Gene Scott's greatest hits - Dirty Laundry

Celestia S

Oct 6, 2021, 3:45:07 AM10/6/21
Remember when he used to play that song over and over and over again while waiting for us to call to tell him how amazingly wonderful he is and to tell him we are sending him all our money to worship him instead of worshiping God? Does anyone remember what exactly his beef with the media was in those days? Probably not the same beef he told US he had.

BTW, I wonder how many of the lawsuits he was hiding from were music companies suing him for playing their music without paying royalties.

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 8:50:39 AM10/6/21
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 3:45:07 AM UTC-4, Celestia S wrote:
> Remember when he used to play that song over and over and over again while waiting for us to call to tell him how amazingly wonderful he is and to tell him we are sending him all our money to worship him instead of worshiping God? Does anyone remember what exactly his beef with the media was in those days? Probably not the same beef he told US he had.
>
> BTW, I wonder how many of the lawsuits he was hiding from were music companies suing him for playing their music without paying royalties.
YOU NEVER CALLED OR GAVE A SINGLE DIME!

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 12:00:38 PM10/6/21
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 1:45:07 AM UTC-6, Celestia S wrote:
> Remember when he used to play that song over and over and over again while waiting for us to call to tell him how amazingly wonderful he is and to tell him we are sending him all our money to worship him instead of worshiping God? Does anyone remember what exactly his beef with the media was in those days? Probably not the same beef he told US he had.
>
> BTW, I wonder how many of the lawsuits he was hiding from were music companies suing him for playing their music without paying royalties.

I don't remember any specific beef he had with media in general back then ...seems it was more about his separation and competition with the mainstream TV evangelical and fundamental Christian organizations. I've heard him say he was paying the royalties for the music played on his shows. He liked to play that crap so the unsaved and carnal Christian viewers wouldn't be offended by hymns and hearing about Jesus ...but would look at his horses and whoors and send him more money to hear him talk shit and scream at the staff and curse the congregation for not sending mo' money. He built an admiring fan base on this model.

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 12:05:55 PM10/6/21
Good on Cele ...I wish I had been calling some one else and giving to a Biblical teaching ministry like Thru The Bible.

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 3:22:01 PM10/6/21
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT BULLIES DIDNT APPEAR UNTIL AFTER EVERYONE STARTED USING NAPSTER WHICH WAS AROUND 2000-2001, THEN MRS SATAN HAD AN EVIL IDEA, AND WENT AFTER SCOTT LISTENERS!

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 3:23:03 PM10/6/21
OBVIOUSLY YOU NEVER WENT THRU SCOTTS TAPES ONLINE

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 3:31:20 PM10/6/21
I know ...by sheer coincidence (?) I happened to meet the guy who was one of the first artists to file lawsuit against napster ...he told me this after I was gushing about napster ...well that was an awkward moment ...then he asked if I downloaded any of his stuff and I confessed - just that one song everybody was already stealing for years ...'Time Has Come Today" ...yeah that guy. I asked if it was okay and he said ok just this once and then we went outside for a smoke. True story!

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 3:36:19 PM10/6/21
I GUESS I DIDN'T HAVE TO SINCE I WAS MOST OFTEN THERE TO HEAR IT THROUGH THE IN-HOUSE A/V SYSTEM PIPED 24-7 INTO EVERY ROOM OF THE COMPOUND!
Message has been deleted

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 8:18:50 PM10/6/21
FOR THE CONVENIENCE I DOWNLOADED ABOUT TWO THOUSAND CLASSIC ROCK TUNES EVEN THOUGH I HAD 400 CD'S. AND MY IPOD IS STILL LOADED WITH THEM. GOING ON 20 YRS. I WOULD START LIKE 50 TUNES AND WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK THEY WERE DONE.

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 8:21:05 PM10/6/21
NEVER GOT STUMPED ON A TITLE IN NAPSTER, IT WAS ALWAYS FOUND

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 9:39:46 PM10/6/21
Two thousand ...no you took too many ...it's gonna be deja vu for you all over again!

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 9:42:46 PM10/6/21
There were a couple other file sharing sites I used when napster dried up ...I found the neatest stuff. Lots of tunes I had never heard of and some obscure gems I hadn't heard for decades.

yourdaddy

Oct 6, 2021, 10:40:48 PM10/6/21
STATUE OF LIMITATIONS HAS EXPIRED

bluettes

Oct 6, 2021, 11:38:38 PM10/6/21
Okay, good.

Matt2442

Oct 17, 2021, 10:53:23 PM10/17/21
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 12:45:07 AM UTC-7, Celestia S wrote:
> Remember when he used to play that song over and over and over again while waiting for us to call to tell him how amazingly wonderful he is and to tell him we are sending him all our money to worship him instead of worshiping God? Does anyone remember what exactly his beef with the media was in those days? Probably not the same beef he told US he had.
>
> BTW, I wonder how many of the lawsuits he was hiding from were music companies suing him for playing their music without paying royalties.

Matt2442:
Yes, former VOF here. I remember hearing that song until I wanted to puke, and I like Don Henley's music. I think only "Neutron Dance" got on my nerves more. I'm sure I acted like I loved it though.

yourdaddy

Oct 17, 2021, 11:02:38 PM10/17/21
MATT WAS ALWAYS THE FALSE VOICE OF FAITH

bluettes

Oct 18, 2021, 12:15:20 AM10/18/21
I carefully avoided mentioning that song and there ya had to go and say it ...instant earworm.

yourdaddy

Oct 18, 2021, 3:10:12 AM10/18/21
I HAD OVER 400 CD'S BUT FOR CONVEINCE

No One Special

Oct 18, 2021, 4:32:50 PM10/18/21
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 12:45:07 AM UTC-7, Celestia S wrote:
> Remember when he used to play that song over and over and over again while waiting for us to call to tell him how amazingly wonderful he is and to tell him we are sending him all our money to worship him instead of worshiping God? Does anyone remember what exactly his beef with the media was in those days? Probably not the same beef he told US he had.
>
> BTW, I wonder how many of the lawsuits he was hiding from were music companies suing him for playing their music without paying royalties.

Not to mention all of the copyright violations for reading vast swatches of copywritten books (page after page, chapter after chapter, book after book) on the air for years.

Matt2442

Oct 18, 2021, 6:40:42 PM10/18/21
Matt2442:
Sorry! Strange how hearing either of those songs brings you right back to KH2 during whatever crisis was happening at the time.

Matt2442

Oct 18, 2021, 6:42:31 PM10/18/21
Matt2442:
Yeah, for all the concern over his own copyrights, he didn't seem to think he had to obey copyright laws himself, did he? He'd name the author and publisher though, as though that covered him. I thought it did to be honest.

bluettes

Oct 18, 2021, 7:10:40 PM10/18/21
lol! He overplayed that one for sure .

Celestia S

Oct 18, 2021, 8:58:52 PM10/18/21
He only read bits of books, I'm sure lots of people bought them so they could read the rest, so why would the publishers mind?