Hello Folks and a Question About the new Compendiums

Adrian Gregg

May 18, 2018, 11:47:47 PM5/18/18
Does anyone have a track listing of the New Compendium box sets 10-13? I'm going to buy the things as not to do so would be a terrible crime (plus would lose my winning streak as buying every goon release since 1981), but in the meantime i used a free amazon audible trial to hear them but I cant figure out what is on the series 1-4 boxet, I know the series 2 shows are there and a couple of series 4, but I thought there was more S4 shows, I mean ive got more S4 shows on tape (traded in the 90's) and I know they are not missing. are they due for box set 14?. On Audible you get no track listing at all, everything is Chapters, If you are lucky to get a PDF of the booklets its always the first one not the all important second one.

So I have no idea whats on 11,12,13 I mean apart from the obvious shows etc. Oh, I googled the crap out of this before coming here, the appears to be nothing online showing a track-list at all. How Weird is that.

Oh and scrips, I own the first 7 sets and just pulled all PDF scrips from them 6 in total and 2 of them fake typed up things not real scripts, the rest, one is Pat Dixons prob for orig Editing for Home Service Bdcast, the others seem to be "As Broadcast" versuions with the lines not read 'lined 'out, Is there any more of these, would love to see more scripts as written rather than as Bdcast, prob my next thing now Ive heard all the existing shows (after a 40 year wait!)

Will post a Obligatory "Been a Fan Since the 80s" post soon.

Ps, Can we start a Religion in honor of TK?

Oh the new sets are fantastic, I stopped getting them after set 7 due to moving to a new flat that takes most of my pay! Will finish them and the Horne ones, Hancock etc, wonder where "take it from here" is, I know of plenty of TS versions floating about.

Just heard the "Press photos with A.E. Matthews" (from one of the 8th series Part 2 compendium) My title as I don't know what it should be called (thanks Audible) Now I have seen just about every photo of the Goons, scoured photo libaries in person and recently (last 25 years) online and have never ever seen any photos of the Goons with A.E Mathews? what gives.

Regards
Adrian Gregg, Who last posted here in the early 90's

David Samuel Barr

Jun 4, 2018, 2:20:25 AM6/4/18
On 5/18/2018 11:47 PM, Adrian Gregg wrote:
> Does anyone have a track listing of the New Compendium box sets 10-13? [mass snippage]

Compendium 10:
The Sahara Desert Statue
I Was Monty’s Treble
The £100,000 Penny
The Pam’s Paper Insurance Policy
The Mountain Eaters
The Childe Harolde Rewarde
The Seagoon Memoirs
Queen Anne’s Rain
The Battle of Spion Kop
Ned’s Atomic Dustbin
Who Is Pink Oboe?
The Call of the West
Disc 7:
a collection of rehearsals, outtakes,
trailers, continuity, etc from some
of the above shows
Disc 8:
Carry On Up the Zeitgeist - Enter stage right a magician
Salutations [a salute to Ray Ellington]
Several programmes about the Radiophonic Workshop
24 tracks of sound effects
Disc 9:
A Sound of Goons [1983 radio Goons documentary]
Programme Parade; What Goes On; Today [three news
shows with stories peripherally relating to the Goons]

Compendium 11:
Dishonoured - Again
The Scarlet Capsule
The Tay Bridge
The Gold Plate Robbery
The £50 Cure
A Christmas Carol
The Tale of Men's Shirts
The Chinese Legs
Robin's Post
The Silver Doubloons
The Last Smoking Seagoon
The GPO Show
The Omar Khayyam Show: Ned Kelly
The Omar Khayyam Show: The Ashes
The Omar Khayyam Show: The PM's Trousers
The Omar Khayyam Show: The Flying Dustman
The Omar Khayyam Show: The America Cup
The Omar Khayyam Show: Waltzing Matilda
The Army Show
The Naughty Navy Show
Big Ben - Critic at Large (aka Peter Sellers - Man of Many Voices)
The Star Show - #4 & #8, Ray Ellington; #11, Spike Milligan
Even Today (aka Jack Di Manio Asks Spike Milligan)
Sellers on Sound
The Telegoons: The Lost Colony (aka Goons at Studio)
Forces Gala Night (aka Who is Eccles?)
The Windmill Story (aka Closure of Windmill Theatre - 1964)
Introduction to the Goons
The Goon Shows (aka The Goons)

Compendium 12:
China Story
Foiled by President Fred
Tales of Old Dartmoor
The Macreekie Rising of '74
Robin Hood
Six Charlies in Search of an Author
Insurance - The White Man's Burden
The Red Fort
The Missing Ten Downing Street (aka Ten Downing Street Stolen)
The Last Goon Show of All [show and rehearsal]
Parkinson Meets The Goons
Heroes for a Time: 6 - The Goons
The Best of British Laughs: Peter Sellers
Robbie Vincent's Late Night London
It Takes All Sorts: All Round Goon
Film Night [1970 Milligan & Sellers interview]
Today [two episodes with Goon-related stories]
Kaleidoscope [discussion of The Book of the Goons]
FM [two episodes with Goon-related stories]
Trailer for 1987 Lost Goons Season
The Radio Programme: Radio Restoration
Feedback [re: edits to Dishonoured - Again]

Compendium 13:
Harry Secombe Tracks Lo-Hing Ding
Handsome Harry Hunts for The Lost Drummer
The Failures of Handsome Harry Secombe
The Mystery of the Monkey's Paw
The Man Who Tried to Destroy London's Monuments
The Ghastly Experiments of Dr Hans Eidelburger/
Everest Conquered
The Missing Prime Minister
surviving extracts from The Search for the
Bearded Vulture and The Giant Bombardon
At Last The Go On Show
Goon Again
Just Before Goonrise
Laughter in the Air
Spike at 80
various extracts from Desert Island Discs
[the above from the publisher info; don't
yet have the actual booklet available to
work from as with the others listed]

MartinS

Jun 5, 2018, 2:33:52 PM6/5/18
David Samuel Barr <dsb...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/2018 11:47 PM, Adrian Gregg wrote:
>> Does anyone have a track listing of the New Compendium box sets
>> 10-13? [mass snippage]
>
> Compendium 10:
>
> The Call of the West

My favourite Goon Show episode of all time!

Wal: “Alongside was the Good Ship Venus...”
<Titter runs around audience>

--
Martin S

Bjohn

Jun 6, 2018, 8:30:53 PM6/6/18
Can we not remove that well-endowed lady from the studio??