A voluntary act in the life of a Believer?..................................................................

No One Special

Feb 19, 2024, 7:27:38 PMFeb 19
Many today believe that "tithing is a voluntary act" in the life of a Believer.

The truth is that tithing is not a voluntary act at all. The very definition of the word "tithe" reveals that it is not a voluntary act. It is a required tenth or required tenth part.

And these pastors even preach it as a requirement when they deceitfully use biblical passages, such as Malachi 3:8-10 to bewitch the people into believing that God requires them to give Him ten percent of their money or bad things will happen in their homes, their workplace, their family, et.al.

Truth be known, Malachi is not calling for Christians to bring monetary tithes to their local church. He called for the Levite Priests of Israel to bring agricultural tithes to the Temple in Jerusalem.

So, for them to use Malachi 3:8-10 as a whipping post and command center for Christians to bring monetary tithes to their local church is a case of them handling the word of God deceitfully.

2 Corinthians 4:1-2 - "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."