Re: Misleading Grauniad Headline

Ivan D. Reid

May 3, 2018, 5:04:06 AM5/3/18
On Thu, 3 May 2018 07:43:00 +0100, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net>
wrote in <20180503074300.82bd...@eircom.net>:
> On Wed, 2 May 2018 22:50:23 +0100
> Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:

>> It actually said

>> "Fossil sheds light on evolutionary journey from dinosaur to bird"

>> But I just read the first two worms whereupon I got very excited &
>> didn't bother to read the rest of it.

> Silly boy, sheds don't fossilise they petrify - it's the wood
> yerknow.

But you can't get the wood! Yerknow?

[Suddenly wonders if that was another risque' joke the Goons slipped past
the BBC censors...]

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN

RustyHinge

May 3, 2018, 7:20:44 AM5/3/18
On 03/05/18 10:04, Ivan D. Reid wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2018 07:43:00 +0100, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net>
> wrote in <20180503074300.82bd...@eircom.net>:
>> On Wed, 2 May 2018 22:50:23 +0100
>> Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:
>
>>> It actually said
>
>>> "Fossil sheds light on evolutionary journey from dinosaur to bird"
>
>>> But I just read the first two worms whereupon I got very excited &
>>> didn't bother to read the rest of it.
>
>> Silly boy, sheds don't fossilise they petrify - it's the wood
>> yerknow.
>
> But you can't get the wood! Yerknow?
>
> [Suddenly wonders if that was another risque' joke the Goons slipped past
> the BBC censors...]

Oh, unforgets me: how much do I owe you for those SCSI drives?

--
Rusty Hinge

Ivan D. Reid

May 3, 2018, 10:55:37 AM5/3/18
On Thu, 3 May 2018 12:20:43 +0100, RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk>
wrote in <pcerab$r0i$3...@dont-email.me>:
> On 03/05/18 10:04, Ivan D. Reid wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 May 2018 07:43:00 +0100, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net>
>> wrote in <20180503074300.82bd...@eircom.net>:

>>> Silly boy, sheds don't fossilise they petrify - it's the wood
>>> yerknow.

>> But you can't get the wood! Yerknow?

>> [Suddenly wonders if that was another risque' joke the Goons slipped past
>> the BBC censors...]

> Oh, unforgets me: how much do I owe you for those SCSI drives?

SFA, or SFP depending on your favorite TLA. They were surplus
to requirement and delivered without cost via the Underground Railway
when the STFC paid me to visit Naarch for a science fair. IIRC; I was
shot at on the train on the way back and my memory may have been affected
by the trauma... (Two bullet-holes appearing in the window next to your
head can do strange things to the mind!)

nickandre...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2018, 11:49:05 AM10/18/18

alane...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2018, 5:15:58 PM10/18/18