from the profound
to the profane; collectively they thoroughly refute their description
as "useless" in the title..."

That one sounds like a true latrine classic, which is where I get most
of my non-internet reading done, and will be on the lookout for it on
my next Atlanta trip, since Harlan Ellison books hardly ever make it
to stores this far in the hinterlands, these years. He was much more
available and visible on the booksheleve back in the 1980s when he was
a regular on Tom Snyder's late night TV show, & so on.

Then, another H.E. Collection I'd like to read:

http://www.islets.net/film/brainmovies1.html

Brain Movies Volume One: The Original Teleplays of Harlan Ellison

And this one sure looks fascinating, *if* it ever does see print:

DECEMBER 2011
PROMISED SOON
Pulling a Train and Getting in the Wind, an expanded, two-volume
version of Ellison's infamous story collection Sex Gang, published in
1959 under the pseudonym "Paul Merchant" and one of the most valuable
paperbacks of all time. From Norton Records/KICKS Books.

Next, I always keep an eye out for copies of Richard Hooker's M*A*S*H*
sequels. These are from the 1970s in cheap paperback so they're
getting harder and harder to find... please, any you come across in
Baltimore area used bookstores grab any any all copies for me. If the
price is reasonable, of course:

http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/library.htm

I already have copies of several of these, but they're getting so hard
to find I just go head on and buy any that I come across... they make
great gifts, since everybody loves M*A*S*H, am I right?

MASH by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger)
Original Copyright 1968 (William Morrow & Company, Inc., New York)
Copyright 1969 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-42244-8

The book that started it all. It focuses on three doctors at MASH
4077: Trapper John MacIntyre, Hawkeye Pierce, and Duke Forrest. Of
course it also features a depressed dentist (Walt Waldowski) who
threatens to commit suicide, a company clerk (Radar) with ESP, and a
pompous head nurse (Hot Lips) among others.

*** Ping, ping, ping: If you ever find this one don't pass it up,
really hard to find, in fact I've never seen it anywhere, and needed
it a few years ago, not so much now:

M*A*S*H, a one-act play by Tim Kelly
Copyright 1973(?) (The Dramatic Publishing Company, Woodstock, IL),
ISBN: 0-87129-382-X
This one-act play is based on the original novel by Richard Hooker. It
was written for a cast of eleven men and eleven women, featuring many
of the characters from the book with some additions.

MASH Goes to Hollywood by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Apr. 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-80408-1
"Those antiseptic angels of mercy, Hawkeye, Trapper, and Hot Lips do
their outrageous best to get a state trooper into medical school ---
even if it means conning him into acting in a soap opera! Aided by an
improbable cast of characters that includes the world's greatest opera
singer, assorted soap-opera stars and producers, and a sexy biologist
who doesn't want to act, the gang of medics unleash a whirlwind of
madness."

MASH Goes to Las Vegas by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Jan. 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-80265-8
A large group of people including Boris, Horsey with the Knights of
Columbus Marching Band, Hot Lips and the GILIAFCC choir, Hawkeye, and
Trapper gather for a prenuptial bash for Radar and Kristina. The
planned intimate wedding at Nero's Villa turns into chaos before Dago
Red finally marries the couple.

MASH Goes to London by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright June 1975 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-78941-4
"M*A*S*H does it again. Only this time in Merry Old England -- and the
cast of characters includes an opera singer, an orphaned Duke, a
castlekeeper, an oil baron, and the entire Bayou Perdu Counci, K. of
C. -- to name a few!"

MASH Goes to Maine by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger)
Original Copyright Feb. 1972 (William Morrow & Company, Inc., New
York)
Copyright Jan. 1973 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-78254-1
Returning home from the war, Hawkeye, Trapper, Duke and Spearchucker
meet the "Maniacs" in Spruce Harbor, Maine. They are basically the
Maine equivalent to the nuts at MASH 4077. They include Dr. Moore, who
holds office hours on the golf course, and Ben Simmons, a lobsterman
who is seeing the minister's wife. At the end they all gather for the
opening of the Finest Kind Fish Market and Medical Clinic and Trapper
and Lucinda's wedding.

