No One Specialunread,
Sep 15, 2021, 4:55:02 PMSep 15
FACTS ON ACTS CHAPTER FIVE; "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession"...
1. The Apostles should have known better than to permit it; they should have refused the "offerings" and instructed people to stop selling their property.
2. Caused the death of at least two people (Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira).
3. Was a form of failed socialism.
4. Was against God's will for a family; God does not instruct a man to sell all he has and give it to a church thus impoverishing his family.
5. Contributed to the poverty of the saints in Jerusalem.
6. Is used by churches to con their members into give more than would be responsible giving.
7. Is never practiced by people who like to refer to it in defense of giving. None of them EVER sell all they have and give it to a church.
8. Caused a great fear in the church.
>> In short; it was an ungodly disaster completely against scripture. It's a perfect example of how socialism DOES NOT WORK, and should never be practiced by anyone.
"Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty." - Proverbs 22:16
1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.