REBUKE THE DEVOURER FOR YOUR SAKE?

No One Special

May 10, 2021, 12:39:14 AM5/10/21
REBUKE THE DEVOURER FOR YOUR SAKE?

Tithing teachers will often attempt to deceive people into tithing to them (handing over 10% of their income) by claiming that by doing so God will "rebuke the devourer for your sakes."

The devourer, of course, being debt, financial problems, the devil, and anything the tither believes is being "devoured" (or taken from them) in their lives that they believe they should posses.

The scriptures tithing teachers refer to are these often used verses...

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts." - Malachi 3:10-11

The sad part of all of this is that for the New Testament Church, that is to say for New Testament Believers, God has already done something for us SO MUCH GREATER than merely rebuking a devourer for us based on Old Testament tithing instructions.

JESUS' TRIUMPH OVER DEATH, THE GRAVE AND HELL

We have no need to tithe in an attempt to motivate God to rebuke the devourer for us, God has done far more than that for us. God has handed satan THE ULTIMATE INFINATELY POWERFUL REBUKE which is eternal, utterly devastating and DID NOT REQUIRE ANYONE TO TITHE ANYTHING!

Satan, and anything he would attempt to use to devour us, has been rebuked FOREVER by Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross and Jesus' triumphant resurrection! There is NO STRONGER REBUKE POSSIBLE.

Concerning satan being rebuked by God, the word of God says this...

"Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it." - Colossians 2:15 ...THAT IS WHAT I CALL A REBUKE!!

Colossians 2:15 states that Christ “disarmed the rulers and authorities.” To whom does this phrase refer? The combination of “rulers and authorities” appears elsewhere in Paul’s writings in reference to human authorities (See; Titus 3:1), but more often it applies to spiritual powers (See; Ephesians 3:10; 6:12). When we compare Colossians with Ephesians (its parallel epistle), we see that “thrones, dominions, rulers, and authorities” are obviously spiritual entities, whether angels or demons (See; Ephesians 1:21; 2:2; 3:10; 6:12).

The word of God also tells us this...

"Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might DESTROY the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery." - Hebrews 2:14-15

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." - Romans 8:37

CONCLUSION

If you are a New Testament Believer, YOU DO NOT NEED to give ten percent of your income TO ANYONE in order for God to give you victory over the devil, the devourer, or anything!

Anyone telling you that you must tithe to them, or to anyone, for God to give you victory IS A LIAR.

Satan, the devourer, has been eternally REBUKED for your sake, on your behalf, THAT IS ALREADY REALITY.

How do we live in the victory God has given us? By believing God's Word who tells us...

1 John 4:4...
“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

1 John 5:4...
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

1 Corinthians 15:57...

“But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

DON'T TITHE TO ANYONE; all they're trying to do is sell you something GOD HAS ALREADY GIVEN TO YOU AS A GIFT.

yourdaddy

May 10, 2021, 7:46:01 AM5/10/21
thats your choice, not mine.

yourdaddy

May 10, 2021, 10:46:02 AM5/10/21
I FINALLY HEARD WHAT SCOTT SAID ABOUT THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST AND THE WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT, BOTH ARE DEALT WITH AFTER THE 1000 YR REIGN. NON TITHERS EXPECT TO BE THROWN INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE. "CONCERNING THE TITHES THIS YOU OUGHT TO HAVE DONE" PER JESUS,,,AND SINCE YOU DONT, GOD HELP YOU! YOUR SATANIC ARGUEMENT ABOUT THAT WAS THE OLD TESTAMENT, TITHING WAS BEFORE THERE WAS LAW GIVEN TO MOSES. ASK CANE AND ABEL.

bluettes

May 10, 2021, 11:43:45 AM5/10/21
Cane and Abel were not paying tithes.
Abel brought a blood offering for sin offering and Cane tried to make it into a tithe from his farming efforts ...an offering based on his works which did not address the Blood Sacrifice of an innocent lamb for sin ...which is why GOD accepted Abel's offering and rejected Cane's ...which is why Cane got mad and murdered his brother Abel ...you are exactly like Cane - refusing to acknowledge the Blood Atonement of The Lamb of GOD, Jesus.