MASH Goes to Miami by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with William
E. Butterworth
Copyright Sep. 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-80705-6
Hot Lips also travels to Miami to present Dona Antoinet a with a
"holy" relic in return for a financial endowment to her nursing
school. Dona Antoinetta is a nearly fifty year old spinster lady who
had fallen in her youth and frequently confessed her sin to an
understanding priest. Dago Red and Walt Waldowski both run into Boris
who decides to have an impromptu reunion of friends from the 4077th
including Hawkeye and Trapper.

MASH Goes to Montreal by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright June 1977 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-80910-5
"Hawkeye and Trapper assume unlikely roles as 'fathers of the bride'
--- and U.S.-Canadian relations may never be the same! To Montreal
they escort a motley party, determined to celebrate the most memorable
wedding that ever joined a lovesick couple."

MASH Goes to Morocco by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Jan. 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-80264-4
"Hawkeye, Trapper, and Hot Lips --- with the misguided connivance of
the U.S. State Dept. --- descend on Merry Morocco. Abetted by a royal
prince, a drunken sheikh, a ravishing blonde diplomat, and a wacked-
out cast of international misfits, the fun-loving medics unleash their
own zany brand of chaos on the unsuspecting Arabs."

MASH Goes to Moscow by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Sept. 1977 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-80911-3
Russia's Chairman stakes his prestige on being able to get Boris to
sing at the Bolshoi; however, Boris refuses. The only ones who may be
able to persuade Boris to change his mind are Hawkeye and Trapper, who
try to do so with the help of the world's ugliest movie star, the
world's messiest anchorman, and the world's shortest and randiest Arab
sheikh.

MASH Goes to New Orleans by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Jan. 1975 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-78490-0
"The whole M*A*S*H gang --- Hawkeye, Trapper, Hot Lips and the rest
--- hit New Orleans to attend the American Tonsil, Adenoid and Vas
Deferens Society convention. But that's just the beginning."

MASH Goes to Paris by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with William
E. Butterworth
Copyright Jan. 1975 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-78491-9
The whole gang travels to Paris on Air Force One so that many of them
can be given medals by the French government. By order of the
government, Henry brings Hawkeye and Trapper along to keep Horsey and
the others in line.

MASH Goes to San Francisco by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright Nov. 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-80786-2
As Hawkeye and Trapper travel on a misguided mission of mercy, Boris
befriends a poor balalaika player, and Hot Lips meets up with Major
Burns. "The ensuing pandemonium turns the Golden Gate City upside down
in one of the merriest escapades ever to involve the mad medics from
M*A*S*H!"

MASH Goes to Texas by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with William
E. Butterworth
Copyright Feb. 1977 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-80892-3
Esther Flanagan, escorted by Hawkeye and Trapper, travels to Dallas
for the Saints-Cowboys football game. They meet up with Hot Lips and
Horsey and later meet a cast of characters including an Indian with
his millionaire cowboy friend and a group driving in a lavender van.

MASH Goes to Vienna by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger) with
William E. Butterworth
Copyright June 1976 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 671-80458-8
"Doffing their surgical greens, those irrepressible practitioners of
the cutting art -- Hawkeye and Trapper John -- descend on unwary
Vienna. Inspired by such cronies as Hot Lips, Boris Korsky-Rimsakov,
and the ebullient Dowager Duchess of Folkestone -- and with the
memorable assistance from some boob-tube celebrities -- they indulge
in merry mayhem and blackmail. At least one U.S. Senator and two TV
personalities -- to say nothing of Vienna -- will never be the same."

MASH Mania by Richard Hooker (Richard Hornberger)
Original Copyright 1977 (Dodd, Mead, and Co., New York)
Copyright 1979 (Pocket Books, New York), ISBN: 0-671-82178-4
Including himself in the cast of characters, Dr. Hooker wrote this
book from the first person point of view. The Swampmen are back in
Spruce Harbor, Maine causing trouble as usual. Their antics include a
pland to send a 40 year old lobsterman to medical school on a football
scholarship and having a bear and an 80 year old physician tried for
rape.

