Harlan Ellison gone

thang ornerythinchus

Jul 4, 2018, 7:03:05 PM7/4/18
So the old curmudgeon has bitten the dust.

I remember reading Dangerous Visions as a 15 year old and being
enthralled by the ground breaking tales therein. I read HE's stories
assiduously after that but, while I enjoyed his fictions, and to some
extent his RL recountings and observations, I found his personality
distasteful.

He suffered mere mortals and sometimes, didn't even do that. As far
as I could see, he had the typical short man's syndrome, a monstrous
chip on the shoulder which compelled him to be a complete dick many
times over.

His tampering with Connie Willis on stage was inexcusable and it's a
wonder he wasn't called out on that big time. Fuck him for that. She
should have sued.

Now he's consigned to the dust of eternity. I wonder how he will be
remembered.

---