Harlan wants another chance to get Scotty dealing drugs on the Enterprise

Captain Infinity

Dec 1, 2009, 6:18:59 PM12/1/09
Harlan Ellison wants to write Star Trek 2 and he wants you
to tell J. J. Abrams that he said so.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/01/sci-fi-author-harlan-ellison-wants-in-on-star-trek-2/

Or search back through his website's discussion group to find his
original post on Saturday, November 21 2009:

http://harlanellison.com/heboard/unca.htm?beg=176&num=25

**
Captain Infinity

edrh...@hotmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 6:11:45 PM6/28/18
The drug dealer wasn't Scotty. Maybe you know that and are just being snotty, but I felt it had to be said.

I read Harlan's script in his book "Six Science Fiction Plays." All in all, I agree with most of the changes that were put in the script. One thing I DID miss was the begger who Kirk befriends and who sacrifices himself in a phaser fight. Oddly enough, a similar character showed up in a '70s movie "Report To The Commissioner." The scene that stuck in my craw was Spock waxing practically emotionally to Kirk about how coming with him to Vulcan will help him forget his tragic love for Edith.