AAC - Moreau Awards (and an announcement)

Brent Eric Edwards

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

The Moreau Awards were furry fandom's first awards ceremony, chosen
by the audience members themselves. Congratulations go to all
of the Moreau nominees for their many and varied contributions to
our fandom; excellent work, y'all!

The winners of the 1997 Moreau Awards, chosen by the audience, were:

Best Furry Artist: Vicky Wyman (of Xanadu fame)
Best Furry Comic Artist: Terrie Smith (of Katmandu fame)
Best Furry 'Alternative' Artist: Pete Stoller (of the Jack Salem costume)
Best Furry Writer: Watts Martin (of _A Gift of Fire, A Gift of Blood_.)
Best Furry Publisher: Silverfox Publications
Best Furry Work: Yarf!
Best Furry Computer-Related Work: Eric W. Schwartz (of animation fame)
Best Furry Virtual Environment: Furrymuck
Best of Breed: Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

On a slightly different topic, I am grateful to all of the people who
have been thanking me for the convention as a whole. Unfortunately, I
cannot accept credit for the convention. My advertising for the
convention, and my physical presence at the center of the convention
may have confused people: I have never been the convention's overall
director. The credit for the convention now, and always, goes to
Roger 'Aloyen' Wilber: his vision (and his donation of thousands of
dollars to make it work!) and his hard work behind the scenes, was
what created the convention.

-- Brent E. Edwards

--
The Albany project was our last, best hope for a perfect convention.
That failed. But in the year of the Flame War, it became something

Glen Wooten

Jul 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/9/97

Mark Atwood (z...@ampersand.com) wrote:
: edwa...@dishwasher.cs.rpi.edu (Brent Eric Edwards) writes:
: >
: > The Moreau Awards were furry fandom's first awards ceremony,

: Not exactly.

: The guy behind "Goofy Movie" won a "Sydney Award" at the ConFurence
: before last. It was a really nice looking gold leaf statuette of the
: CF "mascot". He was a really nice guy, to boot. (I'm sorry, his name
: escapes me. Jim something.)

Jymm Magon, of the Goofy Movie & Tail Spin. The statue was done By Ruben
Avila (who else...)
--
Glen Wooten

| primary: jag...@netcom.com | secondary: glen....@fanciful.org |