No One Specialunread,
Sep 15, 2021, 4:15:00 PMSep 15
Let's Do the Twist
Argument: "Because you are against tithing, you twist God's word in order to justify your greed."
Rebuttal: I twist God's word? Please demonstrate how I am twisting God's word?
1. Leviticus 27:30,32 says God's commanded tithe is to be agricultural crops, flocks, and herds. I agree with that.
2. Leviticus 27:34 reveals that the command to tithe was given to the children of Israel. I agree with that.
3. Numbers 18:21, Deuteronomy 14:27-29, and Deuteronomy 26:12-17 say that God's commanded tithe is to be given to Levites, widows, orphans, and strangers in the land of Canaan. I agree with that.
4. Deuteronomy 12:10-11 says that God's tithe was to be taken to the place where God chose to place His name. I agree with that.
5. 2 Chronicles 6:5-6 says that the place God chose to place His name is Jerusalem. I agree with that.
6. 1 Kings 6 reveals that the storehouse where God's tithe was to be kept was in Jerusalem. I agree with that.
It is clear that I am not the one guilty of "twisting God's word." Rather, it is those preachers who use Malachi 3:10 as proof-text for a monetary tithe required of all Christians worldwide. They are guilty of twisting God's word. A monetary requirement is a total misrepresentation and twisting of what God's word actually says.
Years ago, Chubby Checker sang a song titled, "Let's Do the Twist." Perhaps "Let's Do the Twist" would be an appropriate song to play and sing during the Offertory time at these monetary tithe requirement teaching religious institutions