Three More Chapters ...

Platypus

Jul 22, 2020, 12:57:59 PM7/22/20
Well, what do you know ... in GRRM's second-ever (?) progress update, on his July 19 not-a-blog, he says he completed 3 new chapters this past week.

Add in the 3 completed chapters he announced on June 23, and then add in the roughly 11 sample chapters that we have known for years were more-or-less complete, and we have a grand total of 17 chapters confirmed complete.

17 down, 80 to go, I guess.

Okay, okay. Maybe he's got a bit more done than that. There was a rumor over a year back that he had submitted about 800 pages to his publisher. That figure fell far below the expectations and wishes of most fans at the time, which made me suspect that it just might possibly have been based on an actual source rather than the usual wishful thinking. Maybe.

But he says don't get your hopes up 'cause he's got a long way to go, and I say we should take his word for it.