Spile Milligna: AAssorted Q

Ivan D. Reid

Apr 4, 2017, 2:03:07 PM4/4/17
Rebroadcast of two episodes on BBC4 tonight from 2250 in, would
you believe it?, a season on surrealism! (Un chien Andalou is on earlier.)

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Sn!pe

Apr 4, 2017, 2:27:55 PM4/4/17
Ivan D. Reid <Ivan...@ivan.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Rebroadcast of two episodes on BBC4 tonight from 2250 in, would
> you believe it?, a season on surrealism! (Un chien Andalou is on earlier.)

Ta!

--
^Ï^. My pet rock Gordon just is.

MartinS

Apr 5, 2017, 12:23:23 AM4/5/17
"Ivan D. Reid" <Ivan...@ivan.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Rebroadcast of two episodes on BBC4 tonight from 2250 in, would
> you believe it?, a season on surrealism! (Un chien Andalou is on
> earlier.)

And Desmond Morris ("The Naked Ape"), now 89, is a secret nighttime
surrealist painter!

You couldn't make it up.

--
Martin S

Brian Gaff

Apr 5, 2017, 3:50:47 AM4/5/17
Why do people have to label things?
Things either tickle you as an individual or they don't. Its the same with
serious things etc. Saying something is surreal seems to be pre judgmental
to me.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Ivan D. Reid" <Ivan...@ivan.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Apr 5, 2017, 3:52:23 AM4/5/17
Desmond Morris is actually also a bit of a giggler, by the way always has
been, despite his many broadcasts appearing to cover serious subjects.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please!
"MartinS" <m...@my.place.invalid> wrote in message

R C Nesbit

Apr 5, 2017, 12:04:13 PM4/5/17
In article <slrnoe7nup.3...@smtp.orangehome.co.uk>, Ivan D. Reid
wrote:
> Rebroadcast of two episodes on BBC4 tonight from 2250 in, would
> you believe it?, a season on surrealism! (Un chien Andalou is on earlier.)

Ubgger - missed that!
I did watch (well Lesley watched and I had to observe) the prog at 9:00 on
surrealism - very surreal, it was.

--
Eno P. Arfovg
Have I mentioned we have moved onto a narrowboat?

Whiskers

Apr 5, 2017, 12:15:02 PM4/5/17
On 2017-04-05, R C Nesbit <sp...@ukrm.net> wrote:
> In article <slrnoe7nup.3...@smtp.orangehome.co.uk>, Ivan D.
> Reid wrote:
>> Rebroadcast of two episodes on BBC4 tonight from 2250 in, would you
>> believe it?, a season on surrealism! (Un chien Andalou is on
>> earlier.)
>
> Ubgger - missed that! I did watch (well Lesley watched and I had to
> observe) the prog at 9:00 on surrealism - very surreal, it was.

I'd just spent the afternoon re-arranging my pne vafhenapr - so a
surreal evening on gryyl was quite fitting.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Nicholas D. Richards

Apr 10, 2017, 8:26:31 AM4/10/17
Reid <Ivan...@ivan.fsnet.co.uk> on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 at 18:00:04 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
> (Un chien Andalou is on earlier.)

Some 1 kilofortnight earlier I saw that. Never again. Still get
optical nightmares about it. Marginally less nightmarish than the
Saragossa Manuscript, which I saw about the same time.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"