The (Incomplete) Legacy of Dr. Gene Scott

Dennis Ray Wingo

Feb 20, 2021, 3:16:53 PMFeb 20

bluettes

Feb 23, 2021, 2:42:58 PMFeb 23
On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 1:16:53 PM UTC-7, wingo...@gmail.com wrote:
> For your reading pleasure....
>
> https://paulineinstitute.wordpress.com/2021/02/20/the-incomplete-legacy-of-gene-scott-at-the-library-of-congress/

That f#cking hat again...makes me want to hurl.

rpbc

Feb 23, 2021, 3:48:42 PMFeb 23
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 12:42:58 PM UTC-7, bluettes wrote:
> On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 1:16:53 PM UTC-7, wingo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > For your reading pleasure....
> >
> > https://paulineinstitute.wordpress.com/2021/02/20/the-incomplete-legacy-of-gene-scott-at-the-library-of-congress/
Blue: That f#cking hat again...makes me want to hurl.
rpbc: All other things aside I have to agree...

bluettes

Feb 23, 2021, 10:22:01 PMFeb 23
Yep ..can see all those puffed up preening assholes in full vain-gloriously standing over us like they were all that and a bag of cold greasy tommyburgers.

Matt2442

Feb 24, 2021, 8:07:52 AMFeb 24
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 7:22:01 PM UTC-8, bluettes wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 1:48:42 PM UTC-7, rpbc wrote:

> > Blue: That f#cking hat again...makes me want to hurl.
> > rpbc: All other things aside I have to agree...

bluettes:
> Yep ..can see all those puffed up preening assholes in full vain-gloriously standing over us like they were all that and a bag of cold greasy tommyburgers.

Matt2442:
Yes, not exactly the best symbol of Scott's legacy for those of us who remember them. I remember them running down the aisles every time people started clapping, looking over the audience for anyone who might make use of the disturbance, but also noting who wasn't clapping. "Keep an eye on that person! He's not 100 % with us."

MOSES

Feb 24, 2021, 10:26:14 AMFeb 24
paranoia will destroy ya

bluettes

Feb 24, 2021, 1:48:54 PMFeb 24
Oh yes ...spot on comment Matt ...rather like twitter, google, FB ....social media are one big cult.

bluettes

Feb 24, 2021, 1:52:24 PMFeb 24
Very true. Gene Scott's paranoia permeated his organization and destroyed it.

rpbc

Feb 24, 2021, 3:38:36 PMFeb 24
Blu: Very true. Gene Scott's paranoia permeated his organization and destroyed it.
rpbc: Understandable, understandable, understandable after those rapacious CBS lawyers stole Scott's It's a Beautiful Day and those damnable musicians with along with it. He wasn't about to let anything like that happen ever again no matter the price he'd make others pay... what difference paranoia from the man looking out for your soul...

bluettes

Feb 24, 2021, 3:51:24 PMFeb 24
And after all the fuss ...it's still a beautiful day.

Dennis Ray Wingo

Feb 25, 2021, 12:35:13 PMFeb 25
Indeed....

MOSES