And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
collection, recent releases such as the "Original scroll edition" of
On The Road I'd like to finally read, and the legendary collaboration
with Burroughs, "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks"... though
I don't consider these that "essential" at this late date.

There's little doubt that I've read more Kerouac and Ellison than you
or anyone else here on the /poetry/ newsgroups (other groups I've
added may bring in someone superior to me, maybe), and in my opinion
that trumps any dozen of the crappy "self-help" type books you seem to
favor, Corey.

And my address is:

Will Dockery
P.O. Box 7394
Columbus GA 31908

If you'd like to send me some of the books above that I want and
need... the other stuff you can just continue to dump on Robert,
George & Shaun, thank you very much.

--
Under The Radar / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809

Steve Hayes

Apr 13, 2012, 1:04:51 AM4/13/12
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery
<will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
>collection, recent releases such as the "Original scroll edition" of
>On The Road I'd like to finally read, and the legendary collaboration
>with Burroughs, "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks"... though
>I don't consider these that "essential" at this late date.

Well at least that bit was on topic.

--
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/LITMAIN.HTM

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 6:44:09 AM4/14/12
On Apr 13, 8:28 am, Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 1:04 am, Steve Hayes <hayes...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
> > >collection, recent releases such as the "Original scroll edition" of
> > >On The Road I'd like to finally read, and the legendary collaboration
> > >with Burroughs, "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks"... though
> > >I don't consider these that "essential" at this late date.
>
> > Well at least that bit was on topic.
>
> Who asked you? Beat it, Steve.

Yeah... the nerve of that guy...

Corey

Apr 14, 2012, 6:50:51 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 6:44 am, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 8:28 am, Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 13, 1:04 am, Steve Hayes <hayes...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> >> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > > And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
>
> > > Well at least that bit was on topic.
>
> > Who asked you? Beat it, Steve.
>
> Yeah... the nerve of that guy...

Excuse my lack of clarity. Mine was a simple, cordial request for an
expert opinion. Steve is quite an authority on the Beat movement.

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 6:31:38 AM4/14/12
On Apr 13, 1:04 am, Steve Hayes <hayes...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery
>
> <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
> >collection, recent releases such as the "Original scroll edition" of
> >On The Road I'd like to finally read, and the legendary collaboration
> >with Burroughs, "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks"... though
> >I don't consider these that "essential" at this late date.
>
> Well at least that bit was on topic.

The entire post is on topic since the topic is ""Ellison, Hooker &
Kerouac"...

--
Under The Radar / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 6:59:21 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 6:50 am, Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, I don't remember Steve being in any of the lists of experts that
I'm familiar with, and I'm familiar with most of them having read many
of the Beat biographies and histories, most of them several times over
since around 1974, when I first read "Kerouac" by Ann Charters.

Let's hear it, then, Steve!

Corey

Apr 14, 2012, 7:18:29 AM4/14/12
LOL. Your name isn't on any list of experts about anything anywhere,
but I still read and respect your opinion for what it is without
shoving your nose in the fact that you possess no recognizable
credential more significant than a driver's license.

Corey

Apr 14, 2012, 7:30:14 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 6:31 am, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 1:04 am, Steve Hayes <hayes...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery
>
> > <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > And of course, Jack Kerouac, although I have a nearly complete
> > >collection, recent releases such as the "Original scroll edition" of
> > >On The Road I'd like to finally read, and the legendary collaboration
> > >with Burroughs, "And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks"... though
> > >I don't consider these that "essential" at this late date.
>
> > Well at least that bit was on topic.
>
> The entire post is on topic since the topic is ""Ellison, Hooker &
> Kerouac"...

Why do you act like such a defensive little shit when presented with
the opportunity to simply express your opinion openly, clearly and
completely, connecting the dots for people who obviously didn't get
where you're coming from the first time? You need look back no further
than your recent remarks to Fred for example.

