No One Specialunread,
May 25, 2021, 10:08:10 PMMay 25
On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 6:02:58 PM UTC-7, DFWJ wrote:
RE: "The tedious NOS with his one eye open one eye shut cacophony of why not to tithe, well seems like he misses the forest for the trees. I have been reading in Lk 16-17 and Christ in practically the same breath teaches on the parable of master and servant (stewardship) and (Hell) Lazarus who was taken to Abraham`s Bosom by angels and his master who died. I don`t know if Scott ever used Lk 16 to support the position of no tithe means no salvation but to NOS`s credit there is no tithe spoken of here, only using money in this life in forethought of the next life. You can`t serve two masters: God and mammon"
More than likely you know little or nothing about Biblical tithing. I have never written or spoken against legitimate God directed free will giving. Sadly, only a MORON (such as Briggs) would claim "no tithing, no salvation." That is complete horse crap and doctrines of demons without ANY Biblical support. It's the kind of trash Gene, sadly, was teaching.
If tithing was required and taught in the New Testament for Christians, it would have to be clearly detailed and outlined in the terms and conditions of the New Testament like all promises and commands of the New Testament are.
Tithing instructions would be clearly included in the New Testament. THEY ARE NOT: No such terms, conditions or details are outlined anywhere in the New Testament. Tithing was never, is not now, and will never be part of the New Testament.
No Apostle ever taught tithing, asked for a tithe, rebuked any person or church for not tithing, or received a tithe. Not one of them. The early church, as a Christian practice, NEVER tithed. We have NO record of them doing so, and they were never instructed to do so from God's word (scripture) or by any Apostle.
Want to tithe? Be my guest, but do it God's way, NOT Gene Scott's way. Here is God's way...
>>> A Tither's Checklist...
Be sure to check the Tither's Checklist before paying your "tithe." Make sure it complies with The Law of Moses, the Word of God, where God established commanded tithing.
Concerning your tithe;
1. Comes from the Promise Land. Lev. 27:30, 32, Neh. 10:37.
2. Is fruits, vegetables and clean livestock. Lev. 27:30, 32, Num. 18:27, Num. 18:28, Deut 12:17, Deut. 14:22, Deut. 14:23, Deut. 24:21, Deut. 26:12, 2 Chron. 31:5, 2 Chron. 31:6, Neh. 10:37, Neh. 13:5, Mal. 3:10, Matt. 23:23, Luke 11:42.
3. Is paid to a Levite. Numbers 18:21-24.
4. Is three tithes totaling about 23 1/3%. Tithe one; Leviticus 27:30-33, Tithe two; Deuteronomy 14:22-27, Tithe three; Deuteronomy 14:28-29.
5. You live on the Promise Land while you pay the tithe. Deuteronomy 12:10.
6. You are not a Gentile. Leviticus 27:30-34; Psalms 147:19-20.
7. You are a physical descendant of Abraham and Sarah, and of Issac, Jacob/Israel living under the law of Moses. Psalms 147:19-20.
8. If temporarily converted to money, is not paid in the form of money, and you buy what you want to buy with the money. Deuteronomy 14:22-27.
9. The money is converted to wine, strong drink, food, and what ever you desire to buy with the money that you share with a Levite and his family at the feast where God has placed His name on the Promise Land. Deuteronomy 14:22-27.
10. Your pastor can prove he is authorized to receive a tithe, and that he personally owns the tithe, and that it is his inheritance, and it has been taken from the Levites and given to him. Numbers 18:21-24.
11. You tithe because you are living under the Law of Moses, and not the New Testament. Numbers 18:21, Acts 15:24, Malachi 4:4
12. Your pastor is claiming you must pay tithes because Abraham did, Jacob said he would, or your pastor said so, when God has NOT said so. Ezekiel 22:28, Lamentations 3:37.
>>> Does this sound like the "tithe" your pastor is telling you that you must pay him every Sunday? NO? ...THEN DON'T PAY IT; you're being robbed by thieves who God has NOT given the right to take tithes from anyone.
>>> What did Paul replace any of the above with? If Paul intended Christians to "tithe" he is strangely SILENT on what kind of tithing we are to do, who is to be tithed to, what the tithe is to consist of, how many tithes are to be paid and how often, etc.
Paul did not intend in writing 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 that Christians "tithe," he merely pointed out that people in the ministry should be (as in the Old Testament), if possible, supported with free will offerings, as Paul spoke of in other verses...
"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; NOT grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." - 2 Corinthians 9:7
>> Do it God's way...
GOD SAYS "USE TITHE MONEY TO BUY WINE AND WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES TO BUY WITH IT."
If we are supposed to be tithing money, or tithing at all for that matter, as tithing teachers claim; why are we not supposed to be doing what God says with the tithe money? Like this...
1. Do not pay the tithe in the form of money. Keep the money in your hand (bind it to your hand) until you...
2. Buy wine with it.
3. Buy strong drink (harder liqueur) with it.
4. Buy livestock and other food.
5. Buy whatever you desire, whatever you lust after.
6. Share what you buy with a Levite and your family.
7. Only convert your tithe money back to fruits, vegetables and clean live stock, etc., at the location you will share it with a Levite if it is too far to transport it in the form God says it is to paid in.
8. Eat your tithe with the Levite.
9. Learn to fear and respect the Lord by doing one through eight above.
>> Why don't tithing teachers tell their faithful tithers this?...
> ref.; Deuteronomy 14:22-27
22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:
26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
1. Tithe every third year, NOT EVERY WEEK, as churches falsely claim.
2. Keep the tithe behind your gates (keep it at home), don't bring it to church.
3. Take care of the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates.
4. Share some with a Levite.
>> Why don't tithing teachers tell their faithful tithers this?...
> ref.; Deuteronomy 14:28-29
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.