Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II

Apr 4, 2005, 3:51:52 AM4/4/05
"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
others. Grace in many persons, through this ignorance of their
state, and their looking on themselves still as the objects of God's
displeasure, has been like the trees in winter, or like seed in the
spring suppressed under a hard clod of earth. Many in such cases have
labored to their utmost to divert their minds from the pleasing and
joyful views they have had, and to suppress those consolations and
gracious affections that arose thereupon. And when it has once come into
their minds to inquire, whether or not this was not true grace, they
have been much afraid lest they should be deceived with common
illuminations and flashes of affection, and eternally undone with a
false hope. But when they have been better instructed, and so brought to
allow of hope, this has awakened the gracious disposition of their
hearts into life and vigor as the warm beams of the sun in the spring
have quickened the seeds and productions of the earth. Grace being now
at liberty, and cherished with hope, has soon flowed out to their
abundant satisfaction and increase.

There is no one thing that I know of which God has made such a means of
promoting His work amongst us, as the news of others' conversion. This
has been owned in awakening sinners, engaging them earnestly to seek the
same blessing, and in quickening saints. Though I have thought that a
minister declaring his judgment about particular persons' experiences,
might from these things be justified; yet I often signify to my people
how unable man is to know another's heart, and how unsafe it is to
depend merely on the judgment of others. I have abundantly insisted,
that a manifestation of sincerity in fruits brought forth, is better
than any manifestation they can make of it in words alone: and that
without this, all pretences to spiritual experiences are vain. This all
my congregation can witness. And the people