Why don't any fursonas have these?

A Smelly Hyena

Sep 15, 2005, 4:34:26 AM9/15/05
The world needs more :(

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/dsaun12/special.gif

---
"no loot equalled this one, nor in the indies was there
ever found such wealth"

Ostrich!

Sep 15, 2005, 5:22:37 AM9/15/05
A Smelly Hyena wrote:
> The world needs more :(
>
> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/dsaun12/special.gif

One of my fursonae had a neat canteen like that once, but lacking
opposable thumbs, had no way to use it.

--Ostrich! <")

The Saprophyte

Sep 15, 2005, 11:19:10 PM9/15/05

"A Smelly Hyena" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Oh, I'm sure there are 'borgs around. You're just not looking in the right
places.

--
The Saprophyte

Don Sanders

Sep 16, 2005, 12:18:23 AM9/16/05
In article <dgddjc$rf5$1...@urocyon.critter.net>,
normd...@nolocale.com says...

I'm sure by the way the picture shows, They would rather be called
'Barks'.

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated, bay at the moon,
chase deer and roll in carrion! Welcome to the Barks Collective!"

:)

--
Don Sanders.

Sibe Husky

Sep 16, 2005, 12:39:05 AM9/16/05
And knots.

Wanderer

Sep 17, 2005, 4:52:37 AM9/17/05
"Sibe Husky" <evil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> And knots.

<innocent look>

But wolves don't have thumbs... how do we tie knots?

Yours having learned a few things from his mother,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Sibe Husky

Sep 17, 2005, 8:06:58 PM9/17/05
Your mother taught you how to tie yours? Kinky.

Wraywolf

Sep 18, 2005, 1:20:31 AM9/18/05
Annnnnnd Sibe FTW.

Sibe Husky

Sep 18, 2005, 8:32:07 AM9/18/05
Hot pawin.

Chris Sobieniak

Sep 20, 2005, 12:29:59 AM9/20/05
On Sat, Sep 17, 2005, 3:52am (EDT-1), wand...@ticnet.com (Wanderer)
wrote:

>But wolves don't have thumbs... how do we tie
>knots?
>Yours having learned a few things from his mother,
>
>The wolfish,
>Wanderer

Still, that's where anthropormophization comes in! :-)

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...
Christopher M. Sobieniak @ Studio Toledo

http://studio-toledo.blogspot.com/
http://studio-toledo.deviantart.com/

Bitch-Ass Secrets Of Gangsta Dracula

Sep 21, 2005, 4:45:44 PM9/21/05
"The Saprophyte" <normd...@nolocale.com> bowed down before Ramesses

It's not a cyborg! It's a special harness to allow non-morphic wolves
to have the benefits of opposable thumbs and grasping hands. :(

The Saprophyte

Sep 22, 2005, 12:22:22 AM9/22/05

"Bitch-Ass Secrets Of Gangsta Dracula" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "The Saprophyte" <normd...@nolocale.com> bowed down before Ramesses
> in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>>
>>"A Smelly Hyena" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> The world needs more :(
>>>
>>> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/dsaun12/special.gif
>>>

>>Oh, I'm sure there are 'borgs around. You're just not looking in the right
>>places.
>
> It's not a cyborg! It's a special harness to allow non-morphic wolves
> to have the benefits of opposable thumbs and grasping hands. :(

A manipulator then, ok. The way it's posed, it looked like it was
attached at the shoulder joint. Still does, actually. If you weren't
aware the foreleg was supposed to be there, you'd never know it.

If I wanted to get picky, though, I could point that in order to function,
such a device needs must have some sort of neurophysical interface,
and therefore is technically cybernetic by definition.

Pray tell, have you ever see the "Rocket Raccoon" comic mini series?
First thing I thought of even before you cleared that up. At least one
of the charecters in it has just that sort of assistence, and in the context
of the story, they're supposed to be quite commonplace.
The dolphins from Niven's "World of Ptavs" come to mind as well.
Not fursonas, mind you, but it does establish a clear precedent
for such. It'd certainly allow the scifi loving non-morphics fanciers
to have their cake and eat it too.

--
The Saprophyte

Don Sanders

Sep 22, 2005, 12:49:06 AM9/22/05
In article <dgtbi1$1u5g$1...@urocyon.critter.net>,
normd...@nolocale.com says...

Actually I remember back in my Sci-Fi books collection days having a
copy of a book which featured a coyote on the cover with a cybernetic
arm and a young lady. The name of the book is Taflak Lysandra by L.
Neil Smith. (ISBN: 0-380-75323-5)

http://www.lneilsmith.com/lns_taflak.html

Man that Coyote got it made, a cybernetic arm, an adopted human
daughter, and a explorer to boot!

:)

--
Don Sanders.

The Saprophyte

Sep 22, 2005, 1:50:40 AM9/22/05

"Don Sanders" <noo...@myemail.com> wrote in message

...For a leg!

The name of the book is Taflak Lysandra by L.
> Neil Smith. (ISBN: 0-380-75323-5)
>
> http://www.lneilsmith.com/lns_taflak.html

No shit. I've got an old a copy of Brightsuit Macbear I picked up
sitting on a shelf right now still waiting to be read. Noticed there
were a few morphs in it here and there.

> Man that Coyote got it made, a cybernetic arm, an adopted human
> daughter, and a explorer to boot!
>
> :)

What's that word again? The C-word? Come, say it with me... :)
--
The Saprophyte