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 9:35:17 AM4/14/12
Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Will Dockery wrote:
> >Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Excuse my lack of clarity. Mine was a simple, cordial request for an
> > > expert opinion. Steve is quite an authority on the Beat movement.
>
> > Okay, I don't remember Steve being in any of the lists of experts that
> > I'm familiar with, and I'm familiar with most of them having read many
> > of the Beat biographies and histories, most of them several times over
> > since around 1974, when I first read "Kerouac" by Ann Charters.
>
> > Let's hear it, then, Steve!
>
> LOL. Your name isn't on any list of experts about anything anywhere,
> but I still read and respect your opinion

And I'll read and respect Steve's opinion... if and when he ever really
offers one here.

Corey

Apr 14, 2012, 10:03:18 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 9:35 am, "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if and when

Duh, how you tink ah nose wat ah nose bout him cept wat ah gots rot
cheer, huh? Seems OB VEE US two Mi scents ah dough knots git out ...
munch, cept for lunch. Of course. Cuz uh Manz GOTZ tuh each ya know.

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 10:12:20 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 10:03 am, Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 9:35 am, "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > if and when
>
> Duh, how you tink ah nose wat ah nose bout him cept wat ah gots rot
> cheer, huh? Seems OB VEE US two Mi scents ah dough knots git out ...
> munch, cept for lunch. Of course. Cuz uh Manz GOTZ tuh each ya know.

I'll try to translate that later, maybe... I guess I better get off of here
pretty soon, since I have a funeral to get to at Noon today.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Apr 14, 2012, 11:05:14 AM4/14/12
"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in

> I'll try to translate that later, maybe... I guess I better get off of
> here pretty soon, since I have a funeral to get to at Noon today.

It's not for Kluckles by any chance?

One can hope...

"Is it true you are some gay stalker freak like Pete said?" - Edmo
employs the Kook Info Nutworks to get the facts wrong again.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

Will Dockery

Apr 14, 2012, 11:38:40 AM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 11:05 am, Cujo DeSockpuppet <c...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote innews:jmc0k9$5jr$1...@dont-email.me:
>
> > I'll try to translate that later, maybe... I guess I better get off of
> > here pretty soon, since I have a funeral to get to at Noon today.
>
> It's not for

https://www.facebook.com/TheClydeBakerJrMemorialPage

Memorial Service for Clyde Baker is scheduled for 1pm Saturday at
Pierce (Road) Chapel Assembly of God, 2084 Lee Rd 427 Phenix City, AL
36867

Steve Hayes

Apr 14, 2012, 12:43:21 PM4/14/12
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:35:17 -0400, "Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I really don't care what you think of my opinion. I was trying to discover
what yours is supposed to be about.

Corey

Apr 14, 2012, 2:40:44 PM4/14/12
On Apr 14, 11:05 am, Cujo DeSockpuppet <c...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote innews:jmc0k9$5jr$1...@dont-email.me:
>
> > I'll try to translate that later, maybe... I guess I better get off of
> > here pretty soon, since I have a funeral to get to at Noon today.
>
> It's not for Kluckles by any chance?
>
> One can hope...

For Kluckles, by any chance.

"Duh, how do you think I know what I know about him except what I got
right here? It seems obvious to me since I don't get out much, except
for lunch. Of course. Because a man's got to eat you know."

Will Dockery

Apr 19, 2012, 12:03:13 AM4/19/12
On Apr 14, 12:43 pm, Steve Hayes <hayes...@telkomsa.net> wrote:
Fair enough.

http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Apr 23, 2012, 2:55:42 PM4/23/12

Reposted, since you seem to've missed it the first time around:
need... the other stuff you can just continue to dump on Robert, Fred,

Corey

Apr 23, 2012, 3:25:20 PM4/23/12
On Apr 23, 2:55 pm, "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reposted, since you seem to've missed it the first time around:
>
> Corey <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Gimme yer adrest agin, puleese. Ah gots jus Duh Book fer a DUMBASS
> > HICK like EWES!!
>
> Sure, Corey, there are a few books that I need and am looking for at
> used book stores et cetera when I'm here and there, if you can help
> me, keep a lookout:
>
> The new/most recent Harlan Ellison books (I have a complete Ellison
> collection up until the late 1990s... how about you? Read much
> Ellison, Corey? That's something like 44 books there, almost all rare
> oop copies that used book deaers don't even know or care about any
> value they might have):

> If you'd like to send me some of the books above that I want and
> need... the other stuff you can just continue to dump on Robert, Fred,
> George & Shaun, thank you very much.