You really believe you are saved by paying a tithe. You are without understanding of what the entire Bible teaches, from Genesis 3 clear through Revelation ...Maybe you need to stfu?

yourdaddy

May 10, 2021, 4:45:26 PM5/10/21
STFU NIGGER, YOU THINK JESUS IS BLACK,

bluettes

May 10, 2021, 6:11:46 PM5/10/21
I do? I never knew I had that thought ...wow the moron is a remote viewing mind reader!

Too bad his mental GPS is up his ASS. lol! And his theology is swirling down the toilet under a load of crap.

No One Special

May 25, 2021, 12:07:17 AM5/25/21
>>> Answer...

Briggs hasn't clue of what he is babbling about, he really needs to keep his dumb ass scotty big mouth shut. Briggs is a brain dead uneducated moron.

Jesus, in Matthew 23:23, did not say "tithing is something you ought to do," not even close. Why would Jesus waste His time telling people to do something He, just seconds before, already acknowledged they were doing?...

"Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." - Matthew 23:23

NOTE: "for ye pay tithe"...THEY WERE TITHING, He didn't need to tell them to tithe.

The things He was telling them they should do are things He said THEY WERE NOT DOING... "and have omitted the weightier (more important) matters of the law" ...THOSE THINGS are what Jesus spoke to them this; "these ought ye to have done"...BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DOING THEM. Redux; BRIGGS IS AN IDIOT FULL OF HORSE SHIT!

Jesus also said that they should do all of the Law because at that time the people Jesus was addressing were under the law; "and not to leave the other undone." CHRISTIANS ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES, and have NO commandment to tithe anything.

And NO, there was NO TITHING before the Law of Moses that was commanded by God. There is NO RECORD of Abram being told by God to tithe anything to anyone, or that he tithed more than once. And, as far as Jacob and his foolish tithing vow; there is NOT ONE CLUE in the Bible that Jacob ever did any tithing to anyone of anything. No verse of scripture records Jacob tithing. God never told him to, and we have NO RECORD of him doing so.

BRIGGS, you are a shit for brains pathetic little moron.

>> JESUS SPOKE OF TITHING IN THE NEW TESTAMENT?

No, He didn't; while on earth He never mentioned tithing even once in the New Testament, not a single word.

Tithing teachers love to refer to Matthew 23:23 (also Luke 11:42) as "proof text" that Jesus not only spoke about tithing in the New Testament, but, as they falsely claim; "validated tithing, and commanded tithing for New Testament Christians." They tell us "tithing is in the New Testament, Jesus commanded tithing, therefore a Christian should tithe." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Neither Matthew 23:23 or Luke 11:42 are in the New Testament; if by "New Testament" you are referring to the New Covenant era we are now in and will be forever.

When Jesus spoke His words in Matthew 23:23 or Luke 11:42, He had not gone to the cross yet, He was operating under the Law of Moses, and the New Covenant was not yet established or in force. Also, Jesus spoke Matthew 23:23 or Luke 11:42 to Jews who were still at that time under the Law of Moses and were, if growing fruits, vegetables or raising live stock on the promise land, required to tithe on them.

Jesus was not commanding New Testament Christians to tithe in Matthew 23:23 or Luke 11:42. To claim so is taking scripture completely out of proper context, the proper Covenant, and applying it to the wrong group of people in the wrong covenant era. The tithing Jesus was referring to was a commandment to the Children of Israel under the Old Covenant.

ORGANIZING THE BIBLE

Over the last few hundred years the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, have been organized into what we call the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament," with the Old Testament ending with The Book of Malachi and the New Testament beginning with The Gospel of Matthew. Sadly, most people do not realize that the majority of the Gospels, the records and events inside the Gospels, take place during the Old Covenant era, including Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42.

