Isn't it Strange?.....................................................................................................................

No One Special

Feb 13, 2024, 8:28:20 PMFeb 13
ISN'T IT STRANGE?

Isn't it strange how so many professing "Christians" today want to use the Bible to defend a tithe that is not even found in the Bible.

The only tithe given by Abraham that we see recorded in the Bible is a tithe of war spoils. These war spoils were not Abraham's monetary income. And yet, people will quote or reference Abraham's tithe to justify a tithe of man's monetary income.

They will quote or reference Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek, saying that, "Abraham, our father in faith, tithed before the Law."

While this is true, it is equally true that had Abraham not killed a bunch of wicked people, that tithe that Abraham gave would not have been possible and there would have been no recorded instance in the Bible of Abraham tithing at all.

The only tithes given by Israel that we see recorded in the Bible are tithes of agricultural increase and agricultural food by-products from the land that they inherited...the land of Canaan. Had they not moved into the land of Canaan, there would not have been a recorded instance of Israelites giving tithes at all. And yet, people will quote or reference Israel's tithe of agricultural increase and agricultural food by-products to justify a tithe of man's monetary income.

They will quote or reference Matthew 23:23, saying, "Jesus said tithing ought to be done" (look it up, they're not even quoting it correctly). And yet, had Israel not taken possession of Canaan, there would be no instance of Jesus telling them they tithed at all.

WRONG USAGE

Isn't it strange how many professing "Christians" today use the Bible to defend a tithe doctrine that is nowhere recorded in the Bible, and cannot even see the tithes that are recorded in the Bible?