Please excuse that I snipped your laundry list as irrelevant. I don't
have the books you "need", as if you really needed to read another
Ellison book without comprehension. We've discussed Ellison
previously, remember? I know and understand him better than you. We
established that years ago in case you'd forgotten. Your request reads
like a contemptuous letter to Santa Claus. Why is that, Will? Why do
you hold me in such bitter contempt? Why does it bother you so much
that I'm obviously smarter and more widely read than you? I still love
you even though you act dumb as dirt sometimes, and lash out at me
like I done you wrong when we both know I DIN'T, dammit!

Will Dockery

Apr 23, 2012, 3:43:06 PM4/23/12
Corey wrote:

> I know and understand [Harlan Ellison] better than you.

In what way?

Feel free to post proof or... like Hell that'll ever happen.

The point is, simply:

No, I don't want or need any of those crappy "self-help" and "magick" books
or any of the other junk you seem to enjoy reading. That sort of thing just
doesn't interest me, but I have no problem with you liking that kind of
stuff.

You can just continue to dump all that stuff on Robert, Fred, George &
Shaun, thank you very much... I have plenty of worthless books around here
already.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Corey

Apr 23, 2012, 3:55:08 PM4/23/12
On Apr 23, 3:43 pm, "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Corey wrote:
>
> > I know and understand [Harlan Ellison] better than you.
>
> In what way?
>
> Feel free to post proof or... like Hell that'll ever happen.
>
> The point is, simply:

That you think the stuff I read is crap and junk as opposed to the
stuff you read, like Harlan Ellison, which is not. Yeah, I got your
point. Your contempt isn't hard to miss. I'm actually fairly well read
on quite a number of subjects. I've got books out the ass like you
wouldn't believe, which is why I like to give them away once I've read
them a few times. I'm not real picky about who I give stuff to, but
you're right in that I prefer people appreciate what I give them. You
obviously don't. Further, you obviously don't feel appreciated for the
things you have read. Proof of that is your request that I post
"proof" of my knowledge of Ellison rather than simply engaging me in
conversation on him by saying something interesting or thought
provoking that might have spurred further discussion of his work. Of
course, we see that you didn't do that. Instead you did what you did,
which is what you always do, which got you where you are, which is
nowhere. Please forgive me for trying to assist you out of the nowhere
know nothing place you live, your poor head.

Will Dockery

Apr 23, 2012, 4:11:39 PM4/23/12
Corey wrote:

> That you think the stuff I read is crap and junk as opposed to the
> stuff you read, like Harlan Ellison

Not really, that's you "putting words in my mouth", which is why the spew
you just typed at me deserves to be snipped.

We're in this only because you pushed for it... hope you're enjoying it, I'm
not.

I have my interests and you have yours and unlike you I have no problem with
that... I just don't want it or have the time for it.

Corey

Apr 23, 2012, 4:17:05 PM4/23/12
I didn't put words in your mouth, Will. Those are the exact words you
used to describe the books I read, crap and junk. You can justify and
make excuses for snipping content, but we both know that's all it is,
excuses. There are things I write that you don't want to face, so you
snip and insult. That's just how you are. If you're not having fun
right now, ask yourself why.

Will Dockery

Apr 23, 2012, 4:24:14 PM4/23/12
Corey wrote:

> Those are the exact words you
> used to describe the books I read, crap and junk.

That's only my opinion, Corey... who knows, maybe you consider Jack Kerouac
and Harlan Ellison books "crap and junk"...

Lord knows your buddy PJR probably does.