The Gospels, all four, can in fact be broken up into two parts; chapters and verses before Jesus' death on the cross (Old Testament period), and chapters and verses after Jesus' death on the cross (New Testament period). Where Jesus' death on the cross is the demarcation line between the end of the Old Covenant (including the Law of Moses which was the Covenant with the Nation of Israel) and the beginning of the New Covenant. The Gospels are placed in their complete condition in what we call "the New Testament" as a method of organization of the Bible. Men decided to place the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in their entirety (all chapters and verses) into what we call "The New Testament" set of scriptures.

If I were to break the Gospels into two parts, based on the Old and New Covenant sections, they would be organized like this...

>> MATTHEW;

Gospel of Matthew, Old Covenant period; Matthew 1:1 to Matthew 27:50 (Jesus' death).
Gospel of Matthew, New Covenant period; Matthew 27:51 to Matthew 28:20.

>> MARK;

Gospel of Mark, Old Covenant period; Mark 1:1 to Mark 15:37 (Jesus' death).
Gospel of Mark, New Covenant period; Mark 15:38 to Mark 16:20.

>> LUKE;

Gospel of Luke, Old Covenant period; Luke 1:1 to Luke 23:46 (Jesus' death).
Gospel of Luke, New Covenant period; Luke 23:47 to Luke 24:53.

>> JOHN;

Gospel of John, Old Covenant period; John 1:1 to John 19:30 (Jesus' death).
Gospel of John, New Covenant period; John 19:31 to John 21:25.

>> Why the demarcation lines in the Gospels placed where I placed them, where Jesus' death is recorded in each Gospel? This is why...

HIGH PRIEST OF THE OLD TESTAMENT ESTABLISHED IN THE LAW OF MOSES

The high priest was the supreme spiritual leader of the Israelites, the Nation of Israel. The office of the high priest was hereditary and was descended from Aaron, the brother of Moses, of the Levite tribe (see: Exodus 28:1; Numbers 18:7). The high priest had to be “whole” physically (without any physical defects) and holy in his personal conduct (see: Leviticus 21:6-8).

Under the Old Covenant only the High Priest was permitted to enter the Temple Holy of Holies. He could only do so once a year (the Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur, which is the holiest day of the Jewish year) and only after proper ceremonial activity was successfully completed, and after required sacrifices were offered up to God. If any of these requirements were not properly completed he was dead upon entering the Holy of Holies. God would not tolerate sin in His Holy presence. If the High Priest’s sins were not atoned for properly, he would die in the presence of the shekinah - the glory of God that filled the Holy of Holies.

The high priest had to offer a sin offering not only for the sins of the whole congregation (the Nation of Israel), but also for himself (see: Leviticus 4:3-21).

The Holy of Holies was entered into once a year by the High Priest on the Day of Atonement to sprinkle the blood of sacrificial animals (a bull offered as atonement for the Priest and his household, and a goat offered as atonement for the people) and offer incense upon the Ark of the Covenant and the mercy seat which sat on top of the ark in the First Temple (the Second Temple had no ark and the blood was sprinkled where the Ark would have been and the incense was put on the Brazen Altar of incense). The animal was sacrificed and the blood was carried into the most holy place. The golden censers were also found in the Most Holy Place.

In Leviticus 16:2 it says...

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the veil before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat." The mercy seat was inside the Holy of Holies.

Anyone entering the Holy of Holies without being the right person (the High Priest) on the proper day (the Day of Atonement) would die in God's presence. Between the outside and inside of the Holy of Holies there was a thick veil covering the entrance.

At the moment Jesus died on the cross...

"Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;" - Matthew 27:50-51

...the veil that was torn in two in the temple was the veil over the entrance to the Holy of Holies. Why was it torn in two the moment Jesus died on the cross? Because the sins of mankind were paid for in total, and now anyone could enter the Holy of Holies and stand face to face with God with their sins forgiven and cleansed by Jesus' blood shed in His death.

That could ONLY happen under the New Covenant paid for by Jesus' shed blood and death on the cross. At the moment of Jesus' death the New Covenant was established and came into power, later to be revealed and detailed from the Book of Acts to the Book of Revelation.

The Word of God tells us...

