No One Specialunread,
May 10, 2021, 1:33:38 AMMay 10
re: " rpbc: Had her on in the background, listened for the opening rant... nothing special. I gather you watched... all she did was talk about giving. 1 through 4 above."
She and her flying monkeys and clapping seals need to read this...
If Abraham is to be our example as to how to tithe; Abraham tithed to Melchizedek...TO MELCHIZEDEK; where has any minister, or anyone else, been given by God the right to collect tithes for Melchizedek? Funny how the tithes they collect never seem to get to Melchizedek, but somehow make it into their own bank accounts.
I find it interesting, perhaps even suspicious, that tithing teachers claim that we should tithe BECAUSE Abraham tithed, BUT NOT AS Abraham tithed. How very convenient!
If we are to tithe BECAUSE Abraham tithed to Melchizedek, then logically, and if Abraham is to be our example concerning tithing, we should also tithe AS Abraham tithed; unless you can find a scripture that says; "Tithe because Abraham tithed, but not like him" - 1 Nonsense 3:1.
Abraham also circumcised before the law; should we circumcise also, why just tithing? ... and Abraham gave all he was in possession of (not just 10%) which was property he didn't own; should we do the same, tithe as Abraham did, on other people's property? Also, where does the word of God instruct anyone to "tithe because Abraham did?"...NOWHERE; not to anyone in the Old or New Testaments. Abram, and his one time tithe to Melchizedek, is NEVER used in God's Word as a reason for, or example of tithing.
Abram's tithe in Genesis 14 was a non-compulsory tithe. Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek of his own free will. The voluntary nature of Abram's tithe counteracts arguments that would link his tithe to any form of compulsory giving on a regular basis.
>> Here is how Abraham tithed...
1. The example of Abraham is not a normative pattern; some people claim that tithing is required because Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek, and he lived before the Mosaic covenant (the Law) was in place. Such an example hardly prove tithing is for all time, however. Abraham’s gift to Melchizedek was a one-time event; there is no evidence he regularly gave God (or anyone) a tithe.
2. Abraham tithed on the spoils of war (which would be illegal under the Law, which is the tithing system, rules and procedures GOD ESTABLISHED; God did not establish a system of tithing outside of the Law of Moses, the Torah. There is no such a "second tithing system" in the Old or New Testament).
3. Abraham tithed by paying 10% to a Priest, Melchizedek, and the remaining 90% he gave to a pagan King (and some to his men); in Abraham's case, to the King Sodom.
4. Abraham tithed one time (no record of Abraham ever tithing before or after, and no record of him teaching Issac to tithe or anyone else...Abraham was not a tithing teacher).
5. Abraham tithed without being commanded to do so. God never held Abraham responsible for tithing, and did not tell him to do so. We have no record of any such command from God to Abraham.
6. Abraham tithed on things he didn't own. Some of which were Lot's property ("And he gave him tithes of all." - Genesis 14:20).
7. And, possibly, Abraham tithed human beings taken in his rescue of his Nephew, Lot.
8. Abraham tithed directly to a Priest, NOT to a church, tithing teacher or TV Evangelist. Also, he didn't tithe to an organization, but rather to a person; Melchizedek.
9. Abraham tithed because of a ONE TIME special event; the slaughter of the Kings upon rescuing Lot, his tithe was not a regular weekly event.
10. God gave Abraham the covenant of circumcision, yet tithing, not given by God, is held in higher priority by tithing teachers than a God-ordained covenant; the covenant with Abraham was confirmed with circumcision, not tithing.
11. Abraham tithed to a KING, Melchizedek; are we to treat pastors as KINGS and the church they oversee as a "Kingdom run by a KING?"
12. Since God NEVER called the Children of Israel to tithe based on Abraham tithing to Melchizedek (there is NO SCRIPTURE commanding the Children of Israel to tithe as Abraham did), the very Abraham who was the Father of their Nation, and HIGHLY revered; why would God instruct the New Testament Church to "tithe as Abraham did?"
13. Abraham tithed to Melchizedek, thus according to Hebrews 7:5-8, proved and established that Melchizedek was superior than Abraham; when we tithe to a pastor or other person, are we to then conclude they are superior to us?
14. That is "Abrahamic tithing" ...AND WOULD BE ILLEGAL UNDER THE LAW, and the Law (or reference to the Law) is the ONLY PLACE God has ever commanded tithing.
15. And, how and where does scripture say that Abraham's tithe was an "eternal law," and why weren't the Israelites tithing BEFORE the Law, since Abraham's tithe was supposed to be some kind of "eternal law" and was before the Law of Moses, the Torah? Where is it recorded in scripture that Israelites tithed before the Law and did so because of Abraham tithing? Nowhere.
16. Abram's tithe didn't come from the Promise Land, it came from spoils of war from Sodom and Gomorrah. In God's system of tithing, any tithe from outside the Promise Land was illegal.
"And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way. And they took Lot, Abram's brother's son, who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed."
>> Tithing is not a New Testament doctrine; there is no such thing as "New Testament tithing," or "Tithing under grace." If tithing was required and taught in the New Testament for Christians, it would have to be clearly detailed and outlined in the terms and conditions of the New Testament like all promises and commands of the New Testament are. Tithing instructions would be clearly included in the New Testament.
No such terms, conditions or details are outlined anywhere in the New Testament.
>> Tithing teachers enjoy pulling out highly selective sections of scripture to fool their followers into handing over their "tithe" money. That is called taking scripture out of context to deceive. They love the "BECAUSE" part, they hate the "AS" part.
>> THE WORD OF GOD warns us to be careful and alert...
"That we from now on be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" - Ephesians 4:14