The Completest Goon Show Transcripts Of All.pdf

Tam

Apr 16, 2019, 6:49:16 PM4/16/19
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k3nqejvsqaaisr/The%20Completest%20Goon%
20Show%20Transcripts%20Of%20All.pdf?dl=0

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

---

alane...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2019, 1:36:50 PM4/17/19
Thanks! I have not yet been able to look at it.

MartinS

Apr 18, 2019, 1:59:20 AM4/18/19
Tam <x...@x.com> wrote:

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k3nqejvsqaaisr/The%20Completest%20Goon%
> 20Show%20Transcripts%20Of%20All.pdf?dl=0

Thanks. Unfortunately the link is split, and when I reconstruct it all I
get with Firefox is the index page, no PDF. Same if I just enter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k3nqejvsqaaisr

Aha! I just tried it in Chrome, and it pops up a Dropbox dialog which
allows you to download it if you have (or create) a dropbox account. You
can just view it without an account, but can't save it. It's 4,210 pages!

Anyway, many thanks for your hard work, my guid man.

--
Martin S

Tam

Apr 18, 2019, 6:22:09 AM4/18/19
Thanks! :-)
If dropbox is a problem then I've also uploaded it to
alt.binaries.sounds.radio.british so you can download it without
needing a DP account.

MartinS

Apr 18, 2019, 6:40:25 PM4/18/19
Tam <x...@x.com> wrote:

> Thanks! :-)
> If dropbox is a problem then I've also uploaded it to
> alt.binaries.sounds.radio.british so you can download it without
> needing a DP account.

OK. Thx again, Tam.

My favourite script is "The Call of The West".

It may have the most characters of any Goon Show, and brings in Greenslade,
Ellington and Geldray as actors (well, sort of).

I especially liked the mention of The Good Ship Venus lying alongside at
Boston Harbor (sic), which caused titters from members of the audience.

--
Martin S

Ivan D. Reid

Apr 19, 2019, 9:17:50 AM4/19/19
On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:40:25 -0400, MartinS <m...@my.place.invalid>
wrote in <s17uE.218309$UN2....@fx04.iad>:
It's one of, I think, four Goon Shows I have on tape in stereo
(recorded from the ABC in the 1970s). In the spittoon sequence the
"spit" and "ding" sounds come from different speakers.

--
Ivan Reid (ivan.reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch])
Engineering, Design & Physical Sciences CMS Collaboration,

MartinS

Apr 20, 2019, 4:17:04 PM4/20/19
"Ivan D. Reid" <Ivan...@ivan.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019, MartinS <m...@my.place.invalid> wrote:
>> Tam <x...@x.com> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks! :-)
>>> If dropbox is a problem then I've also uploaded it to
>>> alt.binaries.sounds.radio.british so you can download it without
>>> needing a DP account.
>
>> OK. Thx again, Tam.
>
>> My favourite script is "The Call of The West".
>
>> It may have the most characters of any Goon Show, and brings in
>> Greenslade, Ellington and Geldray as actors (well, sort of).
>
>> I especially liked the mention of The Good Ship Venus lying alongside
>> at Boston Harbor (sic), which caused titters from members of the
>> audience.
>
> It's one of, I think, four Goon Shows I have on tape in stereo
> (recorded from the ABC in the 1970s). In the spittoon sequence the
> "spit" and "ding" sounds come from different speakers.

Stereophonic Goons? What next?

COLONEL: Somebody's supplying the Indians with saxophones. (SPITS)

LT. HERN-HERN: Ah think I know who it is, you know.

FX: DANG!

COLONEL: Bring that thing closer, will yer? You were saying, Hern?

--
Martin S

Ivan D. Reid

Apr 21, 2019, 8:39:38 AM4/21/19