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures," - 1 Corinthians 15:3

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;" - 1 Peter 3:18

"For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." - Romans 5:10

"For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance." - Hebrews 9:15

"Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ." - 1 Peter 1:18-19

How does the Bible express the significance of Jesus’ death as recorded in the Gospels? This is exactly what we find at the crucifixion of Jesus and the tearing of the temple "curtain" (or veil) immediately after his death. The tearing of the veil is described in all three Synoptic Gospels (see; Matthew 27:51; Mark 15:38; Luke 23:45) and is God's way of saying that mankind can now approach Him in His holiest place and live.

In understanding the role of the High Priest, we can better comprehend the significance of Christ offering Himself for our sins once for all (see: Hebrews 9:26 and Hebrews 10:10-12). Through Christ’s sacrifice for us, we are sanctified and set apart for Him.

CONCLUSION

Jesus has not commanded any New Testament Believer to tithe under the Old or New Covenants, He did not establish tithing in the New Covenant for anyone. That is the reason no Apostle ever taught tithing, asked for a tithe, rebuked any person or church for not tithing, or received a tithe themselves. Not one of them. The early church (i.e. Book of Acts) NEVER tithed. We have NO record of them doing so. In fact, concerning the law regarding tithing and the rest of the Law of Moses, the Apostles wrote...

"Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:" - Acts 15:24

Hebrews 7:18-19 says of the Law of Moses, including the commandment to tithe, which the writer of Hebrews tells us that the commandment is dis-annulled (ended), unprofitable and weak...

"For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God." - Hebrews 7:18-19

Where was mankind under the New Covenant first given the calling to "draw nigh unto God"? The first place was the Holy of Holies immediately after Jesus' death on the cross. There was no longer to be a veil between mankind and God. By faith anyone could enter.

Additionally, it must be understood that Christians under the New Testament are not under the law...

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." - Romans 7:6

>> Concerning Jesus' statement...

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." - Matthew 23:23

And, recorded in the Gospel of Luke...

"But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." - Luke 11:42

...both verses record Jesus' words BEFORE the New Covenant era began, BEFORE Jesus went to the cross, BEFORE he died on the cross, BEFORE the veil to the Holy of Holies was torn in two inviting all to enter in faith (no tithe required).

So, as you can see; When on earth, Jesus never mentioned tithing in the era of the New Covenant. When He was on earth it was the era of the Old Covenant. Jesus waited until the Book of Hebrews (Hebrews chapter seven) after His resurrection, where He, through the Holy Spirit, revealed how and why tithing was forever ended.

>>> Misuse of Matthew 23:23 by Deceptive Tithing Teachers

Tithing teachers often refer to Matthew 23:23 claiming that Jesus instructed tithing for New Testament Believes in this verse of scripture. This claim is utterly false and a clear misuse of the scripture.

>>> The passage of scripture;

"Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." - Matthew 23:23

>>> The false claims;

1. Jesus was instructing New Testament Christians to tithe.

2. Jesus said that tithing is something you (Christians) "ought to do."

3. Jesus validated tithing for Christians in Matthew 23:23.

4. Jesus spoke Matthew 23:23 in the New Testament gospel of Matthew therefore tithing is a New Testament principle and instructions for Christians to tithe.

>>> The facts;

1. "Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees" ...Jesus was talking directly to Scribes and Pharisees, Jews who were at that time under and subject to the Law of Moses. Jesus did not make His statements under the New Testament / New Covenant era which instructs NO ONE to tithe.

Much of what was written and recorded in the four Gospels takes place in the Old Testament period. The New Testament era did not begin until the death and resurrection of Jesus. Some scholars believe that the New Testament / New Covenant era did not officially begin until the day of Pentecost. Either way, when Jesus was addressing the Scribes and Pharisees in Mathew 23:23 it was a time when they were under the Law of Moses, not the New Testament.

To whom Jesus was addressing and under what circumstances He was doing so is vitally important in properly establishing the facts and avoiding the conclusion of false and misleading claims.

2. "hypocrites!" ...Jesus was addressing the hypocrisy of their actions of paying tithes, which was not an act of hypocrisy in itself, but in the case of the Scribes and Pharisees Jesus was talking to, the manner and motivation in which they were paying tithe was in question by Jesus who called out their hypocrisy.

