It is not until the late 1800s that we see the doctrine ...........................................................................................

No One Special

Feb 21, 2024, 12:35:59 PMFeb 21
The claim, "We don't tithe by Law" is misleading.

The word "tithe" is a law unto itself. For it is either a fixed number, i.e., the tenth; or it is a fixed percentage, i.e., the tenth part.

For this reason, tithing cannot exist outside of Law.

There is no such thing as "tithing outside of the Law." Even Abraham, who people say, "tithed before the Law" was observing a tithing Law when he gave tithes to Melchizedek.

In Hebrews 7, the last place in the Bible where we see tithing is mentioned, we see that the Levite Priests have (present tense) a command to take (present tense) tithes (Law) according to the Law.

There is no evidence of tithing existing after the Law in the early Christian community or in any Christian church. The Catholic church tossed around the thought of resurrecting the Levitic tithe (animals and crops) at the Council of Macon in A.D. 585. But it was not made into Catholic church law until A.D. 777 under the rule of Charlemagne.

It is not until the late 1800s that we see the doctrine that God requires man to bring monetary tithes to the local church.