Messing around with a windows 2000 VM for nostalgia.

Graham

Apr 8, 2023, 3:17:27 AM4/8/23
I miss newsgroups. Messing around in Outlook Express on a computer my mother
got as sell-off from an old library in 2005 was some of my first memories of
the internet weirdly enough. Talking with interesting folk such as you all.

I hope you're all having a good day, week, year, decade, millenium.

Arlo

Apr 11, 2023, 12:14:54 PM4/11/23
Luckily, there are still some newsgroups kicking around. Makes using a
desktop email client even better.

Hope your Easter weekend was nice!
--
Arlo "Batlam" the Bat
https://batsaregreat.neocities.org/

piper

Jun 2, 2023, 3:13:08 AM6/2/23
On 4/11/2023 11:14, Arlo wrote:
> Arlo "Batlam" the Bat
> https://batsaregreat.neocities.org/

Just chiming in to let you know I love your website design! It has major
Frontpage theme vibes, without the HTML being full of Frontpage jank

Arlo

Jun 2, 2023, 9:14:01 PM6/2/23
Thanks, glad you like it! I like boxes with borders and using Paletton
to pretend I know about colors.

tom

Jun 3, 2023, 1:50:38 AM6/3/23
On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 21:13:59 -0400
Arlo <batl...@protonmail.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks, glad you like it! I like boxes with borders and using
> Paletton to pretend I know about colors
I like your site too. What is paletton? Is it available for Linux?

Arlo

Jun 3, 2023, 10:35:18 AM6/3/23
It's a website/webapp that lets you build a color scheme based on the
color wheel and export the results to a file. The site hasn't been
updated for almost a decade, but it's still up and works fine in Firefox.
https://paletton.com/
As an example, here's the one I started with (I think I deviated from
this in practice): http://paletton.com/#uid=60i0u0ko+kV6Zv5gAqHxwfxRC98