The primary point of Matthew 23:23 is not to command tithing, but rather to expose the error of keeping the letter of the law and at the same time failing in the spirit of the law, which is in the end the real point of the law.

> This same principle is seen here in Jesus' statement...

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28

3. "for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, "...The scribes and Pharisees were in fact paying tithes (this will become important later).

4. "and have omitted the weightier matters of the law" ...Jesus included tithing as a matter of the law, but went on to state that tithing was not as important a matter of the law as was other more important (weightier) matters of the law such as judgment, mercy, and faith.

It is clear that He did so, included tithing as a matter of the law, by stating immediately after speaking of tithing Jesus said "and have omitted the weightier matters of the law." That is to say...

a. Tithing was a matter of the law, codified in the law, regulated in the law and was a part of the law.

b. Tithing was not the most important part of the law, leading to...

c. There are more important matters of the law which the Scribes and Pharisees failed to obey. The point being was that the Scribes and Pharisees were keeping to the letter of the law by tithing, but entirely missing the deeper meaning of the law, that is to say proper judgment, mercy, and faith, that they should have understood and acted on. Because of not doing so, their tithing was hypocrisy. The word "hypocrite" means "actor," as in they were outwardly acting out the law, but inwardly rejecting the more important subjects of the law.

d. In short; you Scribes and Pharisees tithed based on the law, but fail at the more important matters of the law.

5. "and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done," ...After stating that they fell short of the more important issues of the law, again; judgment, mercy, and faith, Jesus stated that "these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

6. "and not to leave the other undone." ...Continuing from point 3 above; Jesus was NOT instructing the Scribes and Pharisees to do something, that is to say "not to leave it undone," that they were ALREADY DOING; namely tithing. They were already tithing, there was NO NEED to tell therm to tithe by saying "THESE THINGS you ought to have done."

> Note: "THESE THINGS" (plural), not "THIS THING" (singular)...

"THESE THINGS" "judgment, mercy, and faith," ...three items, three subjects.

Not "THIS THING" as in a single subject of tithing, as it would be stated if Jesus was referring to a single subject such as tithing.

Jesus did not waste His time instructing someone to do something He knew they were already doing, but He did call out and expose the fact that their reason and motivation was wrong and hypocritical in what they were doing.

The phrase "these ought ye to have done," is clearly referring to "judgment, mercy, and faith," not tithing BECAUSE they were already tithing. No one tells someone to do something they are already doing unless they do so in ignorance. Jesus was not speaking in ignorance. It is NOT, as many tithing teachers claim, referring to tithing as something we "ought to have done."

Also, notice the PAST TENSE of the phrase "these ought ye to have done," NOT "these things you must continue to do as New Testament Believers." Jesus was clearly referring to something they, the Scribes and Pharisees, had not done in the past, something He was commanding that they should do.

7. The "tithing principle;" as some tithing teachers are now claiming; Jesus spoke of NO "tithing principle" or "universal tithing principle" in Matthew 23:23. There is no "tithing principle" apart from actual instructions for tithing found in the law or scriptures referring to the Law of Moses. We are not under Law of Moses. "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14

>>> Closing Comment...

"Text taken out of context is a pretext to deceptive text."

Three words for proper scriptural interpretation...

Context, context, context.

yourdaddy

May 25, 2021, 12:22:32 AM5/25/21
you suck on satans tit

rpbc

May 25, 2021, 1:51:48 PM5/25/21
rpbc: Perfectly clear and all in context.

yourdaddy

May 25, 2021, 2:16:31 PM5/25/21
SAYS THE EXCOMMINICATED MORONS

bluettes

May 25, 2021, 7:04:25 PM5/25/21
Then fucking do it ...who gets your tithesezzzz? Tell us. Liar.

bluettes

May 25, 2021, 7:05:22 PM5/25/21
You are satans tit.

bluettes

May 25, 2021, 7:06:32 PM5/25/21
Who excommunicates? you? What a fucked in head moron you are ...useless eater.

yourdaddy

May 25, 2021, 10:34:27 PM5/25/21
YOU KNOW WHO

